Old 08-27-2004, 07:09 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #73

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that shares all the daily aspects of our lives with each other... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:28 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Happy Friday morning, Ladies,

To those who were in chat last night - I'm sorry I had to leave, but I started feeling all nauseous and dizzy! I think it's a sinus thing... hope you had a good time, though!

Julie - glad you got out of clinicals last night! Hope the witch at work is nicer to you today.

Cristi - did you have a good time at lunch w DS? As long as he gets the degree, that is the main thing! Most kids take even longer than 2 1/2 years for an Associates. Hope the cream colored dust ruffle works out.

Marti - what is wrong with Shanna? If you would rather PM me, go ahead. Wow, I hope James gets to start leaving from Eugene - that would be so nice for you guys. Glad you called OML! About your sister, the company is discriminating against her, I think, depending on what type job it was. She should check that out.

RosieKate - I personally can't wait to see a picture of the playstructure! It sounds like so much fun, I may come out there and play on it myself, lol.

Sue - hmmm... if you're the type who can't just sit... like my sister Sara... maybe nervouus energy is making you snack too much?

Angie - I always leave my house clean when we go away. 1) I like to come home to a clean house. 2) If we don't make it back, I wouldn't want anyone to know what a slob I truly am, lol. Give Skittles a goodbye kiss from me, too.

Mindee - oh I'm so glad Tommy has another chance! Maybe he can start fresh at the other place you mentioned. Baby teeth appear to go up and down before they actually poke through. We tap them with the back of a spoon to see if they are really through, and it is the neatest sound when they are!! Get the spoon ready.... it won't be long!

Susan - yikes, I was confusing Tom with Aunt Flo for a minute there, lol!!!! Glad you had a nice talk with him. Don't take him to Starbuck's... I think that place is a jinx.

Shanna - whatever is wrong, I hope it gets better! Count your blessing for whatever IS going right in your life, and maybe that will make you feel better. But I am truly sorry that you are sad.... is there anything I can do? If so, send me a PM, ok?

Hi to the others.

One of my good buddies is bringing her DGS over for lunch today and to play with my DGDs outside. This should be amusing! She and I don't get together much because she works 3rd shift and sleeps when I am out and about. Anyway, I am glad the weekend is here and Neal will be home... I always miss himn worse when school first starts.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:46 AM   #3  
RosieKate

Quick hello from me this a.m.

Jana- know what you mean about missing everyone. My DH and son go back to school soon and it is a big change. Everyone's been home, bustling about. It's been noisy and crazy, and soon it will be quiet.

Marti - I remember when I was teaching and had to look for work every year...I never trusted HR anyhere...always turned things in in person, wrote follow-up letters. Ugh. I think that's why I wasn't so anxious to get right back to work after my son was born, just couldn't face a job hunt. I guess I was fortunate that DH had a teaching job and we could swing the one income ( barely)I knew I wanted to be a SAHM.

BTW, if they told your sis that she didn't get that job because she was pregnant, she can sue them. She should look into it at BOLI. My experience was that the employer usually words things in a way to give them an out, but you know the real reason. She does not have to tell anyone she's pregnant...even if she's showing. From what I understand, no one needs to officially "know" she's pregnant until she asks for family leave. I was discriminated against while pregnant and it is not fun. I could have spent three years in court, but followed my heart which told me I really wanted to be home with my baby anyway.

Ang- will try to get back to the computer later to day to PM you an address - would love a postcard from cunny Cuba

Susan - Wealthy and a nice guy! Woo hoo! ok, JK but important things is that he treats you like a queen....

I'll try to get back later to chat some more!
RK
Old 08-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Marti~same with me-I have no clue where we would put a grandfather clock. But! I definitely would find a spot if V were to surprise me with one. Right now though I like the wind up clock that we have. I hope you and Jhanai have a fun time school shopping this weekend. I absolutely LOVE Old Navy! Sorry to hear that OML didn't receive your stuff, bummer. I too would hand deliver, just to make sure this time they do get it. Sorry to hear about your sister not getting the job. Yeah, she could sue but it would be hard to prove that they didn't hire her because she is pregnant.

RosieKate~your quilt sounds beautiful! And so very special! I do feel that my kids are lucky but I feel that I am truly the lucky one. Raising them on my own from an early age I must say they turned out pretty good. I never had any problems with them, and still don't other than the boys fight once in a while which really kills me. But other than that I feel blessed. I have never considered myself a good mom but I do my best and I must say I must have done something right over th years.

Sue~maybe with your eating it isn't from being bored, but I know sometimes I get in those moods, like yesterday and I swear I eat everything in sight. Usually though if I am sitting I always keep a diet coke or water near to grab that first instead of food.

Susan~aaahhh, Gaby sounds like such a sweetie pie! Hope all goes well with your meeting/date with Tom this weekend.

Angie~you are not nuts! I too clean house before leaving on vacation. I just hate the idea of coming home to a messy house. Whe I get home from a vac, I need to relax from relaxing! and the last thing I want to do is to clean house. Did I miss something with the post cards? I would have sent one had I known. Of course there isn't much to see here, a lot of open space. But if you want one I will send one.

Mindee~glad to see Tommy is getting a second chance with his job. Everyone deserves a second chance, well almost everyone. I can't tolerate a man who cheats and would never give one a second chance, but that's me.

Shanna~I do hope everything is all right with you, and I am sorry to hear you are sad. If there is anything we can do, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask.

Jana~yes, made it to lunch with DS. I took it upon myself to invite DD, which of course he didn't mind. We had a blast, of course I had my mind set on Mexican because that is what he usually wants. Even had it in my head what I would get. Then he surprises me and says Red Lobster. I didn't eat much because for some reason it didn't appeal to me yesterday. Then we went to the bookstore. Bought three books, like I really need another book! And off to the pet store, For some reason he thought he needed a bird! It is pretty though. So we had a very nice day.

Not much on the agenda for me today. Need to get some laundry done and maybe vacuum. Also, watering the yard. Instead of watering it two or three times a week I have been giving it a deep watering once a week which I think is all it needs. But it takes forever. Anyway, I need to ge move the sprinklers so...hope eveyrone has a great day. TTFN
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:43 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies--

Today is our shopping day! She's got a list of places she wants me to go! Oh boy...hope I can survive the day!

Jana--Hope you enjoy your day with the DGK's!! How old are they all? Hope you're feeling better...what caused the nausesness??

Rk--I'll be call HR before I leave today to make sure I don't need to stop by. I hope they find what I sent!

Cristi--My grandpa does a deep watering with his Dahlia garden...3-4hrs of soaking!! Long time!

Susan--Go back to Starbucks and have them fill it to the rim!! Tell them you need all that you can get!

As for my sister. She's a Graphic Designer. What gets me, is that the last job she had they let her go.....soon after they found out she was pregnant. Now I thought that wasn't right. And told her that she should do something about it. She said that it's a small business and they came up with some other excuse. The place she just had an interview with actually hired her afterwards and when she told them, they took it away. That's not right either! So I'm not sure what she's going to do.

Ok...better get ready. Talk to you all later.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:01 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default I'm baaaaaccck...

but just for a few minutes. Wanted to start a new thread that I thought would be interesting.

Marti~that totally sucks about your sister! If they hired her and then took it back then I definitely think she could try to do something, if not sue, call the labor board, not sure if that is what it is called. At least let it be known to someone that they did it. Of course they are going to come up with a different excuse because they know she could sue their butts for discrimination. That's a bunch of crap.

Susan~I know Gaby is a sweetie! I was just picturing her in your lap and thinking how sweet, and how much I would love to have a little Gaby.

Okay, going to start the new thread and then get going. Take care ladies and have a good weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Quickly since Jhanai is practically pushing me out the door!

I called HR....asked if they found it and they didn't so I went and reprinted the information to fill out and while doing that, I get a call back saying they finally found it!!

He asked me if they had the original Letter of Recommendation and I told him no I just scanned it....to make it all look pretty and impressive. He laughed and told me that he will get in touch with me very soon!

Hurray....

Off to go shopping.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:50 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Just popping in for a minute to say hi...

The playdate and lunch went well. The kids are 2, 2, 2, and 10 months, so it got a little hairy when they all got sleepy at the same time. Mary took her 3 home, and my friend packed up her DGS and left, too, for a nap. But they all had lots of fun while it lasted. I got some cute photos and lots of sticky kisses.

Now I'm headed for a nap, too, lol. and praising God that they don't live here.

Later, tater!
Old 08-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #9  
RosieKate

Just survived a playdate with 2 seven year-old boys, three year-old twins and my little 2.5 year old pumpkin - we are all pretty wiped out! My son was over tired because he stayed up too late listening to his Star Wars book on tape ( after lights out) and he was a royal pain. I was embarassed, but we had a long talk about his behavior, so he is going to get a good night's sleep tonight and work on using his pleasant tone of voice...or else!

Marti - we went to the Old Navy outlet at Lincoln City last week and scored some really good deals on school clothes for the kids - hope yours has some good ones too.

Cristi and Angie - I'm in the clean-your-house club, too. When we get back from vacation we just kind of explode. I don't know where all the laundry comes from - I KNOW I didn't pack that much stuff, lol! It's just nice to focus on getting unpacked and not on the dirty floors and unmade beds, IMO. My DH thinks I'm nuts for putting that much effort in when we are leaving....

well, onward. My DS has three birthday parties to attend this weekend, and our co-op preschool is having an all-school picnic tomorrow. Ciao for now - RosieKate
Old 08-27-2004, 05:47 PM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jana~ He has one through on the lower left side of his mouth. And then he has another one just about to poke through in the same spot but on the upper left side.

Cristi~ I couldn’t agree more with what you said in your post to me!

Marti~ I agree with one of the other ladies. Your sister can go after the companies for firing her/hiring her and then firing her because she is pregnant. That is so awesome to hear….I can’t wait to hear what they say when they call you back!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies! Nothing really exciting going on- just wanted to stop in. Good diet day, but didn't make it to Curves- got out of work too late. Had pedometer on though and walked 12,000 steps- so that's good! DH and I have a very rare evening together, with no kids- so guess what we're going to do????? No, not that...we're going out for ice cream!!!!! Yipee! I'll be good, I promise. Low fat, no sugar for me! Working the weekend, as usual- so will be back ASAP. Have a great couple of days, girls! Barb
barb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:25 AM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Thanks RK I PMed you back,,,,

Cristi, I am hoping you soon get your card...took me long enough to mail it to you.
Jana, ahh to be able to have the best of both worlds...play and have sticky kisses then send them home and go and take a nap. Hope your ok,,,sinuses cause dizziness for you?

Marti, have fun shopping,,,I do enjoy shopping with the boys.

Susan, good luck on the date with Tom...

and well Im done in,,,going to bed early since I have to be up early. I finished everything but folding the last two loads of laundry. AHHH
Tanner had fun at football which took longer,,,which took away from all my other things to do...ah well we had fun.

night all have a great week and see you next Sunday.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:38 AM   #13  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just jumped on to say I have new pics of Brandon doing his latest favorite thing.....playing on the computer. it is really helping with his hand/eye coordination. We are thinking that he is going to be in advance classes because of how early he is doing things.

he also has two teeth that have popped through. both are on the left side, one on top and one on bottom!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:12 AM   #14  

Default Happy Saturday Morning Girls!!!

Sorry I havent had a chance to post in a bit..... Yesterday I stayed home from work, because I had to go have my car worked on....that cost me $450.00, so needless to say I was a bit depressed yesterday... A friend came over and we got pizza and movies...and th totally splurged went to friendly's and had a 3 scoop. REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP SUNDAE!!!! very bad...but I needed it, I was so upset!!!!!! So that probably ruined my weight loss this week....OH WELL!!
Then my mom called and said that my uncle had a really bad stroke!!, so yesterday was not a good day for me!!!
Anywho, on the docket today , I am going to the grocery store and hope to get on my treadmill for 30 minutes!!! I have been having a problem with my left kneee...which is unusual with me, dont know if I may have put to much strain on it from working out.....so I;ve been trying to stick with walking for now.. I am taking my friends 2 children overnight tonight, 2 boys, ages 2 and 5.... they love coming to Auntie Julie's for a sleepover!!!!
So tomorrow's my weekly weigh in, so I'll stop back by then I guess to let you know the damage!!!
****By the way, it was nice chatting with you, JANA, ROSIEKATE, AND SUE,
the other night in chat...JANA glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

Have a great day
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:13 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Good morning, Ladies,

Angie - it's too late for this, but maybe you'll see it when you get home. HAVE FUN!!!! I'll be looking for a postcard from Cuba!

Cristi - I just love how you've been starting the interesting new threads! Makes checking in here more fun! What's going on for you this weekend?

Marti - it sounds very promising from OML! Hope you get the job! Have a good time shopping with Jhanai... take plenty of $$, although there are sales everywhere on summer stuff. I bet you'll get a lot for the money.

RosieKate - wowee, you're going to be busy this weekend with 3 B/D parties and a picnic today. Sounds like lots of fun. I'm looking forward to CORE!

Susan - I'm impressed with what you've learned in graphic designing. Maybe Tom can meet you for lunch since you have to work?

Barb - hope you had a good evening with DH. Don't work too hard this weekend. Is it hard for you to not eat too much at work? I could never work at a bakery because I would eat up all the profits, lol.

Hi also to Shanna, Sue, Julie, Jen and anyone I forgot.

I'm down another 3/4 pound this week. I thought it would be more than that... but I'll take it! Those little losses add up, too. Next week Monday through Friday I'm going to be doing WW CORE program. At first I thought I wouldn't like it at all, but then decided it would be do-able for at least a week. I will miss my peanut butter and graham crackers everyday, but will have it using FlexPoints on one of the days.

Gotta do some laundry today and also make soup for tomorrow.

What's on your agenda today?