Old 08-19-2004, 05:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default So what's shakin'

Hey girls and guys! How's it been? I feel like I haven't been around too much lately and man I MISS YOU GUYS!!

Feeling pretty darn good about my efforts this week. I have been trying different strategies to try and get this plateau phase outta my way.. I have experimented with calories (more) and exercise and all that good stuff.. Nothing seemed to work. I got a glimpse of hope with a 3 lb loss over the past 2 weeks but then BOOM.. Like a freight train hitting me, notta.. slumping again.. Not to fret.. I peeked at the scale this evening and things are lookin' more like normal.. I will officially weigh in on Sunday and will post results then.

So what has been getting under your skin lately? I've been dealing with a commute to work that is straight out of the fires of **** I think
I drive an hour to work and it just seems like EVERY SINGLE BLESSED DAY I am encountering some sort of traffic jam.. Mostly involving tractor trailers! Yesterday, one decided to try and turn around on a 2 lane road right infront of my office before a traffic signal.. WHY?? Then today.. A motorcade of OVERSIZED LOADS attempted to cut a short turn holding up traffic for miles on end.. WILL IT EVER END??? Not to mention that I have to take a 15 mile detour to get to work each morning because of single lane restrictions on the highway.. Mamma mia! No wonder I am so damn tired when I get to work! I spend like 1.5 hours in my car each morning!

So that was my day today.. Just wanted to share....

Whats happeing in your end of the world today???
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:33 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Just pluging away here. I got a new DVD player for my laptop so it makes it nice for doing my walking DVD. I don't have to be in front of the TV now.

I used to have to drive 45 minutes to work Gretchen. I don't think I would like any longer than that. I can get to work in about 11 minutes now. The best was when I worked at a lumber yard. I rode my bike to work and could still get there in less than two minutes.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I've been spending a lot of time focusing on my birthday, like what it means to me, and what can I do so that I don't have to feel this way on my next birthday. It's been hard, turning 25, I had a little freak out a month ago including panic attacks and being depressed. Today I feel better! I am officially 25, and hope to get on with it. No weight loss for me, but I feel confident I get back on track in the next week.

Wow Gretchen, I sure hear where you are coming from on that commute. Mine is a lot more easy than yours, I walk 1.5km's to the bus each morning, and then catch the bus for 20-25 minutes, then on the skytrain for 20 minutes, and finally a 10 minute walk from the skytrain to my work. I don't have to worry about driving, and get time to think and listen to the radio. I am however facing a promotion which would bring me a lot closer to home, yay!
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Yuck Traffic Jams!!
Well my day was exciting I was on tech support for my router most of the day with ppl I could hardly understand. To make it worse we had a bad connection and they were speaking low. (or I'm going deaf) it ended up that I had to go buy a new one. My old one is under warrenty since it was only 3 months old. They will send me a new one if I can find my sales slip. (That's not going to happen)

On a good note my workout went well... and I found that Weight Watchers makes Chocolate Cakes (like little Debbies) I'm craving chocolate so bad this week. They are tiny but very good and hit the spot and only 1 point. They also have carrot cake and muffins. I bought the carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting. They looked really good. I'll let you know if they are.
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:56 AM   #5  
missaprylj

Hey!

Gretchen- Don't fret too much, you're bound to pick up again soon. We're all cheering for you! And "sheesh!!" to the commute! There is no place I could possibly work in my city that is an hour away! Twenty minutes max (and there's no traffic in this city, lol) from my house to the other end of town! I can't wait to move to a "big" city though!

SwimGirl-- : towards the promotion!

As for me.... I've finally decided to get back on track. I ate well and worked out yesterday and today. Two days! I'm going to do things "one day at a time" this time, and not go crazy with long-term goals that are impossible to meet... for me anyway.

I babysat this morning and crunched numbers at my aunt's flower-shop all afternoon.... yahoo. :P But, money is money, right?

Anyone else obsessed with Michael Phelps?? I mean.... the Olympics?? (But honestly, is he not the finest piece of work yet? Grrrowl.) Oh, and the Hamm twins were born in my city!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phelps.jpg (6.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #6  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprylcadabra
As for me.... I've finally decided to get back on track. I ate well and worked out yesterday and today. Two days! I'm going to do things "one day at a time" this time, and not go crazy with long-term goals that are impossible to meet... for me anyway.
Apryl, I'm so proud of you!! Great job on working out two days in a row! I think it's TOTALLY a one day at a time thing, this weight loss business -- I'm really glad you're not getting too far ahead of yourself -- that definitely doesn't work for me, I just keep my goals small and take them one at a time. I'm REALLY proud of you, Apryl!!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:16 AM   #7  

Apryl, love love LOVE Michael Phelps! Also, Ian Thorpe, totally hot, heh. I am also a huge fan of Blaine Wilson, I almost had a heart attack when he fell! The Hamm twins are adorable But, I missed women's all around last night
Old 08-20-2004, 11:45 AM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi there!

I've been a bit noticable by my absence recently - but I am back!

Had my first day back on track yesterday and it was fine - not half as hard as I thought it would be. It's not like i'd been having huge pig outs - but I was starting to eat more like a 'normal' person, whereas I needed to get back to eating like a fat person on a diet!

I had a great start to my day today - I got up early (despite going to bed late) and went out in the pouring rain to go swimming. I'm not usually a morning person, but I was determined to go - and i'm so glad I did, it's set me up with a really positive mood for the day!

APRYL - I hear you about those swimmers! I don't usually ogle other men ( ), but a swimmers body is the absolute perfect specimen of the male physique (it's a scientific fact girls - it's the perfect triangle from shoulders to waist, which is why it sets all our hormones racing!). I have been very much enjoying the Olympics - particularly the swimming and the diving (hubba, hubba! )

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:16 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Talking Hello, Amanda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Panda
I don't usually ogle other men ( ), but a swimmers body is the absolute perfect specimen of the male physique (it's a scientific fact girls - it's the perfect triangle from shoulders to waist, which is why it sets all our hormones racing!). Love Amanda x
Well, not quite ALL of our hormones, Amanda... Some of us are wired a bit differently! I'm so happy to see you back -- and congratulations on jumping back in the saddle and swimming this morning! You're very welcome to join the One Week Challenge a bit late if you'd like! No pressure.....
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:17 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Ha Ha Sarah - I did think of you after I wrote that! Hey, the female swimmers are cute too!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Yeah, I was pretty bummed out to see those full body suits.

My daughter used to be on a swim team, and she would always complain that swimming made her shoulders too broad. I think the women swimmers look awesome, personally. They just seem so strong and fit. I would love to look so lean and strong like that. *Sigh* But I'll settle for 25 lbs. smaller and some muscle definition.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:33 PM   #12  

Some female swimmers look like men, less and less these days, thank goodness. I was watching something on TV about how they used to give female swimmers "vitamins", which turned out to be steroids, and some of the women, were now actually men, because they had taken so much steroids and something that is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't spit it out! I'll remember just as I hit the button to post.. grr! My speed swimming coach was HOT, I remember drooling over him... ahh memories I think male gymnists (I can't spell, but if thats right *high five*) would be hot if they didn't sound like women, and were possibly taller. (Blaine Wilson is 5'4"!! I'm 5'8", thats just wrong, so much for that dream.. )
Old 08-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #13  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Love me some Paul Hamm. I'm all about redheads, anyway. His brother Morgan's pretty cute, too. I wonder how many "Hamm Sandwich" jokes they heard growing up?

Of course, then I remember that Paul's 21 and I'm THIRTY-SEVEN! Conceivably, he's old enough to be my child.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Gretchen, sorry to hear about the lousy commute! Geez louise, it never ends, huh?

Swimgirl, that is one heck of a commute! good luck with the promotion. ::lights the promotion candle::

Apryl, you go girl! One day at a time is right. It can be really overwhelming to think long term, and you're doing great! congrats.

Amanda, good for you braving that weather! I smell something burning- AH! ITS SUCCESS FOR AMANDA!

Sarah, LOL, you are hilarious.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 11:12 PM   #15  

I might not need a promotion, if my bf gets his promotion we'll move, and I won't need a full time job anymore, woohoo!!

I saw the CUTEST thing on TV tonight, apparently carly patterson has a crush on michael phelps. Thats how sad my life is, I'm rooting for Olympic stars to get it on, heh. Jennelle, did you hear about the Hamm brothers and how they got involved in gymnastics? A good story (uh huh, thats right, it's PMS time again, I'm officially a "wuss" for the next week!).