Old 09-05-2004, 07:45 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #237 Sunday...

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy for 2 yrs., who is 27. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 08:09 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Default Shhhhhh.......

Rise and Shine Ladies.....

Be very very quiet... everyone in the house is actually still sleeping....
Could it be a moment for me? Yah!

Spryng,
I am so excited for you that dh came in. That is so wonderful! Like Melissa said, good thing you bought the new nightgown....lol Congrats on all the jeans so bought! That is awesome! I will be so happy for you when dh finds a local job. That will be great!

Ricci,
It sounds like you are doing well with school. That is so cool that you are learning all that already! WOW Congrats on maintaining

Cindi,
I know you will get things back together! You have done so well for a long time now. I know you have been under alot of stress with the kids getting sick.

Leigh,
I am definetely gonna check out that site. Sounds pretty neat! Let us know how it goes this morning with it. My first was vag delivery but I was lucky. They almost had to csection him but things somehow worked out at the last minute. But the other two were sections. Nicholas was emergency b/c we almost both died with him But Andrew was planned b/c he was breech and I was on bedrest from the pre-e.

Julie,
How are you doing? Hope you had a good visit with mom yesterday!

Mel,
I am so sorry TOM hit you Well it is a good thing though Did you weigh on Friday? With all the running around, I didn't get a chance to. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Crystal,
Hope Ally does well on her new spelling test!

Jill,
Congrats on the loss! That is wonderful! I can't believe how close Bayley's birthday is!!! Is everything ready for it?

Deana,
Hope you are having a great time camping!

Kristen,
I don't know if I can wait until next week for you to retest either...lol Well we are here for you either way! Hugs

Cheri,
I am gonna check into the xmas thing for organization. Hope you are having a good day!

Michelle,
I wanna see that pic!!!!

Jaymi,
I redid your weight loss plan at the top. Let me know if it looks ok. I know you had said to change it

Melinda,
How are you doing on plan?

Di,
I just wanted to send some special prayers your way in hope that everything is going ok for you and the boys. Please let us know! We are here to support you! HUGS!

Hi out there to Ginny, Lori, Mindee, and hopefully I didn't miss anyone!

Have a great Sunday!

Not too much planned here.... Fatty spagetti at my mil's She uses oil and reg. ground meat and white noodles.....grr.... No wonder why they are both big tubs of lard......lol Ok that was ugly!

Have a good one!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Slept good last night and now I'm ready to get around and attack this house. What does everyone else have planned for today? Dinner tonight will be mexican chicken and rice or chicken avocado swiss melt... which sounds better?

Penny, hope you enjoyed your quiet time this morning before the house woke up! And I'm glad I bought the new nightie too, lol... dh had his own little suprise from me! It was actually a very sexy panty camisole set... he liked it alot, lol. But for some reason lately I've been feeling much better about my body. Maybe my head is finally catching up with my weightloss or maybe my exercise is actually starting to tone me and I'm looking better, lol... I don't know which one but either way I feel like I look half way decent at times, LOL! And I hope dh can find a local job too, he misses the kids so much and Tanner is growing up so fast and he misses the majority of it.

Leigh, is your dh back in florida again covering the hurricane? I thought I may have seen his report this morning on fox... let me know. I forget his name but I thought I recognized the last name.

Well, I am off here to start getting around. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Morning gals I sayed up sooooo late! I became obsessed with watching the hurricane make landfall. Mom and sister are fine- never even lost power. My mom says that where she is (south of the eye), it's no different than a typical bad Florida thunderstorm. I think the eye and north of the eye got worse weather.

Ricci- glad you have maintained . . . keep exercising

Penny- oh no! Hope Andrew gets better soon. Your pregnancies sound scary - you were very brave to go through all that 3x!

Spryng- wow! Those are big and exciting decisions for you and DH. It would be wonderful to have him home more - sending positive thoughts your way I have tons of cleaning to do today as well. I'm eager to begin my new home plan LOL. I just want to feel a sense of control/organization . . . Oh, and I vote for the chick avacado swiss melt! DH's name is Jonathan Serrie - you may have seen him this a.m. He's definitely in FL I bet he'll be there until Wednesday

Okay, gals. Liam's almost asleep, so I'll be eating breakfast, then cleaning!TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #5  

Yes that was him Leigh!!!!! I recognized Serrie but wasn't sure... too cool! I feel like a know the wife of a rock star or something, LOL! How is it you mingle with us commoners, LOL! So glad your family was safe. My dh comes home friday so I'll keep you company until yours gets back ok?? I checked out some of those sites last night and they all look pretty neat! i think I may try each of them and see which one I like best... I love flylady but for some reason keep falling off the wagon with her, I wonder why that is?? So maybe one of these others will STICK! or maybe I just need to quit being lazy with flylady, lol.

Ok, off to clean now. TTYL!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #6  

Ok, Good Morning Everyone!

Spryng, so glad you got to spend more time with dh. I bet you had a wonderful time!!!

Penny, I hope Andrew is feeling well this morning. oh yeh, and by the way, tom didn't hit, it should soon, the PMS is here though. That's what I meant. I met goal for 2lb's in 4 weeks, but not back to where I was. I'll get there. OH yeh, Italians love fatty spagetti, lol.....that's why many are lardes...lol

Leigh, Your organizational chart is great! I bet it will work wonders for you.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #7  
Walking away the weight

Hi again Wow- the power of a list . . . I already got tons done this morning. About 1/2 the list is complete. I'm now in the middle of de-cluttering the dining room table- our main dump area. Then we have about two other "satellite" dump areas LOL - the corner of our bedroom, and the kitchen pass through. I'm also determined to go through at least one book shelf in the guest room and fill up 1-2 boxes with books to donate.

Spryng- that's neat that you saw DH - was it on your local Fox station or FNC? As for Flylady- maybe if you take her core ideas, look around at others, and merge them all into a system you think is best for you. That's what I'm trying to do- just taking bits and pieces from various places and putting it into a system that works for me.

Mel- I know you'll see a huge difference once TOM arrives/leaves. TOM is just evil.

Well, back to home work
Old 09-05-2004, 11:52 AM   #8  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone!!!

Having a great time relaxing! The boys and I slept until almost 9am so they're getting enough running around.
They did really well considering how long that car ride was!! We left home at about 5 pm and drove until about midnight Thursday. We weren't even out of Illinois at that time...got a hotel room and slept. Then drove straight through on Friday.l It was a very long ride!!! These Texans drive like crazy people!!!
Hope Crystal saw me wave when I saw the first sign for Terrel (That sounds familiar...is that the town you said you live in??) Spryng and Ricci I waved to you in Missouri (figured you could see me in KS Spryng ). OK, better run... just wanted to say hi. Think we're hanging around here today and heading for the Alamo tomorrow!!

See ya and miss you all.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:02 PM   #9  

I have been going non stop this morning too. I decided I would go to church today, haven't been in so long. My kids are so hard to control there... but I'm going to give it a try! It's at 1:30 pm so I went out and cleaned out my van, I'll have to take it down to vacuum it out after the meeting. I tried with my little hand held vac and it wasn't helping much, lol. Do you all let your kids eat in your vehicles?? I do but I think I'm about to put a stop to it. I found mashed french fries and chicken nuggets and things I couldn't even identify in the seats and under them and smashed in the crevices! Ewww! I don't want a mess like that again. So I think I will not allow food in the van anymore. I want it to look half way decent for awhile longer, lol. We've only had it 7 months.
But anyway, I'm about to jump in the shower, then all kids in the bath, lunch and then we are out of here until after 3:30 pm.... so I guess I have something besides housework to do after all! Oh and I bought a vacuum cleaners yard selling yesterday so I cleaned up the living room and vacuumed it and it works great!

Geri! I was waving too! LOL! What did you take for the kids to do all day in the car? We are suppose to go down to oklahoma this month to visit my aunt and uncle (it's about 3 hours) and I'm dreading the car ride. But my kids do really well in a vehicle too, lol, I'm the complainer!

Leigh, it was on my local fox station, I don't get FNC. Sounds like you are getting alot done today! I think I will take your advice and merge cleaning plans into one that really works for me.

Mel, what are you up to today?

Ok, I won't be back on until later so TTYL! Have a great afternoon!
Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #10  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default afternoon chicks!

here's a couple of other site that are pretty cool too!

www.getorganizednow.com

www.shesintouch.com

I got my plan typed up, but need printer paper to finish the job. Thanks Leigh, for the motivation.

Today I am back on plan, including exercise...I am opening the 6 month old Weight Training video! I think I will start there add some walking as I can, then add my FIRM Fanny lifter workouts a little later on. THEY ARE SO HARD!! But so awesome. Anyone have them?

I am getting rid of as much sugar/bad carbs as possible, but keeping the whole grains. So is that along the lines of the core plan? I am not sure about one serving of pasta or potatoes a day, I will have to see how that goes with 7 kids and a budget, those things can make up alot of meals here. But hey, anything is better than what I have been doing lately, right???

Spryng...Glad you had a great Saturday. How awesome it would be if DH were home on a regular schedule!! I give you praises for doing so well on your own for so much of the time, I don't know if I could do it.

Leigh...Today is my day for the dailies, grocery planning and meal planning. Since I usually have so much going on at church on Sundays, that's what I put on my schedule. Glad you list is working well. Sometimes I even do a TADA list rather than a todo list just to show everything I actually do. That's if I am not particularly motivated, it seems to help.

Mel...Hope TOM is nice to you.

Geri...we miss you, stay safe traveling!

Ricci...I agree on the Clinton coverage. Big Deal!

Penny...Sorry for the sick kiddo...I feel for you!! Praying for ya!

Going to go run some errands this afternoon, so need to get a move on!

Love ya!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 01:03 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys sorry I was MIA yesterday, it was a weird day and I was kind of down and didn't want to bring it to the rest of you. Anyway I can't get personal just yet cause we are supposed to be heading up to the lake for the day (and dh is riding my butt to get going LOL) but I have a quick question. For those of you that breastfed your babies when they are all weaned how do you lose your milk? I tried just not pumping yesterday or nursing at all yesterday and I woke up in so much pain that I just pumped so that I could enjoy my day. How is the milk supposed to go away? Is it supposed to be painful? I'm not asking for medical advice Just experience stories, don't want to get anyone in trouble. I would appreciate some input if you have any! Hope you guys have a good day and I will be back later tonight to post to all of you! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 01:52 PM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Afternoon, Ladies Well, I'm just about done with the de-cluttering of the table. I had to take a break and play with Liam for a while. He hates when I do anything that isn't directly related to him LOL. Now, I know there will be days I feel like doing less, and won't get everything on my list done, but so far I really like this system.

Hi, Geri! Glad you can check in now and then. Hope you have an awesome time at the beach and the Alamo too. The Alamo is interesting - the part that remains is a lot smaller than I'd always envisioned it. I imagined it to be huge. Of course, this is only what still remains.

Spryng- how was church? How did the kids do? Now, this wouldn't be the same church you and DH were married in, right?

Cindi- Like the idea of a tada list on being so motivated and back OP today!

Jill- sorry you had a bad day yesterday I did not breast feed, so can't help you there, but I know someone will . . .

TTYL
Old 09-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Afternoon Ladies......

Ok Jill,
Saggy boobs here to help you With Hunter I didn't know any better and wrapped them up and got a terrible infection. But this time around, I weaned Andrew down to like twice a day then once a day and then I hand expressed a little bit every time I hurt to relieve the pain. I just never pumped it all out just a little bit. That is the key to milk reduction. Mine took a week or two to dry up completely. HTH Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday Hope today is better for you!

Spryng,
My kids eat in the van also only to keep them quiet...lol Hope you have a great day with the kids at church. Let us know how well behaved they are..

Leigh,
OK I think I am the only one who hasn't seen dh on tv We don't get local channels here....grrr..... on directv. Glad your list is going well! Maybe tomorrow I will get things together again

Geri,
You were close to Louisiana! Texas is the bordering state! You should have waved to me! Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Mel,
I think I must have logged out right after you imed me I disconnected and when I got back on just now.. I saw the message Andrew is doing ok today. No vomitting but he is sleeping right now. Very congested and croup coughing How is Bugga sleeping lately? Hopefully better!

Cindi,
Congrats on getting back on track! Awesome! I don't have those tapes but it sounds like a good workout!

Not too much planned for today. Brought the boys over to a friends house and now we are back home. Andrew stayed with hubby b/c he wasn't feeling well. We were suppose to go back and get Hunter's friend to go see the Yugi-Oh movie but he just bailed on us. I haven't told Hunter yet... He will be upset... But we might go to Chuckie Cheese or something to make it up!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 09-05-2004, 06:00 PM   #14  

Hi girls

Jill I breastfeed both of my babies, they slowly weened themselves, I was lucky I guess. But I agree with Penny, when I would get engorged (sp?) I would try to release enough milk to be comfortable. I have also heard that putting a raw green cabbage leaf on your breast will take the swelling down. I know tons of people that say it works wonders. Even an ob nurse told me to do it when my milk came in, I was making too much milk. But I am not a doc. just advice hope it helps. Take care.

Spryng how was church? I hope the kids behaved. Mine probally would throw a fit the whole time. Today I was really thinking about going to church also. I always feel refreshed after leaving. I just have to say to myself make the time and do it. Like alot of things in life . What did decide to make for dinner?

Penny have fun at Chuckie cheese! I like their pizza. Well for that matter I love every kind of pizza on the planet .

Geri glad you made it safe to TX. Have fun!

Leigh glad you sister and mom are safe. Scary stuff down there. I have been watching for you hubby when I get time but have not seen him yet. I hope you and Liam are having a good weekend. Sounds like you are getting alot done.

Well time to get supper on....bacon cheeseburger with ALL the fixings !! Gotta run. Check back later. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Happy evening everyone Well, I accomplished many things today! Most important perhaps is that I de-cluttered our table AND figured out a possible org system that will keep it that way. And the best thing is that I can easily move it off the table for meals and such.

Penny- did you figure out evening plans for Hunter? Hope he was happy Also, I hope Andrew is feeling better. DH is on Fox News CHannel - the network like CNN - you probably do get him somewhere on your Direct TV in the upper numbered channels. Not sure how much news you watch, but it's the station Bill O'Reilly is on . . .

Okay, not sure how much more I'll get done tonight. I'm beat. But I did almost everything on my list anyway. And I want some reading time LOL.