View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 08:16 AM   #7
chubbylady
Working on a better ME

Good Morning Ladies! I can understand the frustration with exercising and the scale not move. Remember though that muscle weighs more than fat. I have to keep reminding myself of that fact.

I went to a nutritionist last week, I was told that I wasn't eating enough calories - even though I was eating all the time. My average calorie intake is around 800 per day. Here is a sample of what a normal menu would be:

Fruit - strawberries, raspberries, kiwi and blueberries
Protein Drink - made with 1% milk
Grilled chicken salad - no dressing
Grilled veggies
Grilled fish, shrimp, chicken, turkey and on occasion a very lean steak (of course not all in the same day)
gallon of water

I have increased the amount of calories over the past week, as told by the nutritionist for around 1200 - I have gained about 2 lbs. I know that it will take my body some time to adjust to the increased calories - I am just hoping not to much time.

The dance DVD's are very nice and I can feel it the next day. It's a lot of fun to boot. I try and walk 3 miles a day - as my body will allow and do a DVD a day. I have dance, pilates, stability ball and yoga videos/DVD's, so I can change things up on a daily basis. I have gone from a size 16 to a 14 without losing any weight - even though I would love to see the scale move under 170. My daughter is getting married next Friday, I was am hoping to see the scale at 169. My daughter has 5 children - figured it was about time the 2 of them got married! I also have 2 teenage boys at home 15 & 17 who keep me on my toes!

Well, I'm off to work, you ladies have a great day!

Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote