Old 09-01-2004, 04:09 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #19 SEPT 04

Welcome to the September edition of the Weighty Issues Thread.

We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:10 PM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am here!!!! I totally didnt register that it was time for a new thread.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:15 PM   #3  

I missed it too.

Noelle you will love this. I know that you are a game junky too.
http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf

I have been keeping myself busy today. I am trying to clean out my office. It is one big job. I think I might just leave it for the next person.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:18 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

Can you believe it's September 1st???? Before you know it'll be cold and rainy or snowy and the slew of weight-gaining holidays will be upon us. We need a defense plan starting now. I figured it was the first of the month and that's always a good time to start trying to lose weight, again. I will be on vacation in just about a month--and meeting Cal in person, I would at least like to be a little more presentable for that occasion. I haven't had anything to eat yet and it's already 10 a.m., so I'm not starting off my Sept. on a very good note, but at least I didn't eat any cr@p yet.

Kempy, glad you got that matter off your hands. I bet you feel good huh? Thinking about leaving a job you've had for a while is a little scary but I bet the new salon job will be a lot more satisfying for you. I had to laugh when I read about how Echo walks on the new flooring. Then I had to shake off the heebie-jeebies when I opened my email about the new mens swimsuits *shudder*. Thanks a lot! That may just be why I haven't eaten anything yet

Angie, how cold(?) does it get at night if you're enjoying 70 degrees during the day? I always trip out over the varying temperature drops on the mainland. I imagine Wisconsin would have some of the same drastic changes.
We had beautiful skies yesterday, so sunny and the clouds were all wispy and windswept, although there wasn't much of a breeze so it was HOT. Beats humidity and rain though.

Julie, if I posted what I ate here yesterday, it would be bad bad bad. I had fried chicken for lunch and dinner, w/macaroni salad. *blech* SO today I am trying again to make better choices. I have had water so far today .

Hello to Summer, Cal and Holly, gotta run for now, be back later.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:20 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

OK Kempy, I suck at that game. Gotta go back and keep trying
Old 09-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #6  

I know I suck too, that is what made it fun. I couldn't stop. I did make it to about 350 though.

I think I might try to run out of here today early. I mean what is he going to do, fire me.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:34 PM   #7  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, My aunts and uncles come over about once a year for the big July birthday party and honestly that is about the only time I see them. Jays side of the family we never see. I hate all of his brothers and their wives so we dont even talk to them.

Noelle, I want to get healthy again too but I have not been good today.

Kempy, When is your last day at your job anyways?
Old 09-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Julie, I live on an island, a small island and none of my immediate family has moved away (to another island or state for that matter). We still live with my parents so I see them everyday. I see my sisters (I have 6) at least once a week and we all usually get together on Sunday's for the damn fattening BBQ, which has actually been more of a poker night for the guys. I, like Angie, can not stand my in-laws on my husband's side. I intensely dislike some of my sisters' husbands, but tolerate them for the sake of my sisters . My in-laws are basically lowlifes, not working, drug abusing losers who want everything handed to them without doing squat for it. I try to stay as far away as possible from them and try to keep my son away from them too. It may sound terrible but it's true. Geesh, I didn't realize I had so much "hate" for those people. It's no wonder I'm so anti-social.

I have relatives on my mom's side that live nearby although we only see them occasionally for birthday parties and stuff. It's not like we go out of our way to hang out with each other just for the heck of it. All my dad's relatives live far away so we're usually happy to see them when they do come. My family sucks in that each family thinks they're better than the rest of them--when in reality, we're all basically the same, dysfunctional

Are you sorry you asked?
Old 09-01-2004, 04:56 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Julie, what kind of harrassment and from who? I hate freaky people who give me the creeps. Take care girl.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:02 PM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yeah Julie what is going on.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:24 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

I am so hungry right now. I'm heading out to Subway for lunch. WWJE? What would Jared eat?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:48 PM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

My supper tonight will be crispy chciken(chicken rolled in egg and WOW chip),baked potato and cream corn. YUM!! I cant wait.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:09 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

Lunch: Subway 6" Ham and Turkey on roasted garlic bread, mustard, all the veggies except for bell peppers (yuck), oil (oops) and vinegar, salt and pepper. 1 1-1/8oz of Baked BBQ Lays and a diet pepsi. *burp* excuse me.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:01 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Default just passing the time

just tried to play that copter game again, farthest I got was 494. It's so annoying yet so addicting . Anyone ever heard of fling the cow? it used to be on flingthecow.com but the website is not up anymore , that was hilarious.

How's everyone's evening going?

We picked up another company van in the hopes that yet another new hire (a 3rd plumber) will turn out to be a good thing. I was at the Ford dealer checking out the new Explorers. Kempy, you have one of those don't you? How is it on gas mileage? I am seriously thinking of selling my little ole' Focus wagon and picking up something a little bit bigger and better. I am considering the Explorer or maybe a Toyota Highlander (which is really just a little bit bigger version of what I have now ). I like the Toyota's fuel efficiency and I seriously want something with a smoother ride than what I have now. Hmmm, maybe I can convince Rick that I need a Volvo or a Mercedes? The bosses wife can dream can't she?
Old 09-01-2004, 11:55 PM   #15  

Good Evening Everyone,

Progress Reports go out tomorrow and so I have been so busy and tired. The heat is back; 111 yesterday and about the same today. My sister in Southern Calif said it got to 107 today. I guess summer is going to hang on a bit longer.

I read the posts about families. I am the oldest of 6 (4 girls and 2 boys). I have one sis in CA who teaches high school math and one sis in TX who is a registered nurse. Everyone else lives here in AZ (2 bros and 1 sis). I see my one sis and one of my bros once a week or so. I talk to my bro nearly every day on my way to work--he's such a pest. I also talk to my sis in CA-we do have a lot in common. She just went back to school this week and she's already complaining that she's so tired. Both of my parents are deceased. I get along pretty well with all inlaws. Hubbie's family is still in Italy and we see them about every other year. When we go over there we are usually there from 2-4 weeks. I think I get along so well with his family because none of them speak English and my Italian is very limited.

Angie: I would love it if it was 70 here. Of course, it will be when you are digging yourself out of several feet of snow.

Kempy: I'm so excited for you. You've worked so hard going to school and now about to venture off into something you've worked so hard for. Good luck!!

Julie: I know what it's like to send your little one off to school. You want them to grow up, but at the same time all the memories of those early years come into play and you wonder where all the time went. I sometimes ask myself as I watch Ashley ride her bike off to her friend's house, "Wasn't it just yesterday that she was a baby?" I do love doing things with her now. Her father is already getting nervous about her growing up. All these times will be so much fun to look back on.

Noelle: I can't wait until the first of October. There are 3 reasons: Hubbie will be home on Sept 22; school's out for fall break starting October 2; and I will get to meet you. It will be so much fun. I know what you mean about wanting to look your best; I feel that way too, but I know that we will be like sisters seeing each other for the first time in years. I'm so looking forward to it.

Have a great evening everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote