Thread: Chit Chat #75
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 11:44 PM   #4
RosieKate

I'm back - have a little time before we all sit down to watch the Amazing Race. So I'm just twiddlling my thumbs.....

Marti - Yay about the new job! Hope your sister and brother are alright. I haven't tried to get hold of my cousin, I'm sure all the lines are knocked out. Sounded like they weren't evacuating, so I'm just hoping for the best. http://www.wftv.com this is website for a central Florida news station that is hurricane proof and is running 24hour streaming video weather coverage. I'm going to check it out after I leave here tonight.

Susan - Mmmm...margarita...mmmm I need one like no one's business - school really needs to start, know what I mean? PM me times that are good - would love to meet up.

Jana - hope you feel better soon. Believe me, if I could dump the meeting, I would. It's Orientation for the preschool and i have been informed that my presence is required with no early dismissals as i am a board member. I do plan on mentioning in my feedback that orientations on Saturday during soccer season are NOT a good idea. It's frustrating, when we were at this school before they had orientation during the week in the evening - wonder whose brainchild it was to change it - not someone with older children, I bet.

Well, after a few days of adjusting, the Core has been going pretty well. I am going to give it another week and make sure I use the activity and flex points. For me that will be the key to not feeling deprived of anything ( which I tend to do when I have a list of foods to choose from) The foods on Core are similar to what I ate on the Zone, so I tried to organize my meals in zone fashion. This week I mostly used the points on bagels, soy nut butter, Healthy Choice ice cream sandwiches, and I splurged on some Izzy's pizza today. I bought some Laughing Cow cheese which is not Core, but only 1 point for each wedge. It tastes a whole lot better than FF cheese....and I got used to skim milk - a miracle! I have to say I really like not worrying about portions for things like skim milk, fruits and veggies, FF popcorn - very liberating!

Just thought I'd post that feedback as I know some are thinking about Core. I still like flex, and will probably go back and forth depending on what's going on in my life.

Later, gals
Katy