South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 11:20 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default What is your "trigger treat?"

I know that's a weird question. Sounds like I have a Halloween lisp. I was just curious, what food, candy, snack sets you off. If you have one bite you are totally out of control??????

For me I think it is peanut M&M's. I can't have one, no I must have an entire large bag..............can I just tell you how bad that rips up the top of your mouth???????? I did that last week, was going to just have one.......didn't happen. It has been a struggle to be totally OP for me and I'm wishing I would never have had that first treat. This is how I have been in the past with falling off the wagon. Anyway, I've done OK since that little binge (OK BIG binge) but I'm not being perfect. I would like to have a meal off once a week and then get right back on the beach wagon. I hope to be able to get to that point.

Anyway, share your thoughts and how you control yourself. (especially the control part)
Old 09-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #2  

I feed it to my son! Okay, that is not a healthy way to deal with it but I caught myself eating a couple of peanut butter M&Ms yesterday so I grabbed a handful and gave them to Brian. I did hear "Mommy, did you eat any of these? You know they're not on plan, don't you?". Once they are out of the house, then I won't have to worry.

Time to go make a healthy snack so I'm not tempted.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:36 AM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Anything related to the word "potato" makes me lose it. Totally lost it last night and had french fries AND mashed potatos. Scale is hurtin me today.

Oh, and beer. Beer makes me lose it too. I try to just stay away from it, but even when I go to my parents' house, there's the beer. I just try to stay away from things that are going to push me over the edge.

Also....I buy sf chocolate (frankenfood) for those times that I just HAVE to have some real chocolate, but I limit myself to only 2 at a time.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:44 AM   #4  
tigerlily29

My trigger treat is cheesecake or garlic bread. I usually make my husband take all the treats in the house to work with him. Last month brought over this huge box of Reeses peanut butter cups because they were starting a diet. I was starting a diet too so I made Matt take them to work. He said they were gone in 1 day and there's only 2 guys that work the nightshift with him. oink!!

I usually have to have treats in my house because I have to pack my kids lunches. It helps to put them in a lower cabinet that I only go in when I'm making their lunches. When I'm looking for a snack I don't bother going in that cabinet because I know there's nothing good in there for me.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Geez! Chinese food, jujubes, chips, Smarties, cookies, etc. all trigger me to have more of the same. The only thing I can do is NOT buy it!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:03 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Nice bread... soft bread mmmm those french bread loaves at the store oh my.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #7  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Sugar treats, any sugar treats. I am going to have avoid sugar like the plague cuz I am still struggling to eat OP since last Thursday when I started stress eating.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:37 PM   #8  

Red face

Good topic.

Bread is definitely a weakness for me, but oddly a trigger food is Sugar Free Jello. Not that I need to eat a ton of SF Jello, but it gives me a craving for other sweets.

Learning the secret of the ricotta creams (smoothing them in the food processor) has changed my life. I used to hate them, now they're as good as cheesecake and almost as good as ice cream!

I've stored problem foods (Girl Guide Cookies, fund-raising chocolate covered almonds) in my dh's car trunk so they go with him to work.

As a follow up thread, maybe what is your "trigger time"? Mine is 3-5 when the kids get home and want to snack and I'm hanging around supervising homework etc. I've changed the homework time to after dinnner and found things to occupy my time after school.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:17 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

Charleston Chews. The best candy bar EVER made. And I'm sure for Halloween I'll eat 600.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #10  
Working for the Cruise!

I have a ton. Pizza from Aneilio's, Peacock Chicken (Taiwanese), SNICKERS, Cookies, Tortilla chips and salsa....the list goes on and on and on!

The worst time for me is night time. That's when it helps me to MAKE something. That way, by the time I'm done cooking and putting things together, I'm too exhausted to eat anything. Straight to the book and bed for me!
Old 09-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

All of the above.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:58 PM   #12  
i luv my dog!

Salty chips my husband likes to have around for snacks. Usually there is an open bag and "one little handful" is too easy to grab. I put them on top of the fridge out of sight, but they call my name....
Old 09-06-2004, 06:47 PM   #13  

Ice cream and candy are my sweet triggers. Garlic bread made on texas toast, cornbread and Cheetos are my savory/salty triggers. I also have to watch nuts.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Potato Chips...

BBQ, Sour Cream and Onion, Sweet Potato, Salt and Vinegar -- I won't go on!
Old 09-07-2004, 06:02 AM   #15  

Chocolate in any shape or form is my weakness. I can't have it sitting around or I demolish it. I give in from time to time and have a bit but I usually buy a dark chocolate Sante bar and eat it right away. They are 35 g which is about 1 oz so a legal snack on phase two. When I have to have chocolate I sometimes make chocolate custard with l/f milk and artificial sweetener. This prevents me from going to the shop and buying a bar of chocolate but I'm sure the custard powder is not really legal. We don't have s/f fudgsicles in NZ.
Closed Thread