South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 02:55 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Saturday morning greetings

Hello, I continue to be the insomniac queen! Argh. Happy to have the long weekend off!!! Thank goodness. Oh, I have "prostituted" myself to work for four hours tomorrow night as the House Supervisor....for triple time. Where's my life going? I'm a scale ho and a ho for triple time.

Hope you all have great plans for the weekend. Please all of you do something for yourselves!

Be OP today, one hour at a time! You will win!

Well, I think that sleep will come to me soon. I challenge everyone to stop what they are doing right NOW and do 10 sit-ups!............................

There, now don't you feel better? Now go drink a huge drink of water.

Have a great day. Prayers are with you all. Wear you seatbelts!
Old 09-04-2004, 04:08 AM   #2  

Hi RNMOM!! I am insomniac also. It's 3 am here in Texas and I am still not sleepy. I did my 10 situps and had some water.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 09-04-2004, 06:47 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I should have joined you chickies at three when my neighbours' party broke up. They sure do have a good time! I should call them now and ask if they heard the noise around three! They are good folks so I won't complain - it is the long weekend,

My Girls just had a superb breakfast, if I do say so myself - raw chicken meat, mesclun salad and hard boiled egg. DogMum ran out of her home made dog food and had to do the gourmet thing for these spoiled princesses. Dinner for their Highnesses will be store-bought dog food. We are also out of milk for coffee so mine is black until our little store opens at 8.

Today I am making my first trip to Ottawa in a year to meet two friends for dim sum. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year but, aside from a trip there for a CAT scan for Harry, I've not been there since Sept 5, 2003. I hope I don't get lost! I have two sets of friends on duty here, Harry will be wearing his alarm thing, lunch is organized and I am going to try to relax and just enjoy myself. I would like to state right now that I am OFF program from now until 6 PM tonight!

Yesterday I finally got DSL to replace dial-up and am amazed at the difference. My sister will be pleased as she claims she talks to my voice mail more than to me!

Time to get cracking and decide what the heck to wear to The Big City today. It is definitely time for some new clothes! I also need to gather some tomatoes and corn for the city slickers.

What are your plans for this Labour Day weekend?
Old 09-04-2004, 07:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

RNMom and khanfv, you girls are CRAZY!
Enjoy your weekends!

Ruth, my house is really dirty. Just warning you.
Wear pants with elastic at the waist.

Well, not much to report here. Had a dreadful day with Dad yesterday, but that's enough about that.
I keep forgetting that the kids are going back to school on Tuesday. I'd better start getting them to bed early. My DD will sleep all day if she's not woken.
DAMN! I forgot to weigh this morning! Back later...

Love and hugs to all, and prayers for those who need them. I fell asleep while going through my prayer list last night, so some of you got 'em, and I'll do the rest today.

And prayers for the families of all the dear children (and adults) lost in Russia.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:39 AM   #5  

morninig chickies!!!
dim sum in ottawa with friends sounds heavenly!! hope you girls have a good time!!

ruth do me a favor and give ellis a big hug from me while you are there!! wear streatchy pants and enjoy your day!!

ellis your dad does sound like an amazing guy taking care of all of you like that, getting all the arangements made in advance, you can always have that memory that he loved you all so much!!

rnmom go for the triple time!!! thats not ho'in IMHO rhats just smart!! make some time just for you this weekend!!

kahnfv hi enjoy your weekend!!

for everyone else yet to post have a great weekend

as for me?? well i went to the fair and didn't do so hot food wise, but it was a fair so whadda you expect?? everything is fried and battered and or potato like so i ate. end of story. today is a new day and i am back op well except for the potential beer this weekend. the demo derby was great!! it was my first one and i had a nice time. the friends who invited us to go along had a car entered and it won 2nd place so we were all very happy. got home late and up early and i better now go get my but moving and get all our junk packed up for camping.

love hugs and prayers for all you amazing chicks!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 08:41 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. Had my interview this morning... I was in and out of there in 10 minutes. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. But they were willing to work my shifts around my daycare...they are only open for a few more months then they close for 3 then open again. Which I told them I would be more than willing to go full time anyway she told me that I sounded great and unless someone else was more flexible with the hours. She told me she would call me later today as she had several more interviews. I guess we will see how it works out. I am not going to think about it. Plus if she does call I forgot to ask what the pay was that will help determine if I even want it. Well gotta to go I need to try to do some house work which is really funny as there is two empty rooms in the downstairs level one with a wet floor and one with wet trim. Guess I only have to do laundry and dishes.

Ellis- sending my love to you.
Ruth- enjoy your day.
RN- If you are selling yourself I hope you are getting lots.
Well I am off before I start rambling again. Thanks for listening
Old 09-04-2004, 08:43 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Jodi. Hope you have a great day. Are you going to watch the race this week-end. Our boy needs to win or dh is going to start teasing me. I got money on that honey.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:17 AM   #8  

Whew.... another long week!

Ruth and Ellis Have a wonderful time today! You are in my thoughts Ellis.

RNMom I am taking your advice and am going to make it through today OP- one hour at a time. Sadly, it has been a few weeks since I have had a perfect, OP day.

Jodi Have a fun weekend- sounds like you have lots planned. We, on the other hand, are doing nothing. I am really looking forward to that.

LC Your new bedroom sounds wonderful. After we finish up some things in the living room, our bedroom is the next room we plan on attacking.

Barb Yippee for you! Breaking into a new weight "decade" is awesome! Exercise is definitely on my agenda for this weekend- my butt feels like it has widened considerably since going back to school.

Me- Glad it is the weekend, and a long one at that. DH is off all weekend as well, which is awesome, b/c he has been working an absolute ton. I plan on doing some cooking, which I have been lax on- going to try some new recipes. Not much else planned.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:03 AM   #9  

Hi, everyone!

Ruth - congratulations on getting DSL! I love my cable internet. I really needed it for work but it did allow us to drop our second phone line.

Kiko - I just got back from a 90 minute walk with Brian. Well, he rode his scooter and I tried to keep up. It was so nice this morning. Did you get your daughter out in her stroller? I was even down another half pound this morning to 169 so I think I'll be staying in the 160's. This feels so good!

I have lots of little errands to run this weekend and I need to get laundry started. I'll check back in later. I need to hit the shower after that walk.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:03 PM   #10  

Barb- DH and DD are actually out and about, so I just went for a walk BY MYSELF! It was pretty toasty out there by the time I finished, but it felt great. Look out 150's- here you come!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:44 PM   #11  
yaya9577

Hello all!

Jodi--I ,too, went off yesterday. I did so well all day and then had a few rum and Diet Cokes and then DH and I polished off a bag of popcorn. UGH!!! I knew this weekend would be tough. My parents are having an early birthday cookout for my hubby (his b-day is the 9th), so there will be potato salad, my mom's wonderfully fantastic macaroni salad, black bean salad (which is OP), burgers and brats. I made a German chocolate cake yesterday, the first I ever made from scratch. I am goin to REALLY try to stay OP, but I may allow myself a tiny piece of cake to see how I did. Sweets arent's my downfall, so I can handle that.

Everyone have a lovely day and enjoy your long weekend!!
Old 09-04-2004, 06:36 PM   #12  

I stopped at Target on the way to the gym to pick up a belt that I wouldn't have to poke extra holes in and decided to try on some pants while I was there. I can wear a 14 now! I can't believe I've gone down 3 sizes! I only bought one pair since I didn't want to spend too much money. I can't wait to see if anyone notices at work.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:49 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hello! Just popping in before grocery shopping (wahoo!!!!!)

In case anyone noticed the sudden drop in weight on my signature and didn't see my post in my "Under the Weather" thread, doctor's office scale says 133, so I'm sticking with that and buying a new scale! Does that mean I already accomplished my September goal ?

Hope you all have a fabulous evening. I'll try to pop on later! HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND!
Old 09-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #14  

Looks like everyone is having a busy weekend. I went shopping with my sister this morning. Lots of sales today and I bought a few things. All a size smaller. This afternoon my husband and I went to a few thrift stores. Everyone was having a half-off sale. I found an aerobic step, that looks new, for $10.00.

Ruth-it took me a minute to realize "your girl's breakfast" was for puppy dogs (lack of sleep)

Ellis-my DS sleeps all day also, he's 15. I think he only wakes up because his bladder is about to explode.

Little Chick- will you come over and do my laundry?? No, wait maybe I need to ask Barbara she lives closer. Oh well, I thought it was worth a shot.

Jodi- hope you had loads of fun at the fair!

Barbara and Weezle-congratulations on the smaller clothes and weight loss!
Closed Thread