South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 10:34 PM   #1  

Angry I can't believe....

....I took a swan dive off the South Beach pier this afternoon! I was feeling great, my headache disappeared but then we got busy and I didn't have much time for lunch and I went crazy. I had 2 taquitos from 7-11 and a couple of chocolate bars. What the heck was I doing?!?!

So, back to square one tomorrow. At least I know I can make it 48 hours, so I'll at the least shoot for 72. We have a low carb store here in Winnipeg, is there anything you guys can suggest for Phase 1 or 2 that I should look for? Also, do you know of anything I should stay away from?

Kristin
Old 08-19-2004, 10:42 PM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

These first two weeks are the hardest. You really need to make sure that you bring stuff with you to eat so that won't happen. You need to get the full two weeks in, to get the benifits. I now how hard it is and I am home all day long and there are days when I feel that I could cave but I think it is even worse for you chicks that work out of the house. It requires tons of planning. Hope this helps. As for the low carb things if you are meaning treat like things I don't think there are too many you can eat on p1, ie the low carb bars but you should double check with the MODS.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:49 PM   #3  

Thanks for the encouragement! Unfortunately, I did bring food to work but my job is in Mental Health Crisis Services and we run when the clients call. It got so that I hadn't eaten in several hours and was starving so I just had my partner pull into 7-11 between calls out of deperation. Usually it's not so bad and meals can be planned but we had a client complete suicide yesterday so today was more hectic then usual. I wish I could bring lunch with me and snack between calls but it's not always practical or possible. Like I said though, onward and upward. I just start again at day 1 tomorrow!

Kristin
Old 08-19-2004, 11:24 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Most of the low carb food is out of the question. High in fat or full of sugar alcohols. Last time I checked, Dr A didn't like sugar alcohol. Also, you can only have 75 calories a day of sweet treats, so that is just a wee bit of a bar! Just read your labels and watch to see if the ingredients are legal.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:42 AM   #5  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I don't really have any advice for you but I wanted to comment that your attitude is right. Just start over tomorrow and you will get to the end of the two weeks before you know it. Like you said you made it 48 hours now go for 72. You can do it.

As for the lo-carb goodies I don't think there is much for us in that isle because of the sugar alcohols and high fat content. Personally, I finally decided that the sooner I quit looking for goodies (mostly that don't taste good anyway) and accept that there are just certain things I cannot eat any longer the easier it is for me to stay OP.

Good luck beginning today.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:40 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Bunna, that's exactly it. There are so many good and tasty things (like fruit with semi sweet chocolate on Phase 2, Peanut butter, nuts, cheese...) that are OP, it's easier to focus on them rather than go looking for other things.

Kristin, I think you have just the right attitude. If this happens again (the situation, not the eating), try getting a string cheese (most 7-11s have them), some diet soda, and some nuts. Even if you over eat on nuts, it's better than eating something bad for you. If you can get your partner to swing into a fast food place, you can even get a salad...not perfectly OP, but better than eating starches during Phase 1. Make several contingency plans, keep a cooler at work so you can throw your lunch in it and take it with you when you get a call, etc. Make this plan work for you and don't give yourself any reason to have an excuse to eat off plan.

I know you can do this, girl! And it will be SO worth it in the end!

for having to deal with such a very hard situation yesterday. That must have really been emotionally wracking.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:26 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Kristin, I'm sorry you've had difficulty with your eating, and I'm so sorry about your client. My husband works in the same field as you, and sometimes the stress can be overwhelming.
I hope you can get back on track today.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #8  

My goodness, I am sorry to hear about the circumstances but like others said...you have the right attitude.

One idea...my job is drop and run also many days, although not the same kind of stress you face. So I bought a big insulated lunch box, it looks like a mini cooler. I stock it with snacks in the morning. If I can, I stick it in our work fridge but if not, I put freezer packs in there. I swear by string cheese. Its a standby for me. You could grab the bag and munch in the car. Other ideas...keep premade bags of pistachios or other nuts in your car already. It will be easier on P2 cause you can keep some Wasa crispbreads and a little container of natural PB in your car. Or have cut veggies in your cooler bag and the PB for dipping in your car. Just enough to tide you over until you can get to a better quick food place.

Planning is one of the hardest things with SBD. Good luck and go for those 72 hours!
Closed Thread