South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #1  

Default Popsicle Fudgesicle & creamsicles ohh my..

Girls please tell me did I make a mistake already? I am currently just a few days into phase 1 and last night had a major craving for something cold while I was grocery shopping, so I mosey on over to the ice cream section to look for sugar free fudgesicles that it mentions in the book. I saw what looked like a dream come true for my sweet tooth! They had the healthy bunch (20 pack) of the sugar free popsicles, fudgesicles, and of course the creamsicle all together for 2.99, I yanked them up like they were the last box and took them home well I was so stoked that I got them that I didnt even read to see if I was even allowed to have creamsicles?!?!? They are sugar free and flavored with splenda. So basically I want to know do I have to start over on phase one because I cheated with a creamsicle? I hope they are allowed because they are so good.....

Also I tried the mock mashed potatos and yuck...I dont know about them they were nasty or maybe I didnt do something right? I am trying to find new recipies for chicken like some kinda sauce or something to give it some flavor any suggestions?

Well girls I want ya'll to have a fantastic day we can do it!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:56 AM   #2  

I do not believe we are allowed the creamsicles but I'll let someone else answer that. I haven't made the mock mashed potatoes either. BUT, I can tell you that we like the Chicken Capri recipe from the cookbook. I know it is already posted in the Phase 1 Entrees. The Ginger Chicken is good too but I don't know if it has been posted yet.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

How many calories do they have? You do get 75 sweet calories a day. I'd check the ingredients and see if it has the bad stuff-hydrogenated oils. But personally I think you are ok. As long as you only ate one and not the whole box. How did they make your feel? How do you feel this morning?

I like the mock mashed potatoes and some people can't stand them. I have found that if you use fresh cauliflower, you know, before it starts to get the brown spots and starts to smell like cauliflower, rinse it well and cook it covered in a microwave. Then mash it and add all the goodies to it, it's better. But, I do like cauliflower and I always felt that mashed potatoes are only a carrier for the fat of the butter, cream and other good stuff.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:06 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Creamsicles are not specifically listed as OK but I do know that Ellis and I ate some last summer and they were yummy.
Can you post the ingredients? If the milk/cream in them is low fat, they should be OK but the calories need to be counted towards your sweet treat allowance.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:39 AM   #5  

Okay I admit I wanted to eat the whole box they were so good but I didnt I only had one. The nutrition information is a lot less then the fudgesicle so.... but I have listed the nutrition information and the ingredients.

NUTRITION FACTS

serving size 2pieces servings per container 10 (20 pops altogether)
POPSICLE FUDGESICLE CREAMSICLE

calories 25 70 45
calories
from fat 0 15 5
Total
Fat 0 1.5g 2% 0.5g 1%

sodium 0 55 5
carbs 9g 16g 12g
protein 0 4 1

Ingredients

Popsicles- Water, sorbitol, lactitol, polydextrose, citric acid, malic asid, guar gum, locust bean gum, natural and artifical flavors, splenda, acesulfame potassium, ascorbic acid, and then the coloring

Fudgesicles- water, maltodextrin, milk protein, polydextrose, lactitil, cocoa, sorbitol, coconut oil, glycerine, modified food startch, vegetable protien, calcium, guar gum, karaya gum, microcrystaline cellulose, cellulose gum, salt, malt powder, sucralose( splenda brand) acesulfame potassium, locust bean gum, citric acid

Creamsicles- water, maltodextrin polydextrose milk protien concentrate, sorbitol, glycerine, coconut oil, mono diglycerides, guar gum, locust bean gum, carrageenan, microcrystaline cellulose, cellous gum, natural and artificial flavors, slenda, acesulfame potassium, water ice shell, water, sorbitol, lactitiol, polydextrose, citric acid, malic acid, guar gum, locust bean gum, splenda, and flavoring, and then the coloring.

Okay to me the others sound healthier then the fudgesicles the book recoments. The above nurition information is for 2 servings. They have a website too and it said this.......

New! PopsicleŽ Sugar-Free CreamsicleŽ
Enjoy the same great taste of CreamsicleŽ without the sugar. Experience the fruity flavors of orange, cherry or mixed berry all with a creamy vanilla center and only 20 calories each!

Sugar-Free PopsicleŽ Ice Pops
We've taken our most popular pops and made them sugar-free! They come in our three favorite flavors: orange, cherry and grape. Only 15 calories per pop!

No Sugar Added FudgsicleŽ Pops
Less sugar WITHOUT less taste! These famous fudge bars are deliciously fudgy!

The website is www(dot)popsicle(dot)com

Sorry this is so long......
Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, there seem to be lots of sugar alcohols but I guess they'd be OK once in a while. Coconut oil is a no-no according to the guide. The calories are minimal but do you really want all those weird things in your body?
Please note that I didn't do my usual FRANKENFOOD scream. I must be mellowing with age.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I figure the way we (many of us?) have all been eating in the past, the ocasional frankenfood won't really hurt (ducking! ouch! don't throw things Ruth ) if we keep it within moderation. Just fight the temptation to eat the entire box.

I splurged last night and had 2 of the sugar free popsicles. Yum.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:29 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I must admit that though I don't indulge in most frankenfood, I have had a creamsicle almost every day of the last 4 months. I love those little guys! I have one each day after lunch (25 cals) and a Fudgsicle after dinner (45 cals) and that leaves me 5 cals for a piece of cinnamon SF gum during the afternoon. It's a good thing.

Ruth, I'm so proud of you for not screaming. You're leaving that to me and Ellis, huh? I think you're still feeling guilty over the SF ice cream sandwiches from a couple weeks ago. <ducking>

The SF popsicles are good, too. Not as good as the creamsicles, but good.
Closed Thread