Old 08-21-2004, 09:27 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Question What do you eat on your toast?

Everybody likes toast, right? Whether it is white bread, wheat, rye, sourdough, or raisin.... we all love it!

Do you like butter or margarine? Jelly or jam? How about some peanut butter or apple butter? Do you like cinnamon and sugar?? Maybe you eat it dry? Do you make a sandwich with it?

Personally, I like mine with stick margarine (not the watery stuff!) and if I have the points, I like a little peanut butter on it, too and dunk it in my coffee. Sometimes I have it dry with an egg and ketchup! YUM!

What's yours?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:43 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good one Jana~

Okay, if I am having white toast or an english muffin I have to have peanut butter on it, nothing else. I really like apple butter with it sometimes but don't have that often because no one else cares for it and I hate to buy a whole jar-it will ruin before it is eaten. And sometimes I will eat my toast dry. But if I have raisin (bread) toast I love it with butter, actually margarine (use Country Crock or Parkay)-just call it butter. Years ago, growing up we would make cinnamon toast by spreading butter on a slice of bread and then sprinkling with cinnamon and sugar and then putting it in the oven-mmmmm that was so good! No wonder I am fat!! Haven't had that stuff in years though.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmm....toast!

I used the "Can't believe it's not butter spread" with honey or strawberry jam. Love it!

How about bagels? I eat those dry....and usually get a berry bagel. But here's an all time favorite for italian dishes! Pesto bagel, butter, sprinkle on garlic salt and parmesan cheese then broil it. Delish!!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Vegemite! There is no other topping for toast lol.

Oh, except tomato and cheese...Mmmm...

But Vegemite toast, nothing compares.

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:05 AM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

PEANUT BUTTER ...and I just had some toast today...weird,,,since I don't do that often.
Anyone see the new peanut butter chocolate?
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:54 PM   #6  
self portrait

Default yummy

Ok, here is my two cents worth

If I am doing my weight watchers breakfast of half a grapefruit and an wheat honey english muffin, then I like to put my points of peanut butter on it.
Otherwise on my wheat honey english muffins, I like brummel brown spread with honey on top, or without honey.
Sometimes the only thing that sounds good is a couple of pieces of wheat toast with brommel brown on them. Sometimes nothing is better than that to eat for breakfast or whatever meal.
So I guess i will have to say for the most part I just use brommel brown spread with a little honey. I love that brommel brown spread. It is no cholestrol, only the good fat and since it is a mixture of yogurt and margarine it is creamy and flavorable with out being bad for you. Yummy
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:39 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Shanna, I didn't know English muffins came in a wheat honey variety! Gonna check that out!

Lyria, a long time ago, there was a song that mentioned a Vegamite sandwich. The Land Down Under.... something, something... what was the song and what the heck is Vegamite? Pureed veggies? I hope since you were passing through, you'll come back and see this!

Remind me to never start a Food thread again - after reading all the posts, now I'm craving warm cinnamon toast. Or jam.... or peanut butter chocolate......Ack!!
Old 08-23-2004, 01:03 AM   #8  
self portrait

Jana: I will have to get back to you on the brand, it is only 99 cents here for a 6 or 8 pack, can't remember. However they are good, onlky 120 calories and 1 or 2 grams of fat a piece. Yummy.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:04 AM   #9  

Yep, I know the song you mean I love it lol.

Anyway, Vegemite is an Australian spread. It's very thick, black and salty. (Most non-Aussies make the mistake of spreading it really thickly. You only need the thinnest smear, usually with butter or marg) It's made from yeast extract and is one of the richest sources of vitamin B known. However, unless you are a born and bred Aussie who has been raised on it, it's highly unlikely you'd like it. I was fed a steady diet of the stuff from conception lol, so i had no choice in the matter :P

Livi
Old 08-23-2004, 06:24 AM   #10  
self portrait

I have tried Vegemite jana, I do not recommend it. I couldn't even finish the bite I took. Nothing against you lyria, I am sure it is an aquired taste depending on where you were brought up. However I will never forget that bad taste I had in my mouth for the rest of the day. hee hee :-)
Old 08-23-2004, 08:11 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Uh.... I think I'll pass, too. But we Yankees eat stuff the Aussies probably wouldn't like, either!
Old 08-23-2004, 05:40 PM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Salty?
Im weird but I don't add salt or sugar to anything I eat...if it happens to have it, fine,,,but if its too much forget it. I can't eat soya sauce,,,eegag...too salty.
When I was about 4 I accidently drank a cup of bleach. My aunt was getting rid of coffee stains in the cups and I came running in and literally gulped down a 1/2 cup. They rushed me to ER and I had to ingest large glasses of salt,,,which of course made me vomit. So 30+ years later I still don't eat salt if I can help it.
As for sugar, I read some where a while back about how 1 teaspoon of sugar brings your immune system down for a 1/2 hour. Well I got so used to not having sugar in my coffee or cereal that I can't stand the stuff now.
So why am I am fat?
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #13  

Squeak: Yup, thats why i said unless you are a born and bred Australian you very likely wouldnt like it
Old 08-23-2004, 11:20 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I have to have chunky peanut butter on my toast or muffin. Yummy.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:20 AM   #15  
self portrait

Default ;-)

Lyria: LOL, yep I knew what you were saying. I just wanted to warn jana, in case she got curious. hee hee Lo
I am sure a lot of my comfort foods would turn peoples noses. Say, for example my dad taught me to love cheese and sweet pickles sandwiches. He learned that in korea during vietnam and I love them. My sweety thinks I am weird.
Another weird sandwich is grilled banana, butter, cinnamon and sugar sandwiches. I love them, it is like dessert.
I also eat a lot of green pepper filled with non fat cottage cheese for dinners. My BF is always making fun of me, I think I have had that for dinner twice a week for about a month. lol
I also love mashed potato and turkey with cranberry sauce sandwiches after thanksgiving.
Hmm, Maybe I should open up a sandwich shop , or write a sandwich book. hee he
I have many more wierd food likes, but I could be here all morning and I go home in an hour and I need my ugly sleep.