Thread: Chicken recipes
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 12:33 AM   #6
sweetnsassyfied
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Default chicken and feta burgers

this was so fabulous! first time outta the gate i made it for guest's....they loved it too!! i will post the original recipe and how i barely tweeked it...

Feta-Stuffed Chicken Burgers

POINTS® value | 5
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 15 min
Cooking Time | 16 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

main meals | Salty feta cheese adds a kick to these poultry-based burgers – nobody will miss the beef.

Ingredients

1 pound uncooked ground chicken breast
1 Tbsp fresh oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
7 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
4 small wheat pita(s)
4 piece lettuce, romaine
2/3 cup roasted red peppers, sliced (without oil)
5 small olive(s), black, sliced (about 4 tsp)

Instructions

Preheat grill or broiler.

Mix chicken, oregano, garlic powder and feta together in a medium-sized bowl; divide mixture into four balls and then press them gently into patties.

Grill or broil patties until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165°F, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.

Serve each burger in a pita with a lettuce leaf, 1/4 of peppers and 1 teaspoon of olives.

**Tweeked: i bought a 2 kilo bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast. thawed them then sliced, diced, and used the smaller container for my blender to "grind" it as much as possible. (( the butcher wouldnt do it for me when i tried to purchase fresh, and they dont sell ground turkey or chicken here in austria. had to get creative ~wink~ ))

3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1T dried Oregano
3/4 garilc powder

mixed everything together in a bowl and made 8 patties.....this doubles the recipe. grilled for 7 minutes on both sides.

i didnt use the roasted peppers or olives instead i used lettuce, tomato, and red onion. topping the chicken burgers with 2 tsp. honey dijon sauce.

-----------
Honey Dijon Sauce - Taste adjustable, this is just the basic recipe.

3T Dijon mustard
2T Honey
1/4 tsp oregano

combine thoroughly and serve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauvaisroux this is my first recipe post if you have any suggestions on how to do this to make it an easier read it would be appreciated.

Enjoy folks!

sincerely,
sassy

p.s i dont know how to get my MasterCook breakdown here... hint hint hint

Make the Effort not an Excuse.

Never give up what you want Most, for what you want at the Moment!!

sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote