Old 08-09-2004, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#555

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We have a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #2  

Hmmm, try to offer a little Monday morning motivation and everyone disappears.

I just got back from my evening dog walk. I had planned on doing an exercise vid tonight but it just wasn't a great evening. Does anyone else's DH ever just lose his mind and pick a fight? He was just insane tonight and it all boils down to him feeling inferior. Sometimes my being so physical makes him feel less of a husband because his physical abilities are limited due to the neuropathy. Its hard to feel empathy when he's being a big dumba$$. And what set him off tonight...I mentioned that I had read Dr. Phil's book at lunch. He turned it into how Dr. Phil makes all men look like the bad guy and how all the wives are listening to Dr Phil and not their husbands well when you say stupid stuff like that...no we're not listening. How women think Dr Phil and Oprah who brought her into it? know everything and we live and die by them. Well now hon, you're showing your a$$. They won't admit the real reason why they hate Dr. Phil is that he is more supportive than they are. Geez, all I wanted to do was share something amusing. At least whatever bug crawled up his butt, crawled out again.

I'm off to bed so that I can get up and do some exercise in the morning.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:11 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Caution: I'm ranting again!

Hi All! Have I mentioned how crazy my mother is making me??? The Dr. wrote "no driving" on her discharge papers. You would think he cut off her right arm, I swear! My mother has a distinct problem with the words "could you" and "would you please". Frankly, they don't exist in her vocabulary! Argh.... As I've told you, I pretty much cleared my schedule for the month in order to accommodate taking her to all of her card games and her PT appointments. Well, today, she gets into it with me again about how she's ok to drive and she doesn't understand why she can't. So I made up my mind that I was just going to give her back her handicap sticker and tell her to do what she wants. So I get to her condo to pick her up for PT and I'm loaded for bear. She starts in so I tell her, "do what you want. I'm not the one liable if you get into an accident. I'm not spending the rest of my life or yours arguing with you. Do whatever you want." She gets mad at me and my attitude! Argh..... She says "the Dr. didn't tell me I couldn't drive. It just says so on my discharge papers." So here I go again and tell her, "I'm sure that the nurse went over this with you before you were discharged because they have to and you probably didn't hear it since YOU WEREN'T WEARING YOUR HEARING AID IN THE HOSPITAL!!!"

End of rant!

Soooooo, how are you all? Must all be out doing stuff all day as I've checked in several times and there doesn't seem to be much activity here today.

Terri: I don't think it's your Monday Motivation that scared everyone off, it's probably me and my continuous ranting. * Glad hubby's "bug" has moved on! Who knows what gets into men's heads (or a$$e$ sometimes?). Glad you guys kissed and made up.

Lisa: Hi! Glad you checked in to wish us a happy Monday!

2cute: You're getting down to the wire. I'm sure there will be lots of tears come the end of the week. Are the girls going across from Joplin through St. Louis, to Indianapolis and up I-69??? That was pretty good travelling when Susie and I came your way.

Mary: Have a safe trip.

Gonna run. Time for bed. Honey leaves for Breckville, OH tomorrow for business. Just a one day trip so I won't have much bachelorette time. See ya tomorrow. I'll try not to have anything to rant about next time. Thanks for listening......again. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:49 AM   #4  

Thumbs up

Late for work but wanted to say Good Morning.

I didn't get to walk last night because it was my brother birthday and I was there all night - anyway my blister still hurts.

Have a good Tuesday!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:55 AM   #5  

Default A little Dr Phil to start the morning....

I read the chapter about our "Circle of Support" and I thought it had a lot of good points. My Tuesday Tip of the Day is for us to look at how we're doing as a support group. We're more than just a weight loss support group because so many of us have met and we go much deeper into friendship. But let's not lose sight of what we can be doing for each other as friends. Because we do care about each other.

Here's what he had to say:

Quote:
Another way to create accoutability is to join a support group for people like you who have weight and overeating problems. But make sure the support group you join has a focus toward the positive, in which its members share what is working for them without whining, without complaints, and without excuses. If there is a spirit of negativity in the air, this can drain the joy and encouragement from the experience. When you leave a support group each time, you should feel encouraged, inspired and uplifted.
Quote:
Always remember that it is your job to manage your weight; it is your accountability source's job to help and support you. Ultimately, only you - and you alone - are responsible for getting your weight under control.
Also, think about what we each contribute to the group as far as a role.

Are you a cheerleader? Cheering others on? Looking for ways to motivate?

Are you a coach? Someone with knowledge about nutrition and fitness?

Are you a teammate? Someone who is also working out and following a program so that others don't feel like they are doing it alone?

Are you an umpire? Someone who listens to other's troubles but gently pushing them off the couch, away from the food and back onto program?

Things to think about so that we're giving each other the best support possible.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:05 AM   #6  

Thin - what's to say? Mothers...can't live with them and can't kill them. Take a breath, try not to slap her upside the head because that's what I want to do to my mom, and get her to call the doc's office to have them tell her about the driving. Good luck! Oh and I didn't post that about whining because you ranted about your mom!

Lucky - I used to get blisters all the time when I used to do 10k walks. Blisters usually come about due to friction. Friction is usually due to inadequate socks or sweaty feet. You might try looking for some diabetic socks and foot spray to help cut down on moisture. I used to drain the blister and then use "New Skin". It burns though.

Have a good day everyone!

P.S. 25 minutes on the airdyne this morning. Running a little late because the dog was barking at 4:30 because he thought he saw something outside on the deck. He's lucky he didn't feel my boot in his butt! Now he's laid up snoring.

Last edited by Terri in MO; 08-10-2004 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Got a kick in the butt

Hi all,

Well, yesterday I went to the doctors office to get the staples removed. That wasn't so bad. A couple of them stung a little but nothing painful. Then he decided to tape me up. That is all well and good, he said things look great, and that I am doing good. Then he said that there was no swimming for atleast another 2 weeks. He said that there was no weight lifting, nothing that involves my abdomen. I can do some light aerobics or ride the bike or . He said that I shouldn't start a drastic diet change at this time either as my body is still healing. So I can't start my diet until atleast the beginning of next month. So that means and and all the dairy I want until then. Not really all I want, but at least some. I understand his reasoning and it all makes sense, but I wanted to get going. However, I will live. He also said that I can occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, but only from a standing position, I shouldn't be lifting off the ground. He says if I can go a month without really lifting, that I shouldn't have a reoccurence of the hernia. He said that when they went in that it was worse then what he thought, so not to push myself. And I think for once I am going to listen, or at least really try to listen to the doctor. I'm just stubborn, Like Thin's Mom

Thin, I empathize with you and your mom. I know how my husband feels having to put up with me. He lets me know. But I understand what your mom is feeling. When you are a productive independent individual, and all of that is taken away from you it is hard to come to terms with. I am suffering with that right now. And I have always been the type of person that didn't like to bother people for simple things that I thought I should and could be able to do myself. I thought I was going to go nuts when I couldn't drive and the first day out there I was scared but I felt so good that I could do something for myself. I don't think your mom should be driving if she is not suppose to be and maybe the only way to stop her is to take the keys away. Just say "hey I took this time out for you and myself, I could use a break from all the other things I got going on so let's enjoy it while we can." I'll be praying for you all.

So I am going out to the store to find this Dr. Phil book. I have only seen his show a couple of times. You'd think being stuck at home for a couple of weeks that I would have seen it, but I am not much of a television watcher. I only watch a couple of shows and we don't have cable, cause if I had cable I would be sitting and flipping through channels. Anyway, back to work full time tomorrow, so I am going to enjoy my last day of peace before I go back. Oh joy, I am still tired so I hope I can get through the day. I am also going to ride my bike today, so keep that I remember how to do it, at least it is a stationary bike I kill me.

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default New Pictures

Hi all,

I added pictures to the picture thread. My animals and my

Thin, I love the picture of the rainbow, that is absolutely beautiful. And it is a doulble rainbow which makes it twice as nice.

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:29 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
Just a quickie hello! Sorry for the drive by post. Work has been nuts the past couple days. Today is DH's B-day so I am trying to finish up here so I can race home to make him dinner and cake and wrap his presents.

I hope to have more time tomorrow to visit!

Lisa --- Sorry I missed your IM... I was in a meeting and then came back and you were gone! Maybe next time!

Chow for now!
Love Ya'll!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:47 PM   #10  
Lisa

Hey gals - things have been super hectic around here! Feels like I'm a chicken running around with it's head cut off!

Anyway, no time to post much. I just wanted to let you all know that I've been here off and on reading so I'm not behind on posting. And, I just wanted to say 'HI!'

Dh's interview is tonight, he's not home yet, so I'll be back later for personals and an update. Now I'm going to go out and walk in our October weather. It's cloudy and about 55* here. TTYL!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:30 PM   #11  

Smile

Terri: I don't suppose your hubby would want to hear, "If all men listened to Dr. Phil everyone would be happier"?

There was a guy where I used to work that would just "go off" about Oprah. Everytime I listened to him all I could think was "you are just pi$$ed off because she is a woman with money!!!"

I love this:
Always remember that it is your job to manage your weight; it is your accountability source's job to help and support you. Ultimately, only you - and you alone - are responsible for getting your weight under control.

BUT it would sure be easier if I could make someone else do it for me!!!

Thin: Parents!!!! What can ya do???

SKittles: Good luck at work Wed.

Lisa:It is cold and the wind is blowing so hard here you have to fight it to stay upright! So I didn't get a walk in but glad you did.

I know my blister is from wearing my old socks - I don't know what I was thinking However, that is helping me get rid of this one. During my walk Sunday I noticed my foot hurt and stopped and adjusted my sock, but it still hurt. So, not wanting to be a quitter I kept going. Was I shocked when I got home to find my sock all bloody. The real problem is the blister is on the inside of my foot on the bone right below my big toe. I can't get any of my shoes on. Maybe I should consider myself lucky that it is so cold and windy so my foot gets another day of rest!

Off to read, Terri is ahead of me!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:50 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi All! Just stopping in to tell you I did 6 reps on the evil pilates machine. I have no form! But I will get to 10 reps by the end of the week, I will, I will! WooHoo! I WILL master the dang thing. I don't want to pack up 100 pounds and send it back!

Terri: "Oh and I didn't post that about whining because you ranted about your mom!" Yeah, sure, right you didn't!!! So was the entrance to my post this evening more "supportive". *she says with attitude*

Lisa: Glad you're getting your walk in. I wish my legs and back would carry me. That's why I'm trying so desperately to work the "evil" machine!

Lucky: Well, honey, if you got wind tonight, I'll have it tomorrow. And they did say on the 5:00 news that we were going to be storming tomorrow. Fun. I wish you guys would keep that stuff on your side of the lake.

Skittles: Too bad about no water or food plan yet. But that's certainly understandable. *Hope your first day back at work isn't too trying.

BarbPA: Tell hubby we all wish him a wonderful birthday. Hope you two have a wonderful time celebrating.

Mother is better today. I haven't talked to her all day! Well, that's a lie. I called her this morning to see if she needed anything since I was going out. She said she was getting some cards ready for the next time I came by. I'm guessing maybe she listened to me, just a little bit, yesterday.

Gotta run. It's the finale of Joe Schmo on Spike TV tonight. See ya later. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:07 PM   #13  
Hang In There

Thin, Remember all my post about my Mom when Dad died, then she had her surgery? Thank goodness she had gotten a life back! What got me was that all of a sudden, she couldn't do anything she'd been doing!!!

Terri: Can I be the bench warmer? KNOW the rules and what I'm supposed to be doing, but actually getting into the game?? I donn'tknow!!!

And I don't know if I mistyped or everyone misread, but it's my Sister not SIL (thank goodness) that will be going to work with us.

My SjS is really acting up this week, I really feel bad, so I think I'm going to bed here at 8:00. See you all tomorrow.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:08 PM   #14  

Good evening gals!

We had a great night tonight. The weather is perfect. However, we've been trying to get "adult" night on the boat with two sets of our neighbors and its going to be too cool this week. Whodathunkit in August? DH and I instead went out to the barn. I told DH that tonight I just wanted to go relax. I put them out and we sat in the van watching them. Like going to a drive-in movie. Ginger got down and rolled which was great to watch because she was able to get up and not be in pain.

No arguing tonight either. I even talked about Dr. Phil. I explained that the reason why so many women think he is so great is because he makes them feel like a man understands what they feel, think and want - compared to hubby's that are clueless. And that makes a lot of hubbies feel inferior and threatened. And men hate Oprah for about the same reasons as well as the jealous of her money thing. I think they also know deep down that what Dr P and O have to say is right and they don't want to admit. Those are blanket statements and its my opinion and it doesn't apply to all men. That's my disclaimer.

Oops, time for Amazing Race. Then time for bed.

Thin -

Lucky - Nasty place for a blister. Also, you can try moleskin to help prevent frictioin in the future. You can find it at Osco or a Wal-mart.

Have a great evening!
Old 08-11-2004, 07:46 AM   #15  

Thumbs up

And where would one find moleskin at Wal-Mart? WHAT is it ?????

Good Morning!!! (wishful thinking)

It is cold here but the wind has let up!!! So, tomorrow Thin, your weather should be better!

Off to work