South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 04:59 PM   #1  
Canada

Default I miss GRAVY and SAUCES! help!!!

I used to have gravy and sauce on everything. I am in Phase 1 wk2 and am doing amazing. PLEASE if anyone has p1 recipies for anything that can go on meat or vegtables... Please post for me! Thks in advance. I need to get over this hump.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:54 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Totally!

I find that I get the best recipes from www.cookinglight.com (you have to register, but it's free and worth the time). They included sauces that are awesome!

As for gravy, once you get to Phase II, you can make your own with mushrooms and whole wheat flour. Yum!

That said, perhaps all those sauces and gravies were part of why you ended up on SBD in the first place. I know that eating tons of ice cream and all sorts of unhealthy things is why I'm here...and part of losing this weight, for good, is to relearn how to eat in a more healthy way. So try to learn some new sauces that are healthy, and stop using sauces where you can to try to cut the calories and fat from your diet.

That doesn't mean losing flavor...just losing the bad fats and excess calories where they aren't needed. You know what I mean?

Check out Cooking light for great ideas. And try cooking with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar...that makes an awesome sauce! (check out the Balsalmic green beans recipe in the forums...my DH and I love it!)
Old 08-17-2004, 07:11 PM   #3  
Canada

Default thks

""I find that I get the best recipes from www.cookinglight.com (you have to register, but it's free and worth the time). They included sauces that are awesome!"""

I will for sure try it out. I just tried the Taco Bake recipie I found here. That is really good! I am just tired of Chicken and cheese or chicken and herbs and spices....

Thanks for the heads up!!
Glad to be here!~

Sandra
Closed Thread