Old 08-25-2004, 10:20 AM   #1  

Default Hello- may I join you?

I hope you won't be upset I started a new thread just to say "hi"! I wanted to just fill out the info in the bios section- but wasn't sure how to do it (sorry, not the most computer literate person!) If someone would be willing to tell me how- I will do it.
I really love the name of your group- I thought I was a pretty Jaded Lady before- but now I know for sure. I'd like to share this with you: I've been looking for a support group since I'm doing my weight loss on my own. Well, I'd lurked around here at 3 Fat Chicks- but it seemed that alot of the chat was about WW or low-carb- I was looking for something more general. I found another board that looked as though it might work. I mentioned that I am using Slimfast and I got alot of questions and comments from others about that. I responded to those people with information from my experience. I was then BLASTED by a bunch of others saying that I must be advertising Slimfast and they proceeded to say all kinds of nasty things about it and the way I answered people. I wish I'd never even mentioned the Slimfast! It's really not the most important part of what I've been doing, anyway. Everyone seemed to miss the points where I had said that in the statements I made.
So, here I am, girls, looking for a non-judgemental and friendly place to talk about the thing we are all trying to do, however we are doing it.
I have my good days and bad days, and would like to have the chance to share those with someone who understands.
So that's it- I hope you'll be nice to me- my feelings are pretty bruised!
Thanks- Barb
barb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:51 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi Barb,

You are very welcome here! There are all different methods of weight loss going on with this group, lol. I won't *blast* you for using Slimfast! How/if you lose weight is your prerogative! Some people doing WW, etc, don't eat very healthily, either, lol.

Jump in at the chit chat thread and see what you think... then if you want, cut and paste the bio questions so we can know you better!

See you at chit chat!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:09 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi and WELCOME Barb!

Don't worry about being blasted for what program you do or not, we won't do that here. I think some people forget that we are all different and what is good and works for one person may not work for another. And I don't see anything wrong with SlimFast myself. So, WELCOME an dhope to see ya at the Chit Chat thread!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Barb--

Don't worry about us here. For me...I can't even make up my own mind on how I want to go about losing weight! And I think if the method someone is using is working---well I applaud you!!

There is no judging or bashing, so as Jana and Cristi mentioned...join us in the chitchat thread and chat with us to your hearts content!!

See you there!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote