Old 08-05-2004, 06:28 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Chit Chat # 66

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

Please feel free to jump right in.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:47 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hello all my Jaded Buddies!!! Sheesh, we're a chatty bunch!

TJ - school starts here Aug. 17. We also have to work around snow days, and the kids almost always have their Easter break cut short because of make-up days.

Sue - yes, when I joined WW, I was caring for MIL and couldn't get to the meetings, so I got my points finder on line at eBay. YAY for the good test results!! The rain passed us by, but we're getting the cooler temps, which I love.

RK - there you are! I was ROFLOL regarding your comment about the PA and your cervix! Never heard of any such thing...

Cristi - hope your sinus headache is better. I get those, too, so I feel your pain.

Jen - did they catch the bank robbers? At least they got the guy with the knife! Hope the young people do get the house next to you. It's nice to have something in common besides an address w/the neighbors.

Susan - maybe you should pick one day a week to get weighed, then you wouldn't stress about it? Hey, I've got lots of peaches on my tree, so you just come on by and I'll hook you up, ok? You can resize your pic at the avatar resizer place I made a thread about... can't think of the addy without looking it up. About the support, I think you oughta try to get back support by taking his tax refund check in the Spring.

Heather - good luck at the doc today.

Shanna - chat is at 7 your time tonight, hope to see you there! Or will you be at work already?

Angie - how's Tanner?

Marti - hope you're having fun with James. Now that the interview has been postponed, you have more time to sew the buttons shut on your shirts, .

Jo - hope things work out with you and your DH. A Jaded Lady knows that what she weighs ISN'T who she is, so remember that, ok? And concentrate on all the accomplishments you have had in your life. We're here for you, ok?

Hi to anybody I may have missed.

I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger today! Got all my shopping done, spent some quality time with Mary. Went to take a wedding gift over to my friend who is getting married Saturday, so I don't have to lug it with me then. Got some photos printed at Wally World, and also visited with my sister, too. All in all, a very good day!

Chat tonight at 9 Indiana time... hope to see you there!

TTFN,
Old 08-05-2004, 06:50 PM   #3  
Fit and Feisty

Hi Jana,

Haven't been here to visit in at least two months. Just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know I have been thinking about all of you.

Love,
carree
carree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:31 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti, found that book you were talking about,,,Paul Harvey, when Monte is done reading it I will send it your way. I ordered it from Chapters.
So did you find something to wear for Wed?

RK....did you misplace your cervix? Geesh...woman

Cristi, ahh I feel for you, hope you feel better soon.

Susan, 200 a month is not much, and when he gets a job, he should have to increase that. I know its a percentage of income,,,but not sure of how much,,,or maybe its a Canadian thing. Anyways be firm, don't let him think he can NOT pay you. And its none of his BLEEP business about the older girls.

TJ, Im never excited about paps,,,and I have to make my appointment ,, *sigh as we speak, Normally get it done around birthday.

Well Tanner is fine,,,he just had a bit of pulled muscle which was from all the situps and such...hes cool. Skittles has been given the go ahead to do her cheetah run...lol

I worked again last night,,,was horrible weather and the person didnt' go out,,,yay!
I read this book about a teenage boy raising his baby,,,girlfriend gave the baby up so he took custody of him. It was sad. I saw it at Chapters when I went for the other book, I knew it was written for teens but...I read it and handed it over to Brandon.
Or I should say I would have ,,,he came home so late last night,,,his friend had put his hair id dred locks and he didn't like it,,,he took something like 5 showers,,,trying to get that wax out of his hair...finally I gave him a container of vinager. Which worked.
Well I need to get to football...*sigh
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:33 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

ok made my appointment,,,sept 14th...blahhhhhhhh
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:18 PM   #6  

hey ladies:

it has been one heck of a day. got up at 5 am and got all 3 kids ready and myself. took boys to preschool and dropped them off. then headed for the pap smear. i got there at 650 and didnt get out til 945 argh!!! they changed my pills since the others were making my depression worse. i hope they work without giving me dep. ya know?? anyway, i had to take my computer to the repair guy and leave it all day. then at 600 when i tried to check in with you all, my internet connection was down. boo hoo. so now its after 800 my time and i feel stressed. had a good day with food but no exercise. argh.

now time for some individuals:

sue-glad your scope and biopsy was ok. good for you. it helps to get that stress off the shoulders.
RK-glad pap was ok. ill be worried until i get my results back.
Susan-in WV, the custodial parent has the right to 33% of the non custodials GROSS income. he should be lucky hes not here.
Jen-i think you giving your kitties treats everynight is just soooo cute. they are so lucky.
Johanne-sorry that you are in a bad realationship. i know from personal experience, that is tough. my husband wks out of state all wk and that puts a huge strain on the relationship. when he is home, i feel like we dont get along. i always blame it on him being so much older than me. he tries to be my dad. ya know. anyway, hope things improve on your end. ill be thinking of you.
Cristi-yuk, a sinus headache. hope you feel better.
Jana-whoooaaa you had a busy day too.
Angie-im glad tanner is fine. yeah

hi to anyone i missed. hope your well
p.s. got my first ripe tomato fr my vine. yummy.
ill try to check in tom
tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:20 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

omg Jana........what would I do without stressing about weight??

enjoy life perhapes?? lol........I will try and not stress and jump on that scale as often.

Yummy, peaches. I didn't buy any this morning- darn. Too tired to walk up to Freddies.

Hi Carree!!

Hi Angie .......miss you. I am reading a book called Weight Loss Diaries by Courtney Rubin.

As far as the child support thing goes,.......I guess we will have to get into a tizzy......lol
The order is for 298 a month. It use to be 400 when he worked as a long haul driver.
I am owed now over 3000 backpay.
If a "modification" is going on I can't do anything. Otherwise he has to miss 3 months in paying childsupport before I can go in and complain.The most they will do is slap his wrist,maybe take away his drivers license,,......long procedure.
Though he has been paying less then he should????? for the last 3 months, does that count for anything???

Also...........he doesn't file taxes that I know of.....the usual for him is work under the table until he gets caught and is forced to pay....quit and move on.
His unemployment is from 3 years ago...for some odd reason.

btw- he does have another daughter that Gabster has to share her CS with,,,,,so she gets the same 50 a week.

Anyway,,,,,,,,this is all hashed out in counseling.I have had a lot of resentment having to care for Gabster on my own these last 28 odd months.
I told him in counseling that when I wasn't working it was me putting a diaper on Gaby in the morning not knowing where the next when was going to come from............it was really a growing time and trusting in God,and all her needs were met......so,just plugging along.

OMG!! I just got approved on a trial bases to change my shift on Wednesdays so I get the evening off!!! YAY- get to attend Wednesday church services with the girls ....yay-yay-yay...........so happy!!!!

Dinner break!! YAY - lol

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

James is out visiting a friend in the living room so I thought I would take the time to sneak in here and see how you are all doing! Very chatty today!!

We're thinking of eating out tonight....(would be nice not to have to cook...don't mind the cooking, just don't like to clean up afterwards!)

I will try to make it back here around 7 for chat.

James and I did some running around this morning.....stopped at Ben Franklins and bought me a stencil type thing to make folded cuts?...diamond cuts? Not exactly sure what you call them, so I've been experimenting with that. Should look pretty once I get it figured out!

We also went Michaels.....OMG....I wanted to just buy out the store! They're putting up some Halloween stuff and I just felt like a little kid in a candy store!! It's early for the holiday stuff....but I love it!! Fall is my FAVORITE time of year!!

OH......being hollored at! I will try and be back here around 7:00 for chat.....

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:38 AM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....

My name is Mindee, and Jana told me to come and join the chit chat area.

I am going to be 22 in 11 days (on 8/17). I have been married to my wonderful hubby, Tommy, who is going to be 28 in January. We have an adorable little boy, whose name is Brandon, and he will be 4 months old on 8/23.

All my weights and what not are listed in my siggy.

I think that about covers it. All the rest of my info is filled out on the biography page. So feel free to take a peak at it, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:47 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Good morning Ladies,

Shanna - sorry you had to leave chat early. You were missed!

Carree - good to see you! Happy Birthday to you! You'll have to tell us what you've been up to this summer.

Angie - glad Tanner is okay. Your family's antics always make me smile - there's always something going on, lol.

TJ - hope your new pills will help your depression. I know what you mean about a computer that is on the fritz... I freak when mine's down!

Susan - is your book fiction? Sounds interesting. Glad you have Wednesday evenings off to be with the girls. I look back to when I was a sinlge mom, and marvel at how I got by! God truly looks out for single moms, wouldn't you agree? Faith and prayer still get me through the day.

Marti - I'm interested in the folded cut stencil... not sure what that is. When you use it, post a pic, ok?

Cristi, Jen, Sue, RosieKate - hi and I hope you are having a good day.

Chat last night was fun! I think that's the most JLs at one time when I was there. Hopefully the group will grow each week.

Not sure what I'm doing today. Have to either run the sweeper or get out the rake, lol. My dogs are still shedding like crazy, and even though they get brushed, the dog hair is taking over! Pets are a lot of trouble, but worth it.

BBL,
Old 08-06-2004, 08:50 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Welcome Mindee!!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:53 AM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jana~ Thanks for the welcome!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:28 AM   #13  
RosieKate

Good morning all I'm up way too early today, so here I am!
Hey did you hear the one about the gal who forgot to bring her cervix to her papsmear?.....me neither, can't write a joke to save my life.... but y'all can fill in the blank, lol!

It's so great to see so many people posting here...I have a hard time keeping up...just not enough time to address everyone in the short time I have to post...but I'll try to get back later...I ALWAYS try to get back later

I think I need a new scale...mine said I gained 5 pounds, like, overnight..and i've been staying OP. Think i'm going to stay away from that thing for a few days

I hear DD getting up, so better be going...will try to address individuals later
Have a great day everyone
RosieKate
Old 08-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default T.g.i.f!

Hi &Good Morning Ladies~

First I have to say WELCOME Mindee! Nice to have ya here and lookin gforward to getting to know you.

And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Carree!

Sorry this is just a quickie, will do individuals later. I got up early this morning and did a walk on the treadmill and a bike ride-feel good about that. Now eating breakfast as I am typing. Need to get in the shower and off to get DD some reading glasses and then to physical therapy so I will be gone most of the day-I think. Anyway...

Everyone have a good day. I will be back later to chat.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-06-2004 at 10:02 AM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #15  

Good morning! Working on finishing my pot of coffee, figured I'd pop in here and post.

Ok, listening to the news in the background. Something weird is going on. Either people are getting desperate because of the economy/unemployment or they are just feeding on the publicity. But there were 2 more bank robberies yesterday, in different towns. One kid, 17, was arrested. Plus 3 on Wednesday. Actually, there have been 9 in the past 2 weeks. And it sounds like they are all different people. The 3 on Wed were all within 45 minutes of each other! What is going on???? I'm scared to go to a bank and get my own money!

It's nice to be home during the day today. I am working a shift with a client this evening, we are going to the fair, to see Journey. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it! Especially after yesterday, I need a break. I'm also getting a haircut this afternoon. Not sure exactly what I'm getting done, but I need some style. It's long, one length, and very thick. Probably some inches off and some layers to lighten it up.

Well, I'm going to get busy, laundry and some cleaning so I can relax and goof around some tomorrow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARREE!!

WELCOME MINDEE!!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote