Old 08-28-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #228 Saturday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:02 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Hello All

I haven't started my coffee yet. Fixing to have to. Hope everyone had a great night. What does everyone have planned today? It's suppose to rain here so I'm gonna stay home and get alittle house cleaned done, some laundry. And dream about Florida and do more and more research.

QOTD: What meal do you use the most points, calories, carbs or whatever program you follow?
Answer: BREAKFAST!!! The best and most important meal of the day. Love my breakfast.

Okay, Spryng, you're right. It is happening fast, but I've learned that if you take things too slow, especially in this family than they might not happen out of procrastination. About my in-laws moving, they say they are, but they all have property to sell first, so no telling how long that will take. We are all really wanting to go and trying to find the right path to take to get there. I've been praying time after time and day after day for God to guide us in the right direction. And for our eyes to be open enough to see that path.

Hello to all of you girls. I hope everyone has a great day.

I was able to tell dh last night that I don't think we should build. And this has nothing to do with Florida, I've felt this way for a long time. I don't know that it did any good, I tried to tell him that we can NOT afford it at all. I didn't get to share my idea with him, but maybe later. He's gonna be home most of the day, maybe we can discuss it.

Okay, all three kids up at 700. Andrew woke up and decided to wake the rest of them up. I told them we ALL would take naps today. I'm gonna go make some coffee.
TTYL
Old 08-28-2004, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!

I'm a little tired this morning... and sore too. Storm after storm hit last night and we are in the middle of another one this morning. My legs were really sore when I went to bed last night but they are fine this morning, but my muscles between my shoulders blades on my back are sore, but I did do a couple workouts with my weights that targetedmy shoulders and such. Must have been effective!
I just have housecleaning planned today, so if anyone wants to do a challenge or two let me know. I'm not sure about dinner yet... I'll have to take a look at my menu and decide.But I am making me a banana strawberry smoothie for breakfast though.

QOTD--- Dinner... When on flex I always saved lots of pts for dinner so I could have a big meal, now since i'm not counting pts I try to make a completely Core dinner so I don't have to use any pts at all and can eat until satisfied.

Crystal, my dh is the worlds worst procrastinator, lol... so I know how you feel there. Hope you get a chance to talk to your dh today! Keep us updated!

Well, guess I'll get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:15 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

Crystal,
Hope everything works out with dh.

Spryng,
I bet the smoothies are good. I have been drinking those light and fit smoothies for breakfast b/c I am not a breakfast person. I have never liked it. My fav snack is frozen green grapes. When I heard you say about putting the banana in the freezer made me CRAVE my grapes I may have to go get some today

As for me, Nicholas has his karate belt test today at 12pm and then we have a bday party at 2pm. Tomorrow is church then my first day of religion for the kids.

Jill,
Thanks for chatting with me last night! It was fun as usual

Angel,
Glad you got a sec to join us! Hope you are getting back on track. I know it is hard, but we are here for you when you need us

Hope everyone has a great day! No Storms here! Ya'll can keep em
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Oh shoot.... qotd......

I am not sure.. I think I spend my most points mixed b/t lunch and supper. I try to eat supper early b/c from what TOPS says..... not to eat a meal at least 3 hours before you go to bed. I guess so you have time to work it off.....

But remember I am not a doctor and am not giving medical advice LOL Had to cover my butt
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:48 AM   #6  

OK gals.... I guess I got plans today afterall!! (and it's not cleaning, lol) dh is in Olathe for today so I'm going up to see him. I should be home about 7 pm tonight. I'm excited to get out of the house and have some fun! But don't worry, I will be 100% OP while gone, I promise. I still have all 35 weekly pts left too but I'm going to try and go to a restuarant where I can get a steak or chicken breast or something. So it will be core.

Penny, sounds like you have another busy day ahead of you too! And my smoothie this morning was awesome! It had frozen bananas and strawberries with the ff milk and I added some splenda just to sweeten it a little more (in case the strawberries weren't very sweet) and it was sooo good. I'm still milking it, lol. Great quick breakfast. I hate to cook for breakfast... especially when my kitchen needs some attention so this was perfect.

OK, getting out of here now! Have a great saturday all and I will check in tonight!
Old 08-28-2004, 01:26 PM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! I feel much better today. Besides all the rain.. and my headache! But that's the funny thing!! I'm thinking about taking some Midol.. that will have me bouncing off the walls!!!! My dh took my daughter with him to the store, and they went to go get the oil changed.. That gives me a big big break! I'm excited about starting the Core diet.. I know that is a major part of what I need to keep going.. Something new! And I probably feel so bad all the time from eating all those bad foods!! I'll get it!! I can’t wait until I get to get my old self back! Well this is going to be short today. My dh has me going to some people house he just met. Saying I will like his wife… yeah right. She probably is a nice person… but I don’t think she has kids.. Which is a major difference when it comes to being friends with someone.. You chicks know what I mean!! Anyways I gotta get going. Talk with you all later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, just got back from garage saling. Didn't find anything good but that's ok I didn't need to spend money anyway, sometimes its just fun to go. Well I forgot to measure yesterday because I am only doing it every two weeks so I did it this morning and I am 2.5 inches smaller!! I was excited. That's about it for me right now. I got Bayley invitations done last night so that is good and after nap time my mom is going to come back over and we will get my gardens weeded and looking nice. What are you al up to today?

Spryng hope you are having fun with DH! Drive safe!

Jaymi glad you are feeling well. You sound motivated! That's great!

Penny great chat as usualy. I LOVE those light and fit smoothies!! I drink them all the time. I am not a big breakfast eater either. Have you tried the Peach Passion fruit? I just got it and it is good!!

Crystal hope everything works out for you!

QOTD: Probably dinner cause that's the only meal I really plan for the day, everything else is whatever is fast and easy and somewhat healthy.

Ok gotta go catch a snooze while the little one is down. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:35 PM   #9  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Spryng...have fun in Olathe with dh!! I'm hoping to hook up with Leigh while on vacation so she can let you know how I'm doing!! I may be able to check in from BIL house. We'll be there one day over Labor Day weekend for a cookout.

QOTD...dinner. I eat pretty much at each meal...but that's the biggie.

Dinner tonight will be cheeseburgers/potato salad/and salad. No major storms here...but has rained the past 3 days off and on. It's also cold. It was in the 80's and very humid the past 2 days...had to put the a/c on for only about the 4th time all summer. Now it's only in the 60's. This summer has been a bust for weather here. Only one day in the 90's...so far.

Got in my 3 mi WATP this morning. Tomorrow I'm planning a bike ride with my gf. Tonight will probably take the boys over to her house to play with her kids. That's about it for us. Just getting ready for the trip.

Hi to everyone else. Have a bunch of stuff I want to accomplish today so I'm off of here! Take care.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hey girls! I just got home from grocery shopping and going to walmart. I am sooo looking forward to a full nights sleep.

Spryng have fun with dh!! Can't wait to hear how your day went.

Penny what are you doin today girl? Hows your weekend going?

Jill perhaps we can have a chat session tonight! It would be fun!

Dinner tonight is Chili (homemade) and Potatoe rolls.

QOTD: I use most of my points on supper, I'm not too big on breakfast either. I mean you can only eat so many branflakes

Ok girls I'm off to hang some pictures and I'll post a little later.
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:43 PM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Hi girls. Just checking in while dinner is cooking. Kind of slow around here, but usually is on the weekends, huh?

Sounds like everyone is doing well, glad to hear that. I was able to share my idea with dh about getting a home equity loan and getting out of debt. I'd like to start fresh when/if we move. He didn't really say much, but I think he sort of agrees with me.
I'm thinking that we will move, but not sure about the time frame. My mil is putting her house on the market in the next month or so and maybe his grandparents too. So I'm thinking within the next 6 to 12 months we'll be moving if not sooner, who knows. Dh knows that I won't shut up about it, so he'll have to move me there to shut up about it. I found out it will be about 19 hours from here to there. That could be broken up in two 10 hour driving days.

Jill, wtg on the loss of inches. That's the best, because your clothes start to fit differently. Great feeling.

Okay, gonna go check dinner. TTYL
Old 08-28-2004, 06:44 PM   #12  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Wow everyone must be gone or busy today.

Spryng: Hope you had a good time with dh in Olathe. Sounds like he comes in on short notice, but sometimes that is a good thing.

I didn't make on yesterday. I cleaned all day it seemed, then had company last night for supper and visiting. It was all good. They didn't leave until around 10.

WTG on the losses ladies. I cheated again today and jumped on the scales....1 more gone....that makes 5.5 in 13 days woohoo. But official WI isn't until Tuesday so I'm not changing signature til then.

Been cleaning again today and almost have the kitchen completely done after 4 days.....it was in bad shape, plus I've been really, really deep cleaning. My knees hurt so bad from being on the floor . Oh well, it's starting to look GREAT.

No plans for the day, just cleaning and took one ds to a friend's house to spend the night.....now if only I could farm out the rest of them it would just be me and hubby.

QOTD: Since I'm counting calories I try to space them all out over the day, but if I see I have plenty then I use more on supper but still save some for evening snack.

Tonight supper is broiled whitefish, pasta salad, spinach for me and sweet potatoes for the rest. Supposed to do family time tonight to watch a movie and they can have popcorn and I'll eat raw veggies with dip....yummmmm.

Well better get back to the kitchen, it's not cleaning itself ......ttyl. Have a good evening everyone.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:31 PM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

S-------L------O-------W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez, good thing I had a few things to do today or I would be really bored! I know this is usually how weekends are but whoa! Anyway just wanted to check in and say hi!! I'm up for a chat tonight if anyone else is. Just let me know! I guess maybe I'll be in the MSN chatroom around 8 PST if anyone else wants to come in. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #14  

I'm back!!

Can't get personal right now, trying to get some stuff done before the kids go down for the night. But I had a great time! We went and ate at the machine shed and they have the most wonderful core friendly menu!!! I got a huge pork tenderloin, baked potato, corn on the cob and wild rice! Only used about 1 pt on the baked potato... so that was great!! Before I headed home I hit burger king for dinner (I was starving!) and got a whopper jr and that was it... so plenty of pts left and I'm done for the day (eating that is) so I call today a success! Usually when I go see DH I eat very bad. But not anymore! I am going to be more strict on myself from now on.
We got some shopping in... bought a couple game cube games and a learning system for the kids, just stuff like that. But it was fun. I love shopping, even if it's just window shopping.
But my house still needs attention.. so maybe a challenge tomorrow?? Anyone?? please?? LOL... I could use the company, lol.
OK, I'm off here for now. I'll try to post again after the kids are in bed. TTYL!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:17 PM   #15  

Hey Everyone! Busy day with family today. I made a dream catcher with Abigail tonight, so she won't have bad dreams anymore....LETS hope it works...SHe doesn't get them too often, but she hasn't slept in her bed for months, because she had a dream about bad cats... She is going to sleep there tonight.

JIll, I see you have made your mini goal. That is soooo cooool!!!! I like garage sales too, but didn't find anything today either. Like you said, at least we didn't spend any money. I wish I could chat at 8p pacific time, but that's 11 here and much too late for me to start a chat...

SPryng, I hope you had a nice time with dh. I'm glad you got to seem him.

Jaymi, hope you got lots done while dh had you little one out shopping. How r u other wise?

Penny, I hope you had a great day. I mailed some stuff out to you today. B on the lookout. R u teaching tomorrow or is that just the kids Sunday school?

Deana, GREAT JOB on the pounds down!! You are doing great... rub some losing power this way ...please....

Crystal, I guess you really want out of your home town area huh? God bless you for wanting to drive 2 10 hour days with the kids in the car......EXHAUSTING just thinking about it......"are we there yet?"

Geri, great job on getting the 45 minute WOTP video in. Did you get to bike too? So hilly around here, I don't think I'd want to bike. I think I might start running again. It's going to be hard, but it's a challenge.

Anyway, Ladies, I will be off to get ready for beddybye. I'm pooped! Buggs was up of course 5 times last night. Let's see how tonight goes.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote