Old 08-14-2004, 03:27 AM   #1  

Unhappy looking for some good people to rely on

well, well, here i go again..promising to lose 100 lbs. promising myself for the hundreth time.. i am hoping that i can stay in this club of 100 lbs. for a long time i need some tlc and some food advice on what to eat yeah kind of feeling foolish with all the times i have tried and failed but i am hoping that i can make friends here for a long time. so any wisdom would be appreciated and friendship welcomed thanx for listening and i hope to hear from all of you
jamalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:30 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalyn
well, well, here i go again..promising to lose 100 lbs. promising myself for the hundreth time.. i am hoping that i can stay in this club of 100 lbs. for a long time i need some tlc and some food advice on what to eat yeah kind of feeling foolish with all the times i have tried and failed but i am hoping that i can make friends here for a long time. so any wisdom would be appreciated and friendship welcomed thanx for listening and i hope to hear from all of you
to be or not to be...i want to be...100 lbs lighter!
Old 08-14-2004, 04:20 AM   #3  

Hi Jamalyn,
Welcome to 3FC, I'm new here myself but have found the forum an immemse form of support and help.

I'd recommend browsing past threads, as there are so many stories that will inspire you and also great advice.

If you are feeling overwhelmed by the task ahead, then I would recommend just taking it one day at a time, and go back to basics: eat healthly and do exercise as often as you can.

It isn't as easy as that of course, and there are bad weeks. If I feel like cracking - those moments when I just want to eat and eat and eat - I try and ask myself 'what do I really want more? To eat these crisps or to lose a pound this week?'.

Good luck
Katey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

You sound alot like me,.. i want to do it and I keep telling myself, etc but i just cant actually do it,.. ive failed a hundred times but im getting ready for day 3 of a healthier me! Im not totallly going healthy all at once,.. making a few changes here and there,..watch portions and snacking,..drinking more water, but i am on my way, and you can do it too! Just make small changes..:-) *hugs*
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:58 AM   #5  

Hey hon. I'm a newbie myself, but I wanted to offer my TLC. I know its hard, but I know its doable. I've read so many posts from all these wonderful people. You and I both are in wonderful company. I have over 200lbs to lose, but as I decided last night, baby steps are the way to go. My mistake was trying to change so much so fast. I know I cant do that, but I know with all these wonderful ladies taking our hands and guiding us, we can learn to walk the path of health. So, consider this a hand from a sister who knows where you want to go and knows where you have been, and together we can learn the way.
GypsyWytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:34 AM   #6  

Hi Jamalyn, and welcome.

There are plenty of people here who have been fighting this particular battle for a long time, so you are in good company! As the good people before me have said.....baby steps, all the way. I think it also helps if you do some research, to help you decide what eating/exercise approach you want to take....and keep experimenting as you go, so that you find a new lifestyle, something that is sustainable.

And finally - just keep being good to yourself. You deserve it!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #7  

i want to thank you all for the great support you are giving to me. i hope to be in touch with you all in my postings...looking forward to it and thank you all once again!
Old 08-14-2004, 03:30 PM   #8  
Getting back on track!

Hi Jamalyn!
Like you I feel that I've tried to lose weight and failed over and over again. I found this qoute by James J Corbett which I think really helps..."To become a champion fight one more round." It isn't about if or how many times we fail but it's about getting up again and carrying on.
I really hope we can encourage each other and just think how great we'll feel when we see our weight start to come off!!!
love Anniex
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:31 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hey, Jamalyn -- WELCOME! It's all up to you. Coming here and introducing yourself was an important step, and we're here for you. I advise that you stay present here, read old threads, follow the posts of the folks with whom you click or whose loss strikes a cord with you. Just really soak up all the inspiration, knowledge, and positive messages you can.....The rest is up to you. There are so many approaches to losing weight here, and so many of them are successful -- the key is that your means of losing it is sustainable over the long haul. How you lose it should be how you keep it off long term.

You need to know that you ABSOLUTELY CAN do this......start with one positive change, and then build upon it. Know also that we're all here for you, too, Jamalynn.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 05:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

It can be a very valuable tool to try and sometimes fail at losing weight, because you are learning what your body likes and dislikes. No ones weight loss plan is going to be the same, and you need to learn to tweak your plan to yield maximum weight loss. Also, be kind to yourself, everyone tends to mess up once in a while, it's taken how many years of bad eating to get to where you are? You can't just change overnight, or I know I sure can't! Definitely read over some past posts, these guys and gals are so positive they can motivate anyone
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:47 PM   #11  

hey all..i joined a gym..step one..but for now i am under doctors care for some virus i have..im going to see her tomorrow..ill keep in touch with you all..a gym..yeah!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 01:54 PM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

No need to feel foolish here. We have all tried many times. The thing is not to give up. We all have it in us to do this. Your off to a great start so keep up the good work.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:14 PM   #13  

howie thank you for the encouragement..you remind me of my son who is in florida.you look alike..anyway..thank you..jamalyn
Old 08-15-2004, 02:22 PM   #14  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

He must be a great looking guy. LOL
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:12 PM   #15  
Live for the Moment!

Welcome!

This club is full of encouragement and support... Like others have already said, read through some of our old threads.. It will really help you!

You've definetly come to the right place, all of us have tried to do this many times and let me tell you, we all slip... we all have bad days, BUT whats different this time is that we learn to live with those moments and move on.

Post often and Good Luck
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote