Old 08-15-2004, 11:12 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile Weekly Weigh-In August 16 - 22

Hello, everyone, and welcome to a new week! Gretchen, I've got your back, babe -- gonna get this thread up on-time so we can all celebrate the progress, the maintenance, and the lessons learned.

I'll start: I'm down 2 pounds, for a total of 54 YTD. I was sooooo hoping to hit 229 this past week, but alas, it was not to be. I had some in laws in town (my partner's sis and her kids) and, while I definitely didn't go over on calories, I did opt to eat off plan, so I know I'm packing some water weight. I'm ok with it because there's no mystery -- it was planned, and it's temporary. I am going to be SO excited to be in the 220's though!!! It's a funny thing, perspective, isn't it?? There was a time I was mortified to be in the 220's, and now when I hit them, I'm going to be stupid happy!

Can't wait to hear how everyone's doing!!

Last edited by lessofsarahtolove; 08-15-2004 at 11:14 PM.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #2  
i see the stars in me

hey so i am 3 lbs away from my second labor day challenge goal. Currently i am 188. which means i lsot 2 lbs since last week. I'mt ryign really hard i wanna be as skinny as i can before i go back to college.

Speaking of college i am soo nervous i wont be able to stick to my diet i leave in about 2 weeks a bit less and when i am there i will be eating in the dining hall. they do uhave salad and chicken and stuff but u can only eat that soo much. I might ask if there is a diet meal plan when i get there because i dont wanna climb again. I love being under 200 and i never wanna see that 2 in the front again.

do any of u have any suggestions bout dorm living?
faded_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:58 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

You all are doing great. Good Idea on asking if there is a diet plan. I bet being a college they have a nutritionist available. Maybe you could look into that.

Sarah you are doing great You will get into the 20's in no time. Me I am looking forward to getting out of the 70's. I have been here for 8 weeks and that is long enough.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Yeah Sarah 2 lbs down!!
It's really nice you planned on going off the plan and was ready for the results. It's the gaining w/o planning that throws ppl off. I'm sure it is water gain. Your doing such a great job. You have a wonderful eating/workout plan. My weight - in isn't til Wed. But I'm not sure if I will cos Aunt Flow will be visiting. I don't know if I can handle seeing the weight gain even if I know the reason behind it.

Elle maybe you can have some food made up before you go. (your getting a frig right?) That way you can start out right then you can see what campus food they have to offer. U R very strong! Keep it up. You have a whole new life that is going to start. Keep in touch and keep up the good work!!
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:51 AM   #5  
Getting back on track!

Hello! Is it O.K if I join this....
I started a week ago and I've just weighed myself and have lost 4 pounds. I was 222 now I'm 218. It's my 33rd birthday in 2 days -This is the year of weight loss and taking control - so next year, even if its raining (living in the U.K it probiably will be!!) I AM GOING TO CELEBRATE MY 34th IN A BIKINI!!!!!

Well done Sarah and Elle!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:04 AM   #6  
Abby's Mommy

Good Morning All!!
I must say congrats to everyone who has lost this week!!
--Sarah, good job staying under you designated calories, even if you did go off plan! I'da' probably had a junk food fest.
--Howie, You'll be off that '70's platau by next week! You're doing so fantastic! I've even talked to my husband about you, and he's started to cut back, and says he'll start walking with me!!So thanks for that!!!
--Elle, have you heard of the freshman 15? When I went to live in my dorm, I gained a freshman 35...and kept gaining from there, eventually topping a 100 pound gain! Whatever you do, don't become a lazy slug in college! I know those fridges are small, so keep it stocked with nutricious foods, like: chopped veges and lowfat dip, yogurt, cottage cheese , skim or 1% milk, etc. If you're going to be going home on a few weekends per month, you could cook up some healthy muffins to last for a week, and keep LOTS of fruits on hand. DO NOT fall victom to ordering in food like I did! Good Luck!!

As for me-- I lost 3 pounds this week, putting me at 40 gone!!! YAY!!!
I stayed on plan all week, ate alot of lowfat dairy (one of my goals), drank alot of water,and walked 11 miles! I'm really excited about starting a new week, knowing that Im finally doing something right!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:32 PM   #7  

2 pounds down. Though, that given that the rest of the month was a 1/2 pound loss, 1/2 pound loss, and a pound gain, this is still glacial speed.

It'll take me approximately 5 years at this rate to lose all the weight I want!
Scuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:58 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

Elle, great job on the 2 pounds! You must be so excited to be so close to your revised Labor Day goal -- maybe you need to up that goal again just a bit! I'll get back to you in a little while regarding the plan of attack for going back to school. But really, you're doing so well!!!

Howie, you will get out of the 70's very soon, I feel it! How's the plan going these days? Are you sticking to the same amount of calories each day or are you cycling now? Do you have time to exercise at all? I'm rooting for you right down to my toes, Mr. H -- hey, how's Mrs. H doing these days? Please give her my best!

Annie-Rose, WELCOME!!! Very nice to have you with us!! And what an entrance -- Congrat's on the 4 pounds!! And I hope you have an absolutely lovely and either on plan, or not too far off plan birthday! You've got the right attitude -- really make up your mind to do something, and there's no telling what you can accomplish! I look forward to hearing more good news from you and getting to know you better here! Be sure to reach out if you need anything -- this is a wonderful group of knowledgeable, supportive people.

Amy Jo, , you sweetheart -- I'm so proud of you I could burst! 3 pounds indeed!!!! 40 pounds is such a milestone!!! You need to give yourself SUCH a pat on the back, girlfriend! (Or maybe some lovely bonnet to wear to the derby, whenever that is! ) Seriously, great job. Sounds like you've really hit your stride, and know what works for you. I'm really so happy for you.

Scuttle, I'm really happy to hear about the 2 pounds!! Did you do anything differently this past week than during the weeks prior? Maybe you need to tweak your eating or exercise routines to shake things up a bit. If you find yourself looking for an objective perpsective on your program, I'm sure there are some folks here who'd love to lend a helping hand (and mind!) -- myself included. We're here for you in any way you need. I know from experience that it can be frustrating when you're putting in the effort and not seeing the results on the scale. Do you gauge your success in any other way? Like body fat percentage, or inches, or clothing sizes? I send you hugs and well wishes, and an open offer of support. You'll get there, just don't get discouraged. When I was plateauing, I just really made a point of changing things around for a bit, and while I did that, I promised myself I wouldn't throw in the towel. It can be a long road, but it does lead us in the right direction -- backwards is just not an option. Sorry to go on and on, but my heart goes out to you -- I really want to help.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:15 PM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I got to get out of this habbit of weighing myself so much. I weighed today and it says I have lost 7 lbs from when I weighed Thursday. I don't know if that is possible or not. I had someone else go back and weigh and she said it weighed her 4 lbs heavier than her scale. So maybe I did lose it. I guess I have to go with it I have no other way of checking. Of course I don't officialy weigh in until Thursday. I have lost as much as 11 lbs in one week in past diets. Maybe this will be one of those weeks.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Well, Monday is my weigh-in day, but because of work I got up, and ate right away. So I jumped on the scale after that, and it said I'm up 2 pounds from last week. So I'm going to postpone my weigh in until Wednesday (I have to get up and eat right away tomorrow if I plan on eating at all), another "issue" I had today was I had a stomach cramp, couldn't figure out what it was... I was kinda freaked, but in a fit of hunger I ate a bran muffin that someone had brought into work. And without giving you too many details, I probably lost a few pounds, heh.. are you all grossed out now? I'm gonna be a good girl until then, so hopefully I can be down some by Wednesday. "Aimee-pa-looza" is this week too, so I shouldn't expect to lose any weight (Aimee-pa-looza is my birthday week!!). Good job on your losses everyone, great job on that loss Howie!!
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I'm going to count this week as two, i usually weigh in on wed. officially but had my wisdom teeth pulled so i'm on liquid diet, which will give me 'false hope' i'm guessing... so from last week to yesterday, i was down 2 to 230. I can't wait to be in the 220s either, sarah!

Congrats everyone.. you're all doing marvelous. Swimgirl, yeah, wait and see.. you will probably be pleasantly surprised
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #12  
I climb mountains!

Thumbs up Woo Hoo!!

So Howie, are you going with the 7 pounds??? That's so great!! Is Thursday your official weigh-in day? I'm confused but excited! Be sure to give us the official count, ok?? We love you, man!

Aimee, you're making me laugh! Bran and Aimeepalooza -- you're too funny. Enjoy your birthday week -- and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Can't wait to hear Wednesday's weigh-in results!

CONGRATULATIONS, Dana, on the two pounds! You and I are neck and neck -- and now we're both going to be working our little tushies off (can you hear our elevated heart rates now??) on this one week challenge thingie....I predict great success for both of us! Hey, how are the teef, you poor sweetie? Did you get anything from the tooth fairy?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Sarah, thanks! Congratulations to you too. You are doing so amazingly well. My teeth are fine, but I won't lie- it was no walk in the park. My left cheek is quite swollen and it feels/looks like there's a golf ball in there, but my right one is fine because that one wasn't impacted. I have swelling meds and pain killers so I should be back to normal in the next day or two.

Howie, you are ROCKING the weight loss ferris wheel! Good for you!!

You too, Jennifer: you know you'll get all that weight off.

Elle, it's not your first year in college, is it? You probably know what kind of food your school caf offers. I am actually really excited about going back- limited times to eat and limited selection so I won't get overwhelmed. Sure there's lots of fattening, yucky things but there are also things like veggie burgers, tuna sandwiches, salad bar, etc etc that'll keep you on track. My biggest vice is the grocery store snacks I seem to get myself when I'm "studying." This year I"m getting some yogurt and veggies and that's it. If you don't leave stuff around to graze on, well, you can't graze. Good luck!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #14  

Sarah, fantastic job as always!! I need some of your inspiration. I'm in such a rut right now it is killing me. I just want to eat all day long. I am almost positive that it is boredom eating. I think if I were at home I would not be doing this as much.

FM, way to go!! Dorm living sure is tricky. I think maybe if you keep healthy snacksin your room and try to eat on plan at the dining facility it will keep you on track. You seem so dedicated I think that you are going to have excellent will power and tackle dorm living. You can do it!!

Annie-Rose, what a wonderful start you are having!! I love your goal. I predict that 34 is going to be your lucky number!! Happy Birthday!!

Scuttle, I hear ya! I'm in such a rut right now that I feel like I will never get this weight gone. Alas though, we shall overcome that and eventually get to where we need to be.

Howie, does that mean we will get your official loss on Thursday?? I'm a little confused. While I was at my mom's I stepped on the scale everyday. I was so excited one day when it said I was down four pounds. Well, next day I was right back up there. Lesson: Don't get to excited. It would be so great though if that is your loss for the week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!

Hehehe Aimee, you are to funny!! Let us know how the second weigh-in goes.

Amy Jo, Woohoo!! You did wonderful for the week!! Congrats on hitting the 40 pound mark. I am super proud of you.

Dana, You are going to be in the 220's in no time! Great job on your loss of 2 pounds for the week. I hope that you are feeling ok after the wisdom teeth extraction. I need to have mine done, but there never seems to be a good time to do it.

Ok, as for me. I am down to 209. That is one pound off the 9 that I gained back when I quit smoking. It is going very slowly but that is mostly my fault. I can't get my eating under control. Like I stated before I think that I am eating out of boredom. My routine has so changed from what I am used to. I need to get some control over it. I am thankful though that I have not gained further. So, I'm not doing to terribly bad but not as good as I would like to. You all have a good week and keep booking down the weight loss road!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks to Sarah for getting this started this week! I was away. I also did not weigh in. I did pretty good this weekend but I missed weigh in, actually I forgot to take my scale with me. I will weigh in next week. Hopefully I will have a nice loss.

Sarah, mark it in your calendar... you will have to start the thread Sept 5 and Sept 12. I will be on vacation at the beach and will not have access to a computer. Ohhh I can't WAIT for VACATION!!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote