South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 05:34 PM   #1  
Kimi

Default phase I weight loss

Just curious on the average weight loss in Phase I. I only lost 8 lbs (didnt cheat once) and I see others that have lost almost double that. I didnt eat as much as I should and maybe thats the problem...I dunno.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:47 PM   #2  

I lost a whopping four. It really varies from person to person and how much you have to lose. 8 is a great loss for a 2 week time period.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:56 PM   #3  

Hi, 8 pounds is a great start. With SB I find the weight comes off in chunks with plateaus between, so hold on for the next jump (down ) on the scale!

It's really hard to do, but I think this works best if you consider how you feel (have you lost cravings? felt better in your clothes, had more energy etc.) than if you use the scale as the main measure of success. In my limited experience (10 weeks maybe?) I find SB program has a lot of weight plateaus.

I say this in part to remind myself because I just got back from a week of vacation and I was VERY dedicated to the program in spite of the obstacles and temptations, yet I only lost one pound. I felt really disappointed. Then I put on a shirt I used to wear over a tank top because it was 4" short of buttoning at my hips, and it fit with room to spare. That has to be more significant than a number on a scale.

Keep going, don't give up!
Old 08-22-2004, 07:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on the 8 pounds!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Eights pounds is great. I lost 5 lbs. ( I was a bit disapointed as well ) But a lose is better than a gain.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:07 PM   #6  
Kimi

Thanks for the encouragement girls! The cravings have slacked off a bit and some clothes feel a little looser. Is it just me or has this been easier to stick to than other failed diets?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:12 AM   #7  

I was another one who only lost 4 on Phase 1. If you have less to lose then you typically lose less. I agree with those who mentioned the plateaus and drops. I plateau'd for half this month and then have lost 6 1/2 pounds since then! I find this plan easy to stick to. The food is wonderful and I have so much energy (after Phase 1). Congratulations on losing 8 pounds!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:26 AM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Kimi - I was 170 pounds when I started SBD and lost 8 pounds the first 2 weeks also.

One of the problems that I have, though, is that my weight either stalls or I experience a slight gain when I add any starch or fruit back in every day. Consequently, I have been adding starch/fruit infrequently and occassionally revert to Phase 1 for a week.

When starting Phase 2, really watch how the carbs affect your weight loss. If you continue to lose, you are OK, if not, you may need to make some adjustments.

Enjoy!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:57 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Kimi---I lost 12, but I also have more in total to lose than you. It'll come off slower for those who have little to lose.
Closed Thread