Old 08-31-2004, 07:06 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #232 Wednesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:18 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning Ladies

QOTD: DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE LOST YOUR CREDIBILITY OR ACCOUNTABILITY FOR BEING 1/2 THE DECISION MAKER IN YOUR HOME BECAUSE YOU ARE A STAY AT HOME MOM?

Answer: YES!!! At least I can say that I go through my spells where sometimes I do feel this way and other times I don't or at least it doesn't get to me like it does at the other times. I wonder sometimes if I still had a job in which I brought home a paycheck, would my decision matter any more than it seems to now?

Spryng, congrats on the good news. What does that mean exactly? What is it that you do or are required to do?

Geri, wtg on the loss. You have been doing well. It seems as though you lose consistently but slow, which is the best way to do it.

Hello Ginny, long time no see your name!!! Glad you're doing well.

Jaymi, I am so proud of you for doing so well yesterday. Let that help motivate you for today and tomorrow and the next day and so on.

Melinda, glad everyone is safe from the storm.

Hello to Jill, Leigh, Cindi, Ricci, Mel, Michelle, Angel, Deana, Cheri and everyone else out there. Hope you had a great night and continue on to have a great day.

I went grocery shopping last night so I don't have to get out. Glad about that. I slept okay, but Ally woke up twice, that's weird, and when Andrew woke up he was sort of out of it and didn't know what he wanted. They all finally went back to sleep but I think that constitutes for me having a nap today, huh???
My mil and her family got me all riled up about Florida again. They had a new idea that they thought dh would be impressed with and he might. But he wasn't in that mood that he needs to be in for me to discuss it with him. But, I thought about it last night, and I'm not going to bother with saying anything to him. He has his own ideas and even if they don't pan out, he'll have some other ideas, whether he discusses them with me or not, and we always tend to go towards his plan. So I'll just tag along and work on my coffee house idea. Do you like the name, "The Little Coffee House" or "Shop"? Not sure which one sounds better.
Okay, gotta prepare school. Next week after labor day, Alisa will be starting her reading book. Her real very real reading book. I'm so excited about that. It overwhelms her though.
Okay, TTYL
Old 08-31-2004, 07:21 AM   #3  
burned out bus driver

'Morning~
thanks Deana for the heads up on the stretchie. I will be at my favorite hang out today (Walmart) and check it out. I already have a bunch of Leslie tapes, just looking for something different. And thanks for the welcome.
Spryng- congrats on being a moderator. (did you inquire about it, or did they nominate you?)
Sorry for being short-lots to do today before the kids get up. See ya later.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:35 AM   #4  

Deana, All Bugga's teeth are in and we are trying to figure out what wakes him, but I think he's either hungry when he doesn't eat enough, thirst, which he tells me, and or he just wants me. Thanks for the suggestion though. I wish I knew.

Spryng, Congrats on becoming the moderater on the Core Board! Yeah!!! You'll be great at it.

Julie I hope you have a better day.

Jaymi great job staying on plan and getting in your exercise in.

Geri Weigh to go on being down the 1.5 You're doing GREAT!!!!

Michelle, MY god what is happening there? was there a gas leak or something at the bowling alley. You know I would feel like I had to walk around with a helmet or something. Poor little doggie at the house with the plane crash. That whole thing is terrible!

Crystal. I like the "the little coffee house" better than shop. What about the coffee cottage?

QOTD: I never feel like I've lost credibility or accountablity. I feel like I;ve gained it. I feel that making decisions together takes away the impulsive decision that people sometimes make. My Dh and I are a team all the way. We support each other and stand by each other. when we make a mistake, we make it together, when we make great decisions, we HIGH FIVE and say good job we did it.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:49 AM   #5  
2BoysMom

Good morning!

Made it down here for a minute with Tony so I'll post.

Crystal...your thread title says it's Wednesday....you're confusing me!

QOTD: NO! We too discuss and make the decisions together. I wouldn't have it any other way . We rarely fight...have never had a major argument in our 6 yrs together... we think alot alike so that helps. Hope it stays that way .

Nothing new to report since last night. Just thought I would say hi. Going to check my email, then get back upstairs before Will gets up.

Mel, does that mean you were up again last night? If so, did you let him cry it out again? That may be the only solution . Hugs to you!!

I'll check back in tonight. Everyone have a wonderful day...drink your water...get your exercise in...etc!! I did the 3 mi WATP.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:55 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Geri, I don't know why I put in Wednesday. Who knows? At the time I hadn't had any coffee!!!

Mel, Andrew is 21 months and still gets up. Ally got up once a night until she was over 2 years. I know how you feel but I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

Glad the two of you have = partner relationships. Dh and I hadn't been together long before we got married and we were both teenagers. That's our excuse. We don't think alike. Dh doesn't respect other peoples opinions and such. Poor thing, he thinks it's enough to ask what I think, but in the end, what I think never plays a part. But that way, I can't say he didn't ask my opinion. He told me the other night that if I didn't want to build the house, just say it and we would scratch it. But that would be like wadding up his dream and throwing it in the trash, so I couldn't actually say those words. I said things like, I don't think we should, I think it's a mistake, we can't afford it and so on. At the end of the conversation, the plan was still on to build. So what I said didn't really matter, but he feels better for asking me I guess.
Anyways, gotta go do breakfast.
TTYL
Old 08-31-2004, 08:57 AM   #7  

Geri, Thanks for asking aboug Bugga. Actually last night was good. I heard him at 1030 and peeked in, he was drinking the cup that was in his room. He went back to sleep and didn't wake till 6, so that wasn't too bad. Also, my dh and I sound like you and you dh. We've been married 5 years with little heated discussions and no majoy arguments. We really are a team. I can't see it being any other way.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:00 AM   #8  

I guess you gals got the impression he was up last night, because of my response to Deana. But just so you know when he does get up, it's not once or even twice it's every hour or sometimes twice an hour for 5-6 hours or so. BUt we have to remember too. BUgga has lots of small issues due to his prematurity. We are still working out all the quirks.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:30 AM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Morning! The new furniture arrives today between 12 and 2 Then, I'm not exactly sure how, but I'll attempt to clean out and organize/decorate over the next 2 weeks.

Spryng- I recall you posting about being Core moderator, but I think I forgot to give you a big ! That's great and well-deserved

Melinda- glad everyone there is okay! It's a busy storm season.

Deana- can't wait for your WI. It's great that you got your workout in!

Julie- sorry DH has made you sad Maybe you can prsent him wiith some sort of plan or list of why one school is better than the other?

Penny- I did take some pics, but haven't downloaded them yet LOL. I am completely unpacked and did 9 trillion loads of wash yesterday What do you have planned today?

Jaymi- you're doing great!

Geri- on the loss!!!! I'm so happy to be back The car won't be finished until next week most likely. And yes, the trucker took full responsibility and was the one the police cited for the accident. I think we might have the car shipped back to us. I love your reasons for getting a laptop/wireless- I got mine last xmas and love it. Sorry you had a bad dream- sounds like an anxiety dream, but is yucky!

Jill- hope you had a great night!

Kristin- sorry DH will be gone so long. How late is TOM? Maybe it's too early for the test to be positive? If you are oregnant, that would be exciting!!!

Crystal- when you used to work did you feel like you had more say in decisions in your marriage/family? I like the Little Coffee House better because it makes me think of coming into somkeone's home and sitting a while - shop makes me think more of quickly getting in and out . . .

Hi, Ginny

Mel- sorry you are having such a sleep struggle. Have you talked to the pediatrician about it?

QOTD: No, DH and I make joint decisions. In fact, he always says he knows my job is much harder than his.

Well, DH is out of town this week- working in Miami all week. I need to come up with a grocery list and get some food in the house today.

I've been thinking a lot about my goal weight lately. I keep wondering if 145 would be a more reasonable weight for me to maintain. I know I'm months away from that, though . . . so maybe when I get there I'll think about it then
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!

Sorry I did not get back online last night. I guess that exercise caught up with me, I was so tired! The kids went to bed early, 8:30 and I finished up a couple odds and ends and then crashed myself. I needed it I guess... I feel much better today.
So the agenda today is to finish up my housework... go rent a couple movies, go to the grocery store and buy some more fruit and milk, and that is about it. Big Brother is on tonight so I will be watching that.

QOTD--- no I always feel valued in our marriage. Ultimately I let DH make the final descision but he never does it without consulting me and getting my views or ideas, etc, FIRST. We are a equal partnership, as all marriages should be and I'm sorry to say you shouldn't "settle" for anything less. If someone makes you feel bad or unworthy because you are a SAHM or a wife, etc... then that needs to be fixed. That is not how marriage is suppose to work. OK, I'll get off my soap box now, lol.

ok, let me catch up with everyone:

Crystal, I honestly don't know how you deal with that. Someday all that sitting back quietly and letting him run things will eat at you until it explodes. You have a right to share your thoughts and to be a joint desicion maker in that house... but I know it's your marriage and it must work for you. So I'll leave it alone, lol. As far as being a moderator, doesn't really mean alot. I mean I get to control what goes on at the Core boards... make sure no one is using spam or being hateful or vulgar, just make sure it runs smoothly and all that. I like Little Coffee House or little house of coffee!, lol.. made me think about that movie, little shop of horrors, lol.

Geri, you and your dh sound like us. People don't understand why we don't fight, lol. I mean is that a requirement of marriage? Everyone said we needed to have one huge fight before we got married to see how we could handle it, lol... don't think so. We've only had a couple big fights since getting married and now what we consider a fight most people would laugh about, lol. But I like it that way. My dh is an old fashioned thinker at times, he will not let the sun go down if one of us is angry or upset until it is resolved and everyone feels better. I used to hate that so bad! But now I appreciate it... it really does make our marriage stronger. What do you have planned for today? How is the trip packing coming? storm still putting a damper on it? CONGRATS on the #'s down!!! I knew you'd head back in the right direction!!

Mel, I agree... it's time to let him cry it out every night. I promise it won't take a week (usually no more than 3 days) for him to understand. You don't have to make it long... start at 10 min.. go in there and tell him it's not time to get up and lay him back down and leave for 10 min, then go back in there if he is still wailing and pat him on the back, lay him back down and tell him again it's time to sleep and leave again... you can increase the time each time you go in there or leave it at 10 min, but don't pick him up or anything or he'll know that if he just holds out a little longer mommy will give in, lol. They are smarter than we think at times. But it WILL work and you'll be thankful for some sleep back.

Ginny, no I asked to become a moderator. I saw the new board and I knew i would be there often and wanted to moderate it. It already had two moderators so they really didn't need a third but since I asked they asked other moderators and everyone (people I don't even know!) put in such nice words about me that Suzanne reconsidered and approved me! I was so touched by it all when I read what they had said! Are you still getting in your walks each day?

Kristin, you should be proud of yourself for maintaining! Are you off plan because you feel bad lately? Get to the doctor ASAP!!! Are you having in abdominal pain?? Doesn't sound right, so make an appointment and get in there! How late is TOM? 3 week stretched being away from dh is hard... we are having to do it right now, he's normally home every 2 weeks but since labor day is coming up and that was his weekend to come home it was already full so he had to stay out another week. So he won't be home until sept 9th... ugh. But you will be fine. I mean you'll miss him but just plan some things to do while he is gone and it will pass by fast. Do you find it easier to stay OP when he is gone (I know I i DO!) then throw yourself into your program during that time. Get a hobby or just plan some stuff you love but your dh doesn't so he doesn't have to be there to deal with it, lol. And yes, download yahoo messenger and feel free to chat me up anytime you see me online, ok?

Jill, so glad you got to go on that date!! So sweet! Sorry about the game being rented out... it's popular! LOL... hope you can fine one to rent soon.

Jaymi, congrats on such a great OP day yesterday!! I know you can do this!!!

Penny, hey girl! Where did you go last night? Just dissapeared into thin air, lol.

Julie, you did ok on Core last night if you counted pts for that slice of pizza, but the potatoe was core. Remember you have 35 weekly pts to use on core for pizza or whatever you want, ok?

Deana I love your weight loss and age outlook! LOL.. he can get older and you can get thinner! I think 100 lbs in a year is totally doable! There is a 100+ boards on weightwatchers.com and there are alot of people who have got off 100 lbs or more.. and some still working on it and doing great, real motivation there.

Leigh, have you been keeping up with the lacey peterson trial? I hope they hurry up and find him guilty! I read some of the coverage on the trial and either he is guilty as SIN or someone is doing a great job at framing him. What do you think?

Melinda, glad you are safe!

Ok, I need to get off here. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Mel, you snuck in on me, lol... jus scratch everything I said about bugga to you, ok? lol.. I thought otherwise too, lol.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:46 AM   #12  

Spryng, LOL that's ok, I always appreciate advise. If he was crying and I went in an retucked him in. I might let him cry a while like the other night. ...out of desperation and only because he gets up sooooo much through the night, not just once or twice. When he gets up just once or twice, I give him milk and he falls to sleep instantly. I have to make an appointment with the neurological development lady for premies and see what she says. We've been playing phone tag. Sleep issue are not uncommon among premies, but there is usually a reason. I'm not convinced he has a reason...lol.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:07 AM   #13  
SAHM of 3

Okay girls. I didn't mean to really come across as though I was whining or anything. It really was just a QOTD. I mean dh asks my opinions, but in the end it's what he says and I feel that my suggestion made NO difference at all. Kind of like thin air. I don't feel comfortable enough to OFFER my opinion, I wait until it's asked for.
Because I'm thinking that if dh's plan doesn't work, ie: the house plan, the business plan, etc., then why not try Florida. We will have NOTHING to lose and I mean NOTHING. We own 2 acres of land here free and clear, we can ALWAYS come back and build if things don't work out, but we won't know if we don't try. But I don't feel like I can offer that idea unless he asks, which he won't get that involved I don't think.
Spryng, I don't know if I felt like I had more of a say so when I worked. That seems so long ago. I think things have always been this way, he asks just to know he asked but in the long run it really never mattered.
I see it as though we are soooo different and want different things, but it's not worth losing my marriage over. I feel that he as the man of the house has the final say, so when he says, then that's how it is. Technically and biblically that's how it's suppose to be.
We'll see, every once in a while dh is in those really good moods and I feel like I can things that otherwise I may not say, but that doesn't happen too often.
Okay, gotta dry my hair and get dressed.
TTYL
Old 08-31-2004, 10:26 AM   #14  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! I'm just popping in for a second! Not supposed to be on here.. but decided to sneak for a minute! Thanks everyone for your support! Boy, I have to get on Spryng's nerves right now for asking so many questions! But being new to things... seems to bring up more and more questions! I think I've got a handle on it now. Anyways:

Mel~ I wish I could tell ya what to do about Bugga. My daughter still wakes up.. I think she just doesnt like to sleep! She sleeps in her toddler bed next to ours.. so when she wakes up... she just climbs in our bed. I have like 6 pillows right next to it because she sleeps so bad, she falls out! But she just lands on the pillows. ( it is kind of funny!) I would say that nothing is probably hurting him, he just doesnt like to sleep, or he could have bad dreams... (my daughter has them), Or he just wakes up and misses you!

Crystal~ My hubby just asks questions to see what I say.. he makes a joke that everything he asks, I always have the opposite of what he would answer. So now, he just asks to prove his point... Why?!? Who knows.. He does what he wants to anyways also!

Geri- You really have a blessed marriage! That is awesome. I WISH I could say me and my dh never had fights... but I'm not sure that's even possible since I seem to fight with myself sometimes!

Leigh~ You can do 140... don't think about that right now. Just get there first. You might be surprised like Spryng, and lose more than your goal! I do that too, go up on my goal weight... But I know that I'm just being silly! You'll get there.. you'll see!

Spryng~Congrats on being the moderator! I decided to start posting there when I read that! Hey, but don't be scared! I won't be harrassing you with more questions! Ha, ha

Well so far I'm doing great. I couldn't believe it, but I forced myself to exercise at 7 p.m. I'm soo glad I did though! I might have to keep doing that as long as my daughter keeps waking up so early and not napping! Well anyways, I probably missed someone from yesterday, but forgive me. I haven't even read those yet! I hope everyone is having a great day!

Oh, and Crystal, since you usually start the thread over, can you change the part where it says counting calories.. etc. To The Core Diet. Well anyways I hope everyone is having an awesome day!

P.S. Here are some funny and informative articles I was sent today.

http://www.dietpower.com/foodmyths.htm

http://www.dietpower.com/lose10pounds.htm

http://www.dietpower.com/phweb0702.htm#Waterlogging
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:42 AM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Hi again

Spryng- oh, I've definitely been keeping up with the Scott Peterson trial. I hope they do find him guilty because I'm certain he did it. DO you like grocery shopping? I used to not mind it so much before Liam was born. Now it's harder . . . I have enough groceries for today, so food shopping will be tomorrow.

Mel- I didn't know that about preemies having sleep problems. But now I'm curious- why?

Crystal- do you have any big plans for the day?

Jaymi- thanks for the supportive words on my goal weight I guess I'll just wait and see! You're doing an awesome job! Keep up the good work . . .

Nothing to report- just checking in. TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote