General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 02:17 PM   #1  

Default metabolife

has anyone tryed metabolife? I was wondering if it really works
Old 06-07-2001, 03:50 PM   #2  

Post Have tried it

I'm sure you will get a lot of negatives on this subject so I'll try to limit mine. I used Metabolife about 3 or so years ago and in around 5 months I lost 48 pounds. Back then it wasn't on shelves and was very hard to come by so when I didn't have any, I gained a lot of it back. Then came the warnings on the tv shows and it scared me from it. I believe the number of caplets for Metabolife were like 6 or 8. Really was too much of the bad stuff. I only took 3 to 4 max. I have been using something similiar to it since July and have had great success with it. Only difference is mine is a 4 caplet maximum and you have to load up on the water to really have some success. Others may disagree. I am interested in reading some opinions myself.
Old 06-07-2001, 10:01 PM   #3  

Default lakelog

lakelog

what is the product you are taking that you only have to take 4 pills.
Old 06-07-2001, 10:18 PM   #4  

Angry ncmom

Hi ncmom. I just wanted to let you know that I pm you earlier. Thanks.

[email protected]
Old 06-07-2001, 10:18 PM   #5  
choose it to loose it:)

I have tried matabolife but I find that they are really hard to take plus they REALLY tare up my stomach. I will say that it did give me lots of enegry. A lot more then the stuff that I am on with la weightloss.

Karen M
Old 06-08-2001, 02:49 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Post I've said it before...and I'll say it again.

Metabolife - or any other ephedra/ephedrine/ma huang product - isn't the big 'miracle pill' that everyone thinks it is. When you get right down to it, it's speed - that's all it is. It may make your heart race, and you may not feel like eating for awhile, but it is absolutely no substitute for good ol' diet and exercise.

On top of that there are the very real dangers of taking this product - especially considering that one cannot even be sure of how much of the active ingredient is IN the pills. Maybe the right amount - maybe none - maybe too much...

Just like you, I see the ads all over the 'net, on TV informercials, etc. One must keep in mind that these companies (not only the ephedra pill pushers, but most of the other 'miracle' diet products as well) know EXACTLY which mental buttons to push to get you to whip out your Visa card and pay $20-$40-$60 or more for their products - the implied promise of just taking a pill and magically becoming one of those swimsuit models in the ads can overwhelm all common sense...

Sure, there are people who will tell you that they took such and such a pill and lost x number of pounds...but what about a few months later - is the weight still off? And isn't that what REALLY counts - PERMANENT weight loss? Don't we all want to get off the yo-yo, up-down bandwagon? The only way to achieve that is to permanently change your lifestyle, and unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) that means cutting your calories to around your BMR level by healthy eating that you can sustain for the rest of your life (not a crash diet - you crash down, you snap right back up - just like a bungee jumper!) along with making exercise a REGULAR, PERMANENT part of your life (by 'exercise' I mean finding an exercise that you enjoy doing that will get your blood pumping, your heart rate soaring and the endorphins racing!).

I guess the bottom line here is - whether or not these pills can help (I've never found them to be of much help myself) is one thing but the TRUE key to weight loss is inside YOU. I truly feel that the way I was able to finally get down and get off the 100+ pounds *okay, I'm not at my goal yet but I'm dern close* and KEEP IT OFF for so long was not due to any program (though I'm loving my BFL Challenge right now!) but because I found the power within ME that we all possess. That power (along with a little research on diet and exercise) is inside all of us and THAT is what will help you achieve your goals - not a pill.

Off my soapbox now...
Old 06-08-2001, 04:30 PM   #7  

Default carbohydrate craving suppressant

has anyone tryed the carbohydrate craving suppressant by metabolife. I just saw it at the store and was wondering it if worked.
Closed Thread