South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 11:58 PM   #1  
tigerlily29

Talking looking for a beach buddy

Hi, I'm new to the south beach diet. I just started 4 days ago. It seems to be going well. My starting weight is 175 and my goal weight is 130. I just had a baby 7 months ago. Before I got pregnant I lost 40 lbs. on the Atkins diet. It worked but I didn't feel healthy. I still have 10 lbs to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I live in Fredericksburg Va. Is there anyone in my area who posts here who would like some extra support? I'm a stay at home mom and I rarely get to enjoy adult conversations. I would also love a walking buddy.

Thanks, Mickie
Old 08-27-2004, 09:15 AM   #2  

Welcome to the beach! I know how hard it is trying to exercise with a little baby and I applaud you for doing it. I'm not in your area of the country but we all provide a lot of support online.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:17 AM   #3  
Faith in me

Welcome to the beach tigerlily...I'm from Richmond, VA! Pull up a chair and join us in the sand....we're all rooting for everyone!!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:41 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome to SBD, Mickie. Congrats on the baby - boy or girl?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:55 PM   #5  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome Mickie
Old 08-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #6  
tigerlily29

Default It's a girl!!!

I have an 8 year old boy named Todd and a 6 year old boy named Ethan. I was praying for a girl and I finally got one. Her name is Maya Grace. Thanks for all the support. This website seems to be great for motivation. When I lost 40 lbs before I got pregnant I was able to do it with support from my best friend who was living with us for a while. She moved away and I find that it's much harder to lose weight without someone going through the same thing. We made a pact on the phone last week that we were going to lose weight again and we're going to talk every sunday to keep up with our progress. If we didn't do that I'd probably be still saying, "I'll start tomorrow." My goal is to lose 10lbs by Sept. 20th and 35 lbs by Christmas. As a reward when I do it I'm going to treat myself to a fancy salon and get an expensive hair cut and have my grays professionally dyed.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:44 PM   #7  

Default A suggestion for you

Hi Tigerlily, welcome to the site. I just joined a few days ago also and am just finding my way around. I'm at the end of wk 3 of the SBD and am holding at 11 pound loss. I may be at a standstill right now which I understand is sort of normal going from phase 1 to 2.

You mentioned being a stay at home Mom without adult conversation. You might want to check out the sahm site (stay at home mom site) just type in sahm in the 'search' area above. I know my daughter is in it and is working on losing baby birth weight. I believe several others are in the same boat. All are about your age with little ones at home. Give it a try.

Congrats on your baby girl!

Good luck and hang in there, Leigh
Old 08-30-2004, 06:31 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the Beach.
Closed Thread