South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 07:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Sunday & Monday Beach Chat - Sept. 5 & 6

Good morning, chickies. This is the last long weekend of summer and I hope you are sucking the juice out of it. A sunny day is unfolding here.

The Girls were up at 5 and are snoring away again now. Lucy is getting portly and loves having her tummy rubbed. Do dogs get stretch marks? She has less than three weeks before puppy day and seems to be a bit uncomfortable. She did not want her breakfast this morning - maybe because it was store-bought! Food snob!

I am not stepping onto that scale until Tuesday morning! Dim sum yesterday was delicious! It was so nice to see Mauvais and Ellis IRL. (Yes, I gave Ellis extra hugs from you chickies.) I managed to walk to the restaurant and back and was quite proud of myself. Harry and the Girls survived my day away very well but were happy to see me back home.

We have a combined parish service at ten this morning to welcome our new interim ministers. Ed and Gloria have filled in for holidays and such in the past and we are really pleased they will be back for a bit. There is a welcome back pot luck after the service but I am skipping it. There will be the usual high carb stuff and sickly sweet desserts. I just don't want to eat that kind of stuff anymore and there will probably not be any other options. At the last potluck, I just ate my own bean salad and had to put up with lots of comments. I'll mingle and socialize a bit after the service and then slip out when the chow line forms. I have an eggplant casserole ready for lunch at home.

This afternoon I'll probably do my pre-Gail stint, make some dog food and just hang out. I'm way behind on my chaise loafing and will catch up if it stays sunny.

What's on your plan for today and tomorrow? Have a coffee and chat a while.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:22 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I knew this would happen. I just posted this in the Saturday thread, Ruth.

Hmmm. My microwave just broke down. I suppose that means getting a stainless steel model to match my fridge. Which means it's time for a new stove (got to be stainless steel, too), which means it's time to remodel the entire kitchen. Damn. I was planning on holding off until the spring. Just as well, I suppose. People who haven't been to my house for a year are coming in, looking at the unpainted wall with the holes in it and saying, "Weren't you supposed to renovate this last year?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnfv
Ellis-my DS sleeps all day also, he's 15. I think he only wakes up because his bladder is about to explode.
Love it. It's so true.
Congratulations on the smaller size of clothing!

Jodi, Dad is amazing. Thank you.
Hey, beer today, OP tomorrow, right? I'm glad you had fun at the derby!

Little Chick, I hope you get that job!

Karen, I hope you're enjoying the weekend off with your DH. How's the exercise going?

Ruth and Mauvais and I had a hoot yesterday. Mauvais introduced us to bubble tea, something I've been meaning to try for some time now. Ruth and I both instinctively had the urge to stick a couple of the purple tapioca balls up our noses. (we didn't) We DID try sucking them into our straws and shooting them, with disastrous results.
What a mess!
Old 09-05-2004, 08:35 AM   #3  

Smile

You guys make me laugh.

Hope everybody is having a great end-of-summer weekend. We've been taking care of niggling chores, fixing a toilet, putting up fixtures etc. but today we're heading into Toronto to Chinatown and Kensington Market.

My dd has been anticipating this trip all summer as she is decorating her room in an oriental theme. I suspect we'll be loaded down with bamboo screens, paper lanterns and figurines by the time we get back. Hope to also have some good food for lunch - figured sticking to Chinese food with veggies would be best. Vietnamese is another option, but all those noodles

Well, the dog is whining to get out so I'll sign off. Wishing everybody a fun, OP day.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:43 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Geez, Heidi! Did you have to mention Chinese! Now I'm craving dim sum and bubble tea again!
I love Kensington market! Enjoy!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:03 AM   #5  

Morning, gals!

So far my sister in Florida is fine. Frances has been downgraded to a category 1 hurricane so I don't expect any problems for Tampa but I'll check back later.

My other sister is on South Beach! I talked to her 3 weeks ago (last hurricane) and she decided to start SBD after hearing how well it has done for me. She is almost done with Phase 1 and has lost 11 pounds. She doesn't have much she needs to lose but is having surgery on Tuesday and wanted to be eating healthier since she knew she wouldn't be very active for awhile.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing today but I know I need to plan meals and go to the grocery store. We're going to a cookout at friends tomorrow and I want to bring a 3 or 4 bean salad to go along with the grilled chicken they are making.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:08 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!

DD got up with our daughter this morning, so I lounged in tbed for another hour and a half. I am not sure if I actually fell asleep, but it felt good.

Ellis I did a run/walk combo yesterday and am super sore. Guess that means I am more out of shape than I realized! I am planning a similar routine today, or maybe an exercise video.

I didn't eat one thing yesterday that wasn't OP. I did have an extra glass of wine last night, but at least wine is approved.

Laundry is on the agenda for the day as well as cleaning. We are having my parents and another couple over for a cookout later. Should be fun.

Have a super day all!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Gooooooooood morning everyone!

So I bought my new scale last night (I like it way better than my old one) but it still doesn't weigh me at 133 like the doctor's office did. I may just have to only weigh myself at the Y (they have the same kind of scale) and then compare it to the scale at home. This one's nice, though. Calculates your body fat % and BMI and everything. Digital, too, so I don't have to say "Honey? Can you come in here and tell me if I'm 138 or 139?" I'm also too young for my eyes to be going out on me.

Decided not to take ANY bp medicine today to let my body fix itself, then start on the lower dosage tomorrow. Still fuzzy when I stand up, so I'm glad I made that decision. I don't FEEL funny, though, just see fuzzies when I stand up.

I get to go BRA SHOPPING today!!! Yayyyy!!!! Kohl's has a Labor Day Sale, so I'm going hog wild! Hopefully all the big ones aren't picked over. Knowing my luck, the only sizes they'll have left will be 38B and 34C or something.

I also said screw Ph1 last night, as I was STARVING when I got home from the store, and had a Flatout calzone. I could see how the pizzas wouldn't be so good, but the calzone was AWESOME. Really filling, too.

Well, I need some breakfast before my stomach eats itself. Everyone have a good day!

Old 09-05-2004, 10:42 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Just a quick hi

Had a great OP Saturday. Actually haven't done too bad all week. I did some serious exercising as well. I "ran" the stadium stairs, I felt like Rocky in the movie. Well, I couldn't walk for a day...my thighs were furious with me.

Worked late last night. I might have been getting triple time, but I earned every stinking dime. I won't go into gory details, but there are days I'm not sure how I'll be normal again.

Ruth, we'll have to have a cyber doggie shower when the canine has her litter. I'll bring the goodies and decorate! I don't know about the stretch marks, but she may need to do more situps to get that bikini figure back.

Weezle, get feeling better. I'd use your new scale and have that be the correct weight. Sounds like a nice one.

Kiko, enjoy the cookout, laundry and "sleep in". I love the weekends for that.

Barb, glad your Florida family is ok. Watched some of that stuff on CNN last night, yeek. Give me inland mountains anyday. What's your recipe for 3 bean salad?

Heidi, have a blast in Chinatown. Sounds like so much fun! Fixing toilets sounds like fun too. We went to Lowes and Home Depot yesterday to price shelves for our garage. Couldn't decide if we wanted to do it or not. Later decided we did, so dh went back to both places and they were gone at home depot and only two left at lowes. They had tons earlier in the day. This must be the fix it-clean it weekend.

Ellis, you definitely need the stainless steel microwave and other appliances. As far as renovating, you also need to hire everything done and move into a posh hotel while it's being done. Don't ya think? I hate remodeling. I like it when it's done though.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:29 AM   #9  

Smile

Good morning all...

This looks like the place to hop on in, so that's what I'm going to do!

I do need to post a public apology to my dear husband, who after reading my intro yesterday took great offense that I accused him of giving me "stink eye" over my food choices. He went out and bought a SB friendly dinner of shrimp kabobs and asparagus. What a guy!

Glad to see everyone is having a good day!

Ruth, what kind of dog do you have? I'm a sucker for puppies despite the appearance of the fat cat on my avatar!

Will check in later...

Jen

Last edited by jennierose; 09-05-2004 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:54 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Jennie, my two Girls are Portuguese Water Dogs like the ones in my avatar. Hershey has the red collar and Lucy wears the blue. The same goes for their leashes and towels. Too silly!
Here's a picture of one - a male but same idea.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/portuguesewaterdog.htm
Old 09-05-2004, 11:54 AM   #11  
Believe it & Achieve it

Plans for the day....

Well this morning has consisted of cuddling with my "snugglebug" (nickname since birth) aka DS. Cable is doing a movie marathon which started last night. So I've had that running.

Got the house up to speed at least on the main and lower level. I still need to do the upper level. Progress, not perfection. I just feel so much better with everything being clean.

Today is the BBQ at my aunts house. Should be fun. So this a.m. I am making the dessert I am taking, and I am hoping to can at least one more batch of rhubarb.

Not much else is going on. Just came by to chat while I muster up some energy to get going for the day.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:38 PM   #12  

RNMom - I posted the 4 bean one in the recipe section as a reply to the one that was already there. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45528 I think I'll try the one I have although it is very similar to the other one.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:37 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi chickies. I am back (for the millionth time) and raring to go.

Now, while my food choices have been limited this week -- in that I still have no cash to go grocery shopping and I've eaten anything I can get for free (including chips, my weakness) -- I am ready to eat better and get to the gym, since I haven't in SOOOO long.

I also got my eBay auctions up there (located here if you are interested) so in a few days I should get some income before payday in the 17th. I never knew how much I could miss fresh veggies!

Tomorrow -- eggs and frozen veggies for breakfast, then the gym, and free laundry at my friend's house, before cleaning my own. We had a great time at my friend's house by the Potomac and I spent yesterday on their boat tubing (can we say sore?). I got in earlier today, but slept as opposed to going to the gym. I am sick of being a lazy @ss so tomorrow I am getting back in gear!

Happy Labor Day to all my fellow Americans! And happy Monday to all the rest
Old 09-06-2004, 07:00 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Good Monday Morning and Happy Labour Day to everyone on both sides of the border. Canada and the USA both celebrate Labour Day. Does anyone else?

As usual, the Preggie Girls woke me before five this morning, they go out for a pee, eat their breakfast and then curl up on the couch and go back to sleep. By then I'm coffeed and starting to crank up my day.

Can I confess something? I skipped Church and the potluck yesterday and went shopping - for clothes! There's a very upscale shop in a neaby village that I've been dying to check out so I went for it! I think shopping was better for my soul than Church would have been. After buying a blouse, jacket and pants and a corduroy "Big Shirt", I was able to resist the urge to go to the Cafe for coffee and a cinnamon bun. Nothing like clothes for inspiration.

Gail comes this morning and I will do some sewing (mending!) while she is here. This afternoon I am going to an art show and recital in the next village. I also need to tromp through a graveyard there to do a bit more research for next Sunday's Mill presentation. This is #3 of the series of four and is the last one I'm working on - I think!

What's on your plate for today?
Old 09-06-2004, 08:17 AM   #15  

Ruth,
I went shopping yesterday for clothes too. I got another pair of size 14 pants at Kohl's and started trying on bras. I'm now a 38C!! Just last March I was wearing a 42DDD. What a difference! I'm glad I didn't buy too many 40D's when I went shopping a month or so ago because they are too big.

I had great plans for a walk this morning but it is pouring rain. The gym isn't opening until 8 today so I'll have to go later. We are visiting friends for lunch today. I'm bringing my 4 bean salad, fat free hot dogs, and whole wheat hot dog buns. She decided not to grill chicken when she saw the price.

We might even get some swimming if the weather clears up.
Closed Thread