Thread: Super Salads!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 06:40 AM   #5
ellis

Height: 5'-2"

Default Grilled Cheddar and Chicken Salad

Grilled Cheddar and Chicken Salad
This salad is from Linda Gassenheimer's cookbook "low-carb meals in minutes" for those of you who have this book.

2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp warm water
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 lb roasted chicken breast,chopped (I stir-fried chicken breast with garlic and used that still warm...yummy )
1 medium size green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 large tomatoes, sliced
2 slices reduced-fat, aged cheddar cheese (1 1/2 ounces) (I used shredded cheddar cheese )

Preheat the broiler. Combine the mayo, water, and mustard in a medium-size bowl. Add the chicken, bell pepper, onion, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste, and toss well. Place the tomato slices on an ovenproof dish or on a foil-lined baking tray, and season with a little salt and pepper. Spread with chicken salad, and tear cheese slices into small pieces to fit over the chicken salad. Broil for 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts, and serve. Makes 2 servings.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote