Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default WW snack cake ??

Today my leader told us about a "new" WW snack cake that was one point and delicious. She said we could find them at Super Walmart. I looked EVERYWHERE in my SuperWalmart and was unsuccessful....and of course, no one there knew what I was talking about. Problem is....I don't really know what I am looking for either! Does anyone know about this new cake?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:37 PM   #2  
14 lbs to go!!

I hear that the chocolate is very good, but these cakes are very small. My instructor said that they were a good 3 bites
Old 08-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #3  

My Super Wal-Mart is keeping them on the edge of the bakery section right by the frozen fish case, which is next to the fresh fish. BUT at the Green Bay Super Wal-Mart they were like in the diet section next to the cra*pkins, er I meant the Atkins stuff. It all depends on the manager of that part of the store really. So your best bet is to ask where it's at. And if they don't have it, request they get it in! It's just like the 100 calorie snacks, which I personally love. They're not carrying it yet but I've already started my campaign and it helps when you have others asking about it too.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:41 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

They are really only about 2 bites worth and dry as the Sahara Desert. Totally not worth $2.87 for the box
Old 08-20-2004, 09:03 AM   #5  

I still have not found them locally. Have heard they are tiny. From the way they are described, they might NOT be frozen?
Will be looking, always on the quest for chocoate treats that are low in points....
Linda
Old 08-20-2004, 01:33 PM   #6  

Hey Guys,I'm Dept.Manager of frozen foods at a Wal-mart Supercenter.I'm on vacation this week,but the dessert and toppings section should be getting a reset.Mine will be set Mon..This is usually company wide .I didn't look at my set before I left.I did see a case of "New" WW cakes come in my freezer Monday..Now Deli,Bakery,Meat,and Frozen all come into one freezer.So I'm not sure if they were mine or Bakery or Deli.I do know that alot of things get advertised about a month before we get it.Some smaller stores have new things way before I get them.It's really frustrating sometimes.When I have customers wanting things.Hope this info helped.Just keep checking.Your local Wally-World will get it eventually.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:12 PM   #7  

I beg to differ about these products. I love the carrot cakes. They hit the spot when I want a treat. Late at night I can just grab 1 for 1 point. The chocolate is ok but the carrot cakes are sooo good. I had to actually hide them from my kids. I give them 1 a day in their lunch. The muffins are very good. They are 3 points.
Terri
Old 08-22-2004, 05:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I found them by the fresh fish at Wal-mark. There was a small display. I grabbed the chocolate and the carrot cake. Both are very very good!! The chocolate came in real handy for me durning that time. (sorry if to much info)
They are really small but if figure if I eat one or even two it's better than eating a candy bar to get my chocolate "fix".
Mez
Old 08-28-2004, 08:27 AM   #9  

Hello Everyone,I found the WW cakes in my Supercenter.They are in the bakery.Chocolate with chocolate icing. 1 pt. Carrot cake with cream cheese icing.1 pt.Blueberry muffins 3pt.and Apple Spice muffins 3pt. They belong to the bakery.So if you can't find them.Ask someone in the bakery for assistants.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #10  

They were ok, if you dunk them in milk, otherwise very dry
tara
Old 08-28-2004, 10:02 AM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

I was just going to say that. If a Wal-Mart is putting them in a freezer they might be putting them wrong. They are like 'Little Debbie' or 'Hostess' snack cakes and should be on a shelf. They were on an end display the day I found them.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #12  

Smile

I live between two larger towns, and frequent the Wal-Mart stores in both. The Wal-Mart to the south of me keeps them on the isle with the Little Debbies and other snack cakes, but when the shelf is empty, I can contact someone in the bakery. They are the ones who can tell me if they have any more (same story for my favorite 1 pt English muffins). At the Wal-Mart to the north of me, they are kept in the area near the bakery where you can find the bagels and things. The set up in the two stores is totally different, so I think that is why they are in different locations. The bottom line is that the bakery is responsible for them in both stores. I personally both the chocolate and carrot cake snacks. The icing is a bit dry and crumbly, but I put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds in and it softens the icing right up. I liked the apple cinnamon muffins, but they were a little smaller than I expected. They were $3 for three muffins. I can spend the same amount of money and make a dozen 3pt muffins myself. But I will continue to buy the 1 pt snacks, they were pretty darn yummy for just one point!
Old 09-05-2004, 11:04 PM   #13  

1 point English muffins? Did someone say 1 point Englinsh muffins? Could you share what brand this is? I would love to get some! Thanks!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:48 AM   #14  
Cowboy Up Chick

Natures Grain Light English Muffins (100 cal/1 fat/5 fiber) put out by Meyer's Bakers, P.O. Box 687, Hope, Arkansas 71802
Old 09-06-2004, 10:04 AM   #15  

I am on the East Coast. I get the country kitchen light english muffins, they also have raisin ones and each kind is only 1pt for one whole english muffin, very yummy too.

Brenda
Closed Thread