Old 08-29-2004, 03:03 AM   #1  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Default SAHM's #230 SUNDAY

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 03:13 AM   #2  
Curves 6-week solution

Well it's officially Sunday even if I haven't gone to bed yet! LOL I had a diet Pepsi with dinner tonight so I am still up. I burned a few CD's tonight (last night?) and chatted with Ricci so that was fun. Where was everyone? We need to have a group chat soon, it's been awhile.

Well I guess I will start the QOTD. I have found that this question has some interesting answers most of the time, so here goes.......................................

What is your biggest pet peeve? Or if your like me what are your top 3 pet peeves LOL!!

My first one is when people lie to me. I HATE that! I really don't like it when it is an obvious lie. I mean if you are going to lie to me at least make it good, you know?

My second is when I am driving and someone in front of me needs to make a right hand turn and they slow waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down before the turn and don't get off the road fast enough (ok so I am impatient) it just really bugs me!

And third is when people have some sort of problem whether it be relationship, weight, some sort of stress or whatever and whine and whine to me but don't do anything about it. I mean it's one thing if you don't know what to do about it and are asking for suggestions but it's another when you know what you need to do and you just keep talking about it instead of doing anything.

Ok so those are mine. What are yours? Just curious. Hope you all had a good night and I will probable see you very late tomorrow morning! LOL TTYL
Old 08-29-2004, 08:11 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies!

OMG! I'm posting before Crystal??? What's up? Sleeping in?

Tony woke up early and everyone else is still sleeping so here I am.

Jill..so sorry you've been sooooo lonely! Chat isn't until 10:00 my time and I'm usually heading off to bed by then. I do agree we need another group chat...hopefully this week before we leave for vacation. Last night I took Will over to my gf house and we didn't get home until nearly 11:00. He was having so much fun with her kids that he didn't want to come home or go to bed once we were home . Dh and Tony stayed home.

QOTD...Right now it's kids that won't leave the keyboard alone while I try to type . Seriously though...it's those people without small children (DINKS) who think they're so much busier than the rest of us! They drive me INSANE!! You know..the ones who bring buns or something quick and store bought to a gathering when you make something homemade while your kids are screaming and pulling at your legs!

Plans for today...get a bike ride in for my exercise and start getting stuff together for the trip. Keep your fingers crossed...apparently there's another storm out there that they're tracking towards FL...Frances I think. I'm going over to the weather channel after this to see what's up. Other than that...just playing with the kiddies. Hope you all have a great day and I may get back here later on. Hi to all!!!

Hey, Leigh...are you back yet?? How was the rest of your trip?
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:21 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Fixing to start on the coffee. Jill, I'm wondering if you sleep at all, LOL!!! Why do you get so bored? Well, I know you only have one child, but does dh work all the time? Do you not have any family around you? I'm sorry you get so bored.

QOTD: I think we've had this question before, but let's see. I have a few for different situations. When driving, I hate when people don't use common courtesy. I could go into more detail, but I think you all know what I'm talking about. In life, I hate when people complain about stress and everyday life as if they are the only ones that have to live it. I mean, my friend takes zoloft and I guess for her okay, but good gosh, she has no more stresses than anyone else. Just handle it and deal with it like most others do, that's how I see it.

Well, dh and I watched 50 First Dates last night. It was really cute, but really sad. I cried and cried. I'm such a baby.
Nothing new really with the Florida thing. Dh's family is closing doors on the company they've had for 10 years and that's why they want to move to Florida and start something new. So dh may have to get a JOB, yuck. I looked on monster.com around dallas ft. worth and found nothing. I'm not kidding. He doesn't want to do journeyman stuff or electrical I mean. He has always said that if he has to have a M-F/ 8-5 job, he would want something in the construction feild where he is the project manager over an entire job. He doesn't want to wear tools and use his hands. He would really be great at this. He makes a great boss and organizes jobs well. I looked in dfw for something like that and NOTHING. not kidding, they either want a degree or traveling. I looked in several areas of Florida and they are all over the place. No degrees, no traveling making more money than he ever has and doing things he would want to do. I haven't been able to discuss this with him yet, but hopefully will get a chance later.

Mel, I have always, since I was a teenager wanted to get out of Texas. And I have nothing against Texas at all, I just know there is so much more out there. I mean like I've said before, I have had NO life experiences living here. Nothing to do in spare time or anything. And I think if I lived close to the beach, for instance, I could find out that one or all of my kids LOVE swimming or diving or snorkeling or skiing or surfing or all kinds of things. I just think other places could hold so much more open for my kids than here.
My parents are HUGE golfers and they will be retiring in about 4 or 5 years, if they come visit me and like it that much, you never know, they could move there. We'd be somewhat close to Orlando, you know what that means, LOL? I just think it could be great. Dallas holds NO possibilities for us and I really don't care for Dallas anyways.

Hello to Penny, Spryng, Michelle, Jaymi, Leigh, Deana, Angel, Cheri and anyone else I missed. I'll talk to ya later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:34 AM   #5  

MY PET PEEVE IS BUGGA GETTING UP ALLLL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally had to let him cry last night from 2-230. It broke my heart, but at that point he had been up from 1030 every half hour or so. It's horrible and this week I am so sleep deprived I'm starting to snap...I had tried even bringing him to my bed just to see what he would do, he was playing. So, I brought him back to his bed in his room and he cried till he fell asleep. I feel terrible!

Anyway, I have to get in some exercise!!!!!!!!!!! 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4, get off my butt 2 3 4 .......

Jill, hope you downloaded some good stuff.....

Geri, WOW you are up early.. I guess you'll have time to get more exercise in...lol
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

So sorry I didn't get back on here last night. I was so tired! I guess the 3 hours of driving wore me out. Weird how that happens since all you do is sit, huh? But anyway, I played games with the kids last night and then after I put them to bed I cleaned up my kitchen a little and I zonked out.

Today I plan on more housework... that is about it.

QOTD--- Jill you have mine!! LOL... I truly HATE when people complain about their weight as they are stuffing their face with candy or whatever. My MIL did it just the other day (again!) I went with her and SIL to the store and while there we ran into a woman she used to work with, the woman was on ww and had lost 125 lbs!!! Amazing! Well me and MIL were sitting in the van and MIL was eating burger king, a angus bacon burger and syper size fries, etc... and complaining to that woman that she wished she could get some weight off too, and that woman said, You can! She was very nice about it. I was irritated. My MIL is 350 lbs and it's affecting her HEALTH! She has to have oxygen to sleep at night because she has severe apnea... she used those motorized wheel chairs at the store because she can't walk... if she gets up she's out of breath and has to stop every few feet, etc. Why doesn't she think this is a priority??? her life really does depend on it. On top of that, with apnea you aren't suppost to take sleeping pills or drink alcohol, especially before bed and every night before bed she has 2-3 (if not more) glass, and not wine glasses, 16 oz glasses) of wine! or a mixed drink or two. I swear someday she just isn't going to wake up. Ok... enough about that....
my other pet peeve is trying to pass a slow poke on the highway and as soon as I get into an area that is clear and legal to pass they speed up! just to slow down again once I can't pass.... UGH!!!! (can you spell road rage?? S-P-R-Y-N-G !!! LOL
And last but not least--- people who are frivulous (sp?) with their money (ok talking about in-laws again) when they really can't be. My MIL and FIL delcared bancruptcy 7 years ago over a stupid business venture that went bad. Here they are 7 years later in the same spot and are going to have to declare it again at the end of this year (as soon as it's legal for them to do it again) over this dump truck business they can't run worth anything. But when they DO make money (and I'm talking thousands a week) do they try to catch up on bills or pay off old ones?? NO! They look into buying a travel trailor for camping! Which they don't even like to camp!!!! AHHHHHH! See, I would be much better off if they just didn't talk to me at all about money or what they do with it.

OK, sorry to go on and on... I guess that has been bothering me, lol. Thanks Jill for letting me vent through your QOTD!! LOL.

Crystal, I thought 50 first dates was really cute too! I cried at the end too, so it's not just your pregnancy hormones getting to you, lol. And I hope your dh is able to find some work he enjoys. I know it makes all the differenc with my dh, when he was managing a local fast food place he HATED and DREADED every single day of work. I mean it really got to him. But now he loves what he does (he hates being away from home and the kids and all that) but he loves to drive and be out and he looks forward to every state and every load... so he's always putting in 150% of his effort and it's paying off, he's getting raises faster than other drivers and getting special privledges and acknowlegements. So it makes him feel good.

Geri, we will definitely plan on a chat before you leave! And you better call me too before you leave, you really don't know how much I look forward to seeing your posts! So don't forget me!!!! I truly hope a storm doesn't hit FL again, I want you to have an amazing trip!!

Jill, what kind of cd's did you burn?? I've burned some off for my sims stuff... when I down load things I am putting it on disk so I never lose it again, lol. But that is all so far. I really want to burn some music ones but just haven't got around to it. What do you have planned for today??

OK, I need to get some breakfast. Think I'll have another smoothie. I'm becoming addicted to them! LOL.. they are so good and healthy and tasty! I really feel like I'm getting a shake!
TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #7  

Mel, don't feel bad! You aren't hurting him by letting him cry it out, and believe me it will only take 2-3 nights and he will stop crying at all, honestly!! All of my kids went through that (very early though, 5-8 weeks old) and that is how I have such great sleepers now. It really allows them to learn how to soothe themselves and not need you to do it. But sleep is a priority and you are doing the right thing. Just keep trying it and I swear Bugga will be sleeping like a charm in just a few days, I promise! Hope you got some exercise in, maybe it will give you some energy.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

good morning girls!!

Ok QOTD I have a few because I have a low tolerance for any type of ignorance lol
1. People who whine about anything and everything day in and day out and don't do anything about their "problems" I used to have a friend that did this, every day the same ol' BS and its maddening, truely it is lol
2. I have horrible road rage and I can't stand when people sit at a green light for a minute before they realize its changed, or driving in the fast lane at 30 mph.
3. The people in the grocery store who block the whole aisle with their cart and don't bother to move to the side so you can get around, I always remember to thank them for blocking the aisle when they do that.
4. People who think they are so much better, smarter, classier, etc...than anyone else when in all fact they are the worst kind of person IMHO.

Ok I could probably go on and on and thats probably why I don't like going out in public much LOL

Not much planned for today, its my WI day and I was at 210 so thats a loss of 3.2 lbs since 2 weeks ago Yayyyyy!! My bowflex is due to arrive on Tuesday and I just can't wait!

Mel don't feel bad for letting bugga cry it out, sometimes you just have to do it. We have to do it to Teagan at least once a week for her nap, she is so tired and you can see it but she just doesn't want to go to bed so she'll just cry herself to sleep, It broke my heart the first time as well but sometimes you just gotta do it.

Geri enjoy your bike ride!! How is work going? I miss ya!!

Ok girls I need to get some stuff done but I'll try and post later before I go to work.
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:51 AM   #9  

Michelle, WTG on the weight down!!!!!!!! your on !!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:08 AM   #10  
Curves 6-week solution

Hey girls, it's an early start for me! But not by choice. Bayley decided she wanted to get up this early which sucks since I stayed up so late! Anyway I just put her down again and will probably go back to bed myself if I can get back to sleep.

Great QOTD answers! I think you can learn a lot about a person by their pet peeves.

Crystal my dh at the coast with some buddies this weekend and my daughter goes to bed around 8 so that is why I was bored last night. Yes my parents live about 5 minutes away but we had dinner together last night and my mom goes to bed around 8 herself and all my friends, including my sister were out of town this weekend. So I was really bored and was hoping to chat last night to have something to do. Ricci and I chatted for awhile and it was fun.

Geri I heard about that hurricane heading for FL too! I really hope it turns away and doesn't hit FL again! Hope you get your bike ride in.

Mel I am so sorry about bugga! That really stinks. Bayley did it again the other night cause she has a head cold but before when she was doing it all night long I finally just let her cry it out (I had already done this when she was a lot younger) again and it seemed to work. Too bad you can't leave the house when they are crying! I know how on edge it can make you feel. Hope you get some exercise too!

Spryng you make me thankful for my crazy in laws!! That has got to be sooooo annoying to deal with. I truly am sorry! Anyway I burned a Tim McGraw CD and a Keith Urban one last night so I will be excited listen to them in the car later! Are we up for flylady a little later? I know you are probably cleaning right now but I think there is always something we can do, right?

Michelle great job on the loss!! That is so awesome, you are doing soooooooooooooo good! I loved you QOTD answers! HA HA sounds like me. I swear I have physical pain when I have to go out in public around Christmas time, I get so irritated at people that it makes me a diff person! I hate it! Anyway I hope you have a good day at work and can chat a little tonight or at least post some more! Hows the annoying lady at work doing?

Ok guys my mom is going to come over later and we are going to hit my garden hard! It's a mess and I would love to have a clean garden to start with next year instead of the incredible mess I had this year!! LOL Hope you all are having a good day!! TTYL
Old 08-29-2004, 01:23 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Girls...

Ok it is after 12 so I guess AFTERNOON Girls

LOL
I know the little things tickle me.....

Mel,
I am so sorry that Buggs is still not sleeping. What the heck is going on over there? Is he still in a crib or in a big bed? Has anything changed lately? I am so sorry! You must MUST get it together though! I don't wanna have to show you up on the Challenge! I am here for you!

Michelle,
You are working way too much girlie! You don't have time for me anymore.... sniff... sniff... Congrats on the great loss girl!!! Can we have a new pic? How are you feeling now? I know you gotta be feeling great about this huge loss you have gotten off! You are only 10 pounds away from the other side! So Awesome! I can't wait!!

Jill,
What did you burn? I need to pay you to burn me some songs My suburban has the cd player and the tape player so I really need to get some cds for ME to listen to......lol Are you gonna be around tonight to chat? I am gonna try to get the kiddos to bed and get on here for some Me time....lol Hope your garden comes out great today!!!! What's for supper?

Spryng,
So you had a good time last night! What did you end up with for supper? I bet those smoothies are good. Do you have a smoothie maker?

Geri,
I am so glad you had such a great time last night with your friend! Hope you get in your workout! You always do And I do hear that storm is getting pretty big out there! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Crystal,
Hope everything works out with dh and work. I know it is hard but it will all work itself out somehow

Ok My pet peeves......

I don't have any.....LOL Yeah Right!

I dislike it when someone lies to me or my children. I always try to tell my children the truth and my mil will tell them anything just so she can be the good guy.

I do not like it when people complain and complain about something but never take action. My bf is overweight and she will do the same thing as Spryng's mil about needing to lose weight while she puts me on hold to order McDonald's in the drive thru.

I am sure I have many more but I can't think of them right now...lol

I had a wonderful time at church today. I ended up with 5 children in my class but I am pretty sure I will get more in the next couple weeks. Everything went so well and I was so pleased

Anyhow, I am just spending some time with the family today and maybe get some groceries with my mom.

Have a great evening
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:33 PM   #12  

Hello again!

My day is going fine. Haven't done anything yet... lol. What is with me!!!? Maybe it's just one of those lazy weekends. I'm not too worried about it.
Lunch was leftover spaghtti bolognese and 1/2 an avocado, it was sooo good! Dinner tonight will be one dish rosemary chicken with white beans. I love that recipes. It's on the mom's losing weight site if anyone is interested and it's 100% core.

Penny, I ended up having BK for dinner last night before I came home. I had a jr. whopper and 1/2 an order of fries... it's was 13 pts all together but I had all my weekly pts so I am just fine and it was really good! I didn't eat anything after I got home. And no, I don't have a smoothie maker, I just have a blender. But it seems to work great! So glad your class went well today! How old are the kids in it? Are they well behaved?

Jill, have fun working in your garden! Next year I definitely want to start a garden, and flower beds and all that. And no, I wasn't cleaning, lol... I haven't done anything yet. I've been playing the gamecube with the kids and their new learning system in Ava's room too... so nothing is getting done. O-well, I will pick spending time with the kids over cleaning any day. But maybe after nap time we can do a challenge or something.

Michelle, you really crack me up! Your peeves are so like mine. I get irritated over little things sometimes... but I do control myself, lol. Most of the time anyway. CONGRATS on your loss!!! You are doing so well! That weight is just slipping right off of you. How is your house coming along? Did you get all the remodling you wanted done?

OK, getting off here. TTYL!
Old 08-29-2004, 01:43 PM   #13  

Height: 5 foot

Hello chicks! I just wanted to pop in and say HI! We're over here dealing with that stupid Tropical Storm "GASTON", so I don't know if the lights are going to go off or not. Sometimes it goes off afterwards.. so I just wanted to say Hi! And wish me luck for tomorrow! Spryng- what's the recipe for the spaghetti bolognase..(or however you spell it) Talk with you all later on!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:23 PM   #14  
SAHM of 3

Hi gals, just checking in. I took a few minute doze and now am waiting for Andrew to wake up. After he eats lunch we're gonna head into town for a bit.
We're looking towards Ft. Myers, Florida. Anyone know anything about there? Looks beautiful and it's an old town, it looks to have old fashoined ways about it. I don't know. Anyways, it's along the Gulf of Mexico side and about 20 hours from here. Looking into investing into a franchise. A cafe/coffee house/beverage thing. I liked one called Froots they specialize in smoothies and shakes, but also have coffees and espressos and teas and bottled drinks. You can turn these into what ever you want so at some point maybe add some foods, like already prepared salads and subs and so on. Waiting for the info to be emailed to me.
Anyways,
Penny, glad you had fun at church. When does your class start?
Jaymi, hope everything is okay from the tropical storm, keep us informed.
Spryng, dinner sounds good. Mine was going to be leftovers until I realized dh ate it for lunch. I guess now I'll make tacos.
Jill, you just were having a boring night. Sometimes those are okay.
Well, I'm gonna get off for a bit.
TTyL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:17 PM   #15  
2BoysMom

Good afternoon ladies!

Crystal..don't know anything about Ft Meyers. We always go to Ft Lauderdale and the Keys. I think Ft Meyers is on the gulf coast isn't it?

Jaymi...hope you make it through the storm. Sorry you're getting wet again!

Spryng...I'll probably be calling you to complain that we have to postpone for a day or two . Right now Frances is tracking right towards FL and we certainly don't want to arrive in the middle of what is now a Cat 4 hurricane . Hopefully it'll make a sharp right and miss the states totally....I can dream can't I? We'll decide by Tues or Wed what we're going to do. We're supposed to leave Thursday night.

Penny..glad you enjoyed Sunday school. It never seems to fill up right away does it? Not that I remember from years ago anyway.

Michelle...your pet peeves crack me up...I would love to have the balls to say something to these people, but I'm too nice I love to walk next to the person who isn't afraid to say something though...always a great laugh. I'm only going to work 1 day this week as I have things to do before our trip (I hope)...but it's going OK. I like getting away but it really cramps my routine that I've gotten used to since my full time job ended .

Mel, congrats for letting Bugga cry it out. It is the hardest thing for a Mommy to do I think. You feel like such crap, but you have to do it. I used to bring Will into bed with us but got sick of that. He was nearly two so when he cried himself to sleep he would cry "Mama" and then when I wouldn't go get him he would cry "Daddy"...talk about heart-breaking. Dh didn't think so til the first time he heard "Daaaaaaadddddddddyyyyyyy"

Jill, how's the garden coming? I HATE weeding, but it looks so wonderful afterwards.

My bikeride was 21.5 miles today. It was only in the upper 50's this morning so it was chilly to start but after a mile or so I start getting heated up.

Will wants to get on the puter to play his Barney game...he's irritating the crap out of me right now . I keep telling him to just let me finish....arrrrghhhh...did I mention PMS is on the way tooooooo?? Have a wonderful afternoon everyone! TTYL

PS Spryng...I LOVE smoothies too. I have a blender and a smoothie maker. Pluses to the smoothie maker is that you have a whole in the top that you put a rod through so you can push the ice or frozen fruit down to the blades. Minuses is that it's much louder than the blender. Both do the trick though.

OK..enough from me!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote