South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 12:34 PM   #1  

Default Ack!

I drank about 2 pitchers of beer yesterday Definatly not OP!
Old 08-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #2  

Aww.. Don't feel bad. I know how hard it is to resist, especially when you are out with friends. I've stopped going out the past 2 weeks cuz its impossible for me to resist when we meet up at the bar on ladies night. How could I pass up free drinks? So now I've decided that I will only go out once a month, and allow myself to indulge in just 2 beers.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #3  

Yeah, I hardly ever drink but we went to an all you can eat crab feast and ya just can't eat a ton of crabs without consuming the same amount of beer!
Old 08-23-2004, 01:25 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wendy, you have to decide for yourself what you really want to do, but if you are going to make a major life change to the SBD way of eating, you have to give up beer. I can't really be the one to speak to this, because I've never really liked beer much! But you need to find other things you can drink/eat that won't cause the kind of blood sugar issues that beer and other bad carbs do.

It's your call, you know? And I'm here for you either way.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:20 PM   #5  
Working for the Cruise!

I'm with ya ladies. I spent the weekend with friends spending an anniversary. Went to a jazz concert in Wine Country. Had Arbor Mist and a ton of cheese, some OP, but most not. Then went a party afterwards and it got worse. Ham BBQ on kaiser roll, potato chips, 2 chocolate chip cookies.... ...and this 30% alcohol wine where you could actually see the sugar settling in the bottom of the glass...wish I could remember the name, but unfortunately I don't remember much after that glass! Except of course for the big bomb.... .....the small twist REAL ice cream waffle cone. Bleh. Thank god friends are going back to college!

Looks like I'm back on Phase I this morning and ready to set some goals.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:29 PM   #6  

beachgal, I know what you're saying. But I don't ever drink beer (I don't really like the taste very much, and it makes me burp too much!) - this was a one time a year thing which is why I'm not stressing about it too much. But I do like beer with my crabs, and I only have crabs once a summer, if that.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:07 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good attitude Wendyjo.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo
But I do like beer with my crabs, and I only have crabs once a summer, if that.
Wendyjo, I misread this and thought you said "cARbs" not "cRAbs" I thought, "Wow, she only eats carbs once a year? Why does she need SBD?

I totally understand the feeling of wanting a special treat...I'm planning on eating <gasp> scones and crumpets when we're in London this Fall. I know it might give me a massive headache and make our trip not as nice as it would be without them, but I'll probably have them anyway. But the rest of the time...I need to be as OP as possible for this change in my life to work. As I said before, I'm here for you no matter what. If you want a kick in the tuchus, let me know. Otherwise, I have lots of and pats on the back for not making it 3 pitchers!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:07 AM   #9  

Awww, thanks Laurie. No kicks in the butt please Hugs are much nicer.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:56 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well geez. I'm all about SBD except the "no beer" clause. Like I said in a different thread, I had 4 beers on Saturday night, and it felt GOOD. Fortunately I didn't gain any weight from it. I was back to myself again instead of who I've been since I started SB.

I'm a Davis. I come from German Lutherans and Irish Catholics. I drink beer. I will drink beer on Molly's birthday (Sept 9,) I will drink beer at my wedding, I will drink beer on my honeymoon, and I will drink beer on my birthday. And I will love every bloody second of it. At 96 calories and 3.2 carbs per 12oz bottle, it's worth it to me. Beer is part of my heritage and part of who I am. It's my entire social life, and I can't begin to portray how much fun it was to be out with my friends and family again.

I really don't think a handful of times a year is so bad. Nobody sticks to their diet 100%. If they did, we'd all be skinny, wouldn't we? For some people, it's chocolate. For some, it's pasta. For others, bread. For me? Beer.

And really, I don't think I'm doing so poorly. I've had beer twice in the last 2 and a half months. I had 1/2 beer on my mom's 50th birthday, and 4 beers (draft, in little plastic cups) on Saturday. This coming from a girl who used to drink, on average, 6 beers a night.

Wendyjo, good for you for treating yourself once. Everybody does it once in awhile, and if they say they don't, they're lying, otherwise they wouldn't have to be on this forum. They'd be on "Skinny R Us" or something. I know the Holy South Beach Bible says absolutely not, but I say you're allowed once in awhile to keep your sanity. Just no more for awhile
Closed Thread