South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 06:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - August 26

A quick coffee this morning on the deck as I have cakes #3 and #4 in the oven right now. I have to be in Brockville by 8:30 and hope to do #5 and #6 before I leave. We have a bake/yard/plant sale at The Church tomorrow morning and I'm on the fly today.

I braved WallyWorld on my afternoon off! It wasn't too crowded. I bought myself a new watch (an el cheapo) to celebrate ONEderland and also bought yet another pedometer. This one will be attached to my pants with a ribbon, not just the clip. I hate to admit how many pedometers I've lost, most of them probably in public washrooms!

Sarah will be here at eight and will start on more weeding - we are making progress! When I get back from town, we'll switch over to perennial splitting and packaging. I'd like her to work this afternoon but she has a "real" job interview! I'm glad for her but will miss her help.
Big news! My DD, Mary Ellen (MEW) is now a registered Nurse! She has busted her butt this past 12 months taking the RPN course out in Nanaimo, BC, and is now finished! It's been a whole year since I've seen her and I'd love to just give her a huge hug. I'm proud because life has not been easy for her and is finally getting much better. Having a good DH really helps! Dave is a Prince but it still had to be a hard year with two kids and school.

Timer is ringing and dogs are barking so I'm outta here. Just leave the dirty mugs in the sink because I've not cleared the clean stuff out of the dishwasher!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:49 AM   #2  

Morning!

Just stopping in to say hello and wish everyone a great Friday! I am sooooooo ready for the weekend!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:55 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks....sorry I have been MIA but I have been in a really rotten mood... feeling sorry for myself one minute, nasty and witchy the next and even a wee bit weepy.... god I hate feeling sorry for myself. Anyway staying pretty much OP and a few weak moments still have not started TOM yet but I feel like if someone pokes me with a needle I would just explode. Anyway just wanted to pop in. I will try later to get back and catch up with everyone but I have a partylite party that I am co hosting tonight so I need to do some cooking for. Hugs to ya all.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:36 AM   #4  

Talking my airmans coming home

Morning girls my sleep was interupted with a phone call from my boyfriend He told me he was flying in this morning that he got his orders for alaska yesterday evening....bittersweet....Any way he told me to be thinking of a place to go to dinner that it was my choice. I am still fairly new at all of this so any suggestions on healthy sbd friendly places for dinner? I am currently down to 190 lbs but I am on my way! I was just curious does anyone else weigh different during the day, like I will weigh in the mornings when I get up and then when I shower around dinner and before I go to bed a lot of the times they say different things the night and morning are close but the lunchtime one is whoa...3-4 lbs off! I am so glad that it is FRIDAY!!!!!! My kids (at work) have been more than a handful this week and I am ready for my weekend. I hope everyone has an OP day and keep your spirits high! Have a good day....
Old 08-27-2004, 08:12 AM   #5  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile Tgif Is Right!!!!!!

Good morning chickidees,
Friday is my favorday of the work week. We might even get out early today...we did last Friday.

Still able to stay on plan.....I am so glad I got motivated again. It's amazing how fast the weight comes off on Phase 1. I actually look forward to getting up and getting on the scale...I know we aren't supposed to everyday....my official weigh in is once a week, but it's motivating, especially on phase 1 to see the pounds off.

I have to tell you the highlight of my day yesterday was booking a round trip ticket to Charlotte from Dulles for $16.50 each way.....no that's not a typo, it was actually $48+ round trip with taxes. BF is meeting me there and his round trip flight was only $73.70. Gotta love new airlines starting up business. It would usually cost me a minimum $250-$300 and is too much for me to spend every time I want to go to Charlotte to visit my nephews so usually I drive the 6+ hour trip every couple of months. I just could get over the price and had to take advantage of it. It's on Independence Air and their great to fly. There service is great and refreshing. They go into to New England where the rest of our families so we'll be racking up the mile with IA that's for sure.

Ruth-I wear my pedometer everyday and strive to walk a total of 10000 steps a day....it's about 5 miles for me. I love having it when I go out walking so I know exactly how far I go. I've dropped it a few times, but havent' lost it yet. Your my hero for making 6 cakes!!! I am nervous making even one from a box. Baking is not my thing that's for sure. Congratulations on your DD's accomplishments. I know you must be so proud of her!

Little Chick-Keep your head, we're all entitled to feel down every now and then, but not feel sorry for yourself. Take yourself to the mirror and tell yourself you deserve better than that! I hope you are feeling better very soon!

Kiko and Airman's Angel-Have a great day on the beach. Don't forget your sunscreen

Everyone else to come, I hope its a good day for y'all. It's a little overcast her but hope it's sunny where you are.

Sheila
Old 08-27-2004, 08:20 AM   #6  

morning chickies!!
TGIF is right!!! this has been the week from **** at work, i am so looking forward to the weekend. todays plans are half a day of work at the job then i think i'll go get my haircut, pick up dd from school, have a quick dinner and then we are off to a football game for the evening. ds has a football scrimmage tomorrow am at 9:30 and then we'll be at the camper for the rest of the weekend. hopefully i can relax a little.

little chick hope you get feeling better those backed up pms hormones really get to me too sometimes. hang in there!!

airmans angel how great is that?? have a good time with your short visit with your man!!! good luck picking a restaurant!!

ruth can i come over for cake?? baked goods are my total weakness!! have a good day sounds like you'll be busy again.

hi kiko!!

hello to everyone else yet to post have a great day and a good weekend!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:21 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. I'm so groggy I may not even remember typing this later on today.

Oh good, Flood Watch today, and more rain. Sigh. Scattered strong to severe thunderstorms.

I hate early day at work. I can never bring myself to get out of bed. I woke up at 6:15 (one hour before time to get up) and have been drifting in and out of sleep since.

Well, better go potty and hop through the shower. Talk to you all later.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:29 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmans Angel
Any way he told me to be thinking of a place to go to dinner that it was my choice. I am still fairly new at all of this so any suggestions on healthy sbd friendly places for dinner?
Do you have a Friday's? They have a grilled grouper with vegetable medley that is on their Atkins menu but has no oils or butters added. Are you on phase 1 or 2? This would work for either. Applebees has a chicken skillet dish on their Weight Watchers menu that comes with a whole wheat tortilla and would work for Phase 2. Steak places can work as long as you watch out for fats and sugars. I have heard that Ruby Tuesday as some good stuff too but we don't have one close so I don't really know.

Me - The scouting signup went really well last night. We got enough for a nice size Tiger den and added 8 scouts to existing dens. I was a little upset to get home at 8:30 and find DH had just gotten home from shopping with Brian and was just fixing his dinner. That is too late on a school night! Anyway, we scrambled to get him to do homework, eat and get to bed close to on time.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:41 AM   #9  

Morning, ladies. How are we all doing this a.m.? Sounds like everyone is around and about and getting ready for a great weekend. I am beat, looooonnng night last night, long week really. Hopefully the weekend will afford some time to relax, but somehow I doubt it.

Airman's Angel: Have fun with your BF. Barb's suggestions are all good. I have been to Ruby Tuesday, and they have a great Atkins type menu that you should have no trouble ordering from. However, I have a personal predisposition to romantic evenings at home- lots of scented candles, a special menu, pretty flowers, a new dress, and you could control the food. But alas, I am sure that that would be hard to pull off with little ones around. Enjoy nonetheless.

Ruth: Congrats to the new nurse! That is so exciting. Here in the US we have a shortage of nurses, so it is always great to see someone new dedicating themselves to the field. Plus, congrats to you on making 6 cakes! What kind? I love baking!

Littlechick: You need a dancing banana. Hope it helps. Always makes me smile a little.

Shequila: Congrats on the good prices. I am going to try to visit DC in the fall to check out some law schools. Maybe I can get a good price from Boston or Providence.

So everyone, enjoy the beach today!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:49 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, wow, congratulations to your super-smart DD! That is great news, especially with the nursing shortage! Sounds like you had a good day yesterday and even did some nice things for you! (which you totally deserve! ) I'm glad!

Kiko! So good to see you! Hope you have a great end to your week!

Oh, LC! I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time, my favorite BBQ skewer! I hope that you feel better soon...sounds like a terrible case of PMS! Here's hoping you can take the time to do whatever gives you peace...a nice bubble bath with no kids around, a good book so you can have a good cry at other's expense (or a good girly movie), some peaceful time at the beach...whatever you can get. Wish I was there so we could have some diet tonic and gin and laugh!

Morning, Angel...what a great call to get, but sad because he is flying north...how long will he be up there? He will be so thrilled to see you looking so great! 190 sounds heavenly! The easiest place to eat OP, IMHO, is Ruby Tuesday. You can have most of the steaks, chicken, salad bar, veggies, mashed cauliflower, rice pilaf (if on phase 2), brocc. cheese soup, and white chicken chili. Lots of choices! If on Phase 2, there is also a quesadilla appetizer that is good as a dinner choice. WW tortilla. Have fun!

Sheila, so glad you are having a great day! That plane price is amazing! What fun!!! Where does your BF live? Pedometers are great. We got one each at work as part of a program...I was sometimes able to get up to 8,000 a day when I worked out, but not up to 10,000, even on weekends. I guess I'm more sedentary than I know!

Jodi, I feel you on the week from ****...so much work and the week flew by so fast with nothing (it seems) done. Hope you enjoy the game and the camping. Sounds fun!

Ooh, Weezle, I do not like early days, either. I've been so motivated to keep working on this baby quilt and I also had about 20 pages to finish in a real page turner, so I read and was up late last night. Oy. So sleepy this morning! Hope your day got easier!

Me:

Well, got the quilting done on the baby quilt last night. Just need to put the binding on today, but my coworker isn't here...so I'm going to have to wing it. Still, I'm excited by how it turned out!

We're going out for Mexican tonight. Should be fun! I'm finding that even with going back to my previous plan (one starch, one fruit), I'm still not losing. In fact, I apparently gained a pound and a half today! I'm on TOM, and maybe that's why, but oy! I'm frustrated. I know...I need to be patient and calm down. I am worried that I might be sneaking too much stuff in...maybe too much oil in different things? Not sure... <sigh> Sometimes I just over think!

Nothing much going on this weekend, and we are due for a lot of rain, so I think I might relax with DH and the dog...do some cleaning in the house, work on the quilt and plan out my next projects. I have some great fabric to make small wallhangings for my friends for Christmas. One is green with a ton of little shoes with a description under each: "sexy shoes, spiky shoes, comfy shoes, slipper shoes" and my favorite, a Birkenstock-type shoe with "earthy-crunchy shoes" underneath it. Another is light blue with panties and bras on it, also with descriptions under each: "ouchy bra, pointy bra, sport bra, date bra, thong, high rise, etc.". My favorite on that one is a space with no picture and just the word, "braless" Others have a ton of quotes with pictures...things like, "Who needs men when you have chocolate?". There's also another with a ton of different purses with descriptions. I'm going to modify a quilt and make a purse block with a shoe block to make a 10" by 20" wall hanging for four of my girlfriends. I think they'll really like it.

Not much else going on...just work and looking forward to the weekend!

One last thought...am I the only one that thinks getting a sport bra on and off ought to count as exercise?
Old 08-27-2004, 09:55 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone.

I too am having a hard time waking up and would still be sleeping if my youngest cat wasn't sharpening her claws on anything she could find in my bedroom -- she knows it's a no-no and it wakes me up to scold her.

While everyone is praising that it's Friday, I have to work this weekend so my "weekend" this week is Monday to Wednesday. We have a co-worker who is leaving and there is a good bye lunch on Saturday at the Olive Garden. Since I'm still working on Phase 1, I'm going to skip the lunch because even though I could have salad and baked chicken, the pasta and bread are WAY too tempting for me right now.

I made some of the crockpot chili last night and it was really good. I overflowed my pot a little bit but the clean up wasn't as horrific as I thought! So I have enough left over for 3 or 4 more servings.

It's good to see everyone this morning and good to be seen.

Have a great day!

Kristin
Old 08-27-2004, 10:05 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Hi, Barb and KVixen! We posted together!

Barb, so glad you got more scouts! Scouting is such fun! Sorry about DH and Brian. At least he wasn't making brownies for dinner!

KVixen, Wow, you make an evening at home sound delectable! : Congrats on looking at law schools...have you taken the LSAT yet? I have a student who is prepping for it and I have next to no info for her on how tough it is...what is your take?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:58 AM   #13  
Faith in me

Hello Everyone!!

Laurie you crack me up I do indeed think sport bras should be counted as exercise I can't believe you're already done with the quilt!! You are speedy!! Way to go! Don't worry the scale will continue to go down! I gained 2, only because I had a couple pieces of pizza the other day and had a bit more peanuts than I was supposed to....I think....but the scales finally went down!

KristinJ I have yet to have the crockpot chili...It sounds like it'd be good. I totally understand skipping out on the Olive Garden. The breadsticks are sooo tempting. I went there with my mom, grandma, and aunt and had soup and salad.

LC I hope you feel better soon....I agree with what Laurie said "a nice bubble bath with no kids around, a good book so you can have a good cry at other's expense (or a good girly movie), some peaceful time at the beach...whatever you can get"

Ruth you are a strong woman....making 6 cakes! Just having one in the house is too tempting

To everyone else, I hope you have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!!!

Me: Well yesterday as I was putting the Sims game onto my computer I recieved a phone call. Some lady from this company called First Investors Corp. found my resume on monster and wanted to interview me next week I was so startled and said yes that I've forgotten what position I'm being interviewed for soooo hmm...well I guess be prepared for anything....I've tried looking them up on the net....haven't seen anything yet...but will continue to look. It's a long day in my dad's office today....it's so weird being here when no one else is....Oh my dad and little brother are on the Braves website somewhere....the People there at the game took pictures of the fans and they were some of them! I made the 3 bean salad today for lunch...it's chilling in the fridge...I've never had it....so I'm hoping it'll be good.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #14  

Just a quick pop in to say Hello to everyone I have to get to DD school to help her get her pizza today. She is just so excited. Will check back in later.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:09 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko
Me- I have to admit that I have been struggling in all areas of my life. School has been so overwhelming- I hadn't fully anticipated how stressful this year was going to be. I don't feel like I am being effective in any area of my life right now- mom, wife, woman, teacher... I need to figure it all out. Just a stressful spot- fortunately I am an extremely resilient person and know that I will make it through. I am maintaining my weight loss, which I am proud of.
Kiko, I'm so sorry! I think you are probably doing a much better job than you think...teaching is so all encompassing that it is difficult to do anything else, at all! I know that with your caring and nurturing nature, you are doing a lot for everyone in your life. Just don't forget about you, okay?

Kristin, I totally understand about not going to Olive Garden...that would be tough for me, too. You do what you need to in order to succeed. Hey, remember to brag about your weekend on Monday when we are all stumbling in to work. That ought to make it even! What kind of work do you do?

HistoryChick, thanks so much for the support! I hate to burst your bubble, but I would stay away from First Investors. They are an insurance/financial services company. They tend to chew up and spit out their employees. You would be selling insurance and other financial services to everyone you know and lots of people you don't, and you would be working on commission only. It's not the job for you, I think. You won't find much posting on Monster...just things like First and Vector (selling knives). Instead, look for local job boards (you might try www.regionaljobswanted.com to see if they have a board for your area) and post your resume there. Also, perhaps at your college? I'm a career counselor at a small, private, liberal arts college, just so you don't think I'm talking out my nose. You might also try looking on specific job boards for the career you are interested in. If you don't know what you are interested in, PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you links to tons of career surveys that will help you figure it out. Finding a job is tough, but you don't want to go with something like First. Hope saying this didn't bother you, but I wouldn't let a friend go work for them.
Closed Thread