General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/252/145

Height: 5' 7"

Question Need info on "The Hamptons Diet" - by Fred Pescatore

Does anyone have any info on "The Hamptons Diet" by Fred Pescatore, MD.?

Has anyone used "MacNut Oil" macadamia nut oil?

Are organic eggs really healthier for you?

Fresh water fish vs farm raised fish?

Omega-9, Omega-6, Omega 3 ???

"Lean Mystique" supplement?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Faith~
Faith~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:38 PM   #2  
Me, myself and I

I did a search on Google for the Hampton's diet, the first site is the one about the diet, it has links on it for the Suppliment, and on further digging I am hoping it will have the answers. I am interested in this version of a Low Carb woe as well, I will let you know if I find anything out myself.
And about Organic eggs, remember what the chicken eats, is also what comes out in the eggs, this is why I like the eggs that have Omega 3's in it.
Lady Lamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:42 PM   #3  

I just started the diet and i've read the book. Its all about eating healthy fats rather than things like bacon and porkrinds. He list a few supplements that would be helpfull but you don't have to take them in order to lose weight. He does push the MacNut oil but says that the next best thing would be olive oil and avocado oil. I started the diet on Monday and so far i've lost 3lbs. I like this diet because i know that i make it a life style. It has phases where you add in more foods once your closer to goal. I hope that helps a little.

erica
matterame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/252/145

Height: 5' 7"

Yvonne, Erica, thank you for the info.

I've been searching for the book at Sam's, Walmart, Target, 1/2 price books and can't find it. So I guess I'll go ahead and order it on-line. I was wanting to look through it first.

Erica, you say you've read the book; is it worth buying? Is it pretty informative or does it still leave you guessing about a lot of it?

This is what I've found from my research; is this pretty much it?

Omega 9: Macadamia nut oil, extra virgin olive oil & avocados

Omega 3: Seafood, nuts, flaxseeds & organic eggs

Lean Meat

Unlimited non-starchy veggies

Limit fruit to one a day

AVOID: bread, pasta and other high-carb foods, artificial sweeteners

I bought the "MacNut oil" at my local health food store & really like the way it tastes. My understanding is that it's the "key" to the diet.

Anyway I started this monday and I'm down 6 pounds. We'll see how it goes now that the water weight is gone.

Thanks again,

Faith~
224/218/125
Faith~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #5  

Well it sound like your doing pretty good. I started on Tuesday and i've lost 4lbs. If you'd like a detailed list of all the foods you can and can't eat and to know what the phases are about then i'd buy it. I got mine on amazon.com. I ordered the e-book. Its only about a dollar cheaper than the actual book but you'd also be saving on the shipping cost and you get it the same day. But anyway as for the fruit you can only eat berrys in the first phase. Oh and it has alot of recipes that i think sound good, some seem a little to fancy for me. But it all depends on your cooking level. If you'd like an email bubby I'm up for that you can email me at [email protected]
erica
matterame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/201/110

Height: 5'1"

Hello! I just read about this diet in a magazine and I was wondering if y'all have had any success with it since you started? It looks like a healthy way to eat low-carb, but I am curious as to if it is really that much different from atkins or south beach. Any advice/info would be welcome!!!
chelle567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:40 PM   #7  

Hamptons site has some good nutritional advice. Organic eggs are better because the chicken feed tends to come from a variety of sources rather than one single source.

I wonder if the MacNut oil is a little bit cheeky. When we did our review of the diet, we discovered that Fred Pescatore is involved with setting up an importer into the US for the stuff. Seems like a little bit of 'conflicted interest' there.

I've gone one step further and got my own laying hens... now I truly know they're organic
BigJimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote