Old 08-04-2004, 09:17 PM   #1  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Default Heeeelllp!!!!

They left a package of doughnuts and pecan rolls in my area tonight. I don't want to eat any. I know if I write here I will have a better chance of not eating any. I don't much care about the doughnut but ohhh the pecan rolls. Yummy. Oh the battle between good and evil.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:36 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Okay, this is nasty...but imagine the pecan rolls covered in vomit!

Is there someone near you who can remove the offending items? Can you put out an email to "all" making everyone aware they're available and the location?

Hang in there Howie - I'm in the same boat - still at work and chinese food has been ordered by my group. I have a banana and a tupperware container of grapes left....it's gonna be a tough one, but if I can do it, you can do it! Let's make it a challenge!!! I'm ready if you are!!!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

*drools*

man, all i can say to both of you is good luck. you are better men/women than i
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:55 PM   #4  
On The Road to Finding Me

Oh my goodness..

Think good thoughts! LOL

Seriously, Can you throw it out? If so, toss them both
FindingJackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:57 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hey you guys, how's it going?? I just read this and now I'm all concerned!! I definitely like that vomit idea. And Jillegal, you're smart (and sweet) to join forces! If it were me, I'd probably shame myself into not eating it. Healthy or not, it's effective. The other day I felt weak at work -- there was a veritable buffet of "no no" items laid out with an open invite, and people encouraging me to partake -- so I quickly went into the ladies room and, in private, pulled up my shirt and took a long look at my stomach. 'Nuff said. I returned to the lunchroom, poured myself a big glass of water from the cooler, and smiled and wished them good eats. Needless to say, I felt so great about the experience it made me feel so great. That feeling of pride and strength was sooooo much more pleasurable than any treat ever could be.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:18 PM   #6  
Born Loser

A challenge sounds good Jillegal. I am holding up so far. The only thing that is keeping me from it is the thought of my BLT and cold beer when I get home. If I eat the sweets I won't have calories left for the other.

Sarah that is a good idea but it would be my luck someone would come into the restroom as I was holding my shirt up.LOL
Old 08-04-2004, 10:51 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

Default Howie is the bomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
The only thing that is keeping me from it is the thought of my BLT and cold beer when I get home. If I eat the sweets I won't have calories left for the other.

Sarah that is a good idea but it would be my luck someone would come into the restroom as I was holding my shirt up.LOL
Howie, I'm so proud of you!! And you go, keeping a level head and keeping the calories a priority! I am SO impressed -- I might just need to break into my Howie chant. Yup, I'm feeling it......

HOW WIE! HOW WIE! HOW WIE!

I really am very, very proud of you, Howie! You enjoy that BLT and beer, Mr. Man!
Old 08-04-2004, 10:57 PM   #8  
Born Loser

Thanks Sarah I will. 1 1/2 hours to go and all is still well.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:00 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Ok, Jill and Howie...YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I know it's tough, but you are strong, you are fighters and you can picture you chinese food and pecan rolls with vomit AND maggots!!!

Keep us posted!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:01 PM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

Good for you Howie!! I'm hanging in there too - the smell of sweet and sour was killing me (I think it followed me down the hall), but I'm now safely tucked away in my own office away from temptation and just finishing off one research paper before packing up and heading home. I'll have a nice cup of caffeine free peppermint tea before bed and am looking forward to my raisin bran cereal when I wake up. Since I worked so late tonight I'm not going in until noon tomorrow, which means I can go for a nice hike on the trails in the morning if I'm up to it. Damn, I'm good!!

P.S. - ohhhhh Sandi, the maggots are a good touch!
Old 08-04-2004, 11:17 PM   #11  
Born Loser

Maggots, that reminds me of a story. My uncle was at work and his wife had packed him a roast beef sandwich from leftovers. He started eating it and thought boy this is sweet she must have put sugar on it. He looked to find it loaded with maggots. This sounds like an urban legend. I will have to look it up and see if he was telling the truth or if it's a story passed around by many.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:23 PM   #12  
Born Loser

Does not show up on snopes.com so I guess I have to take it as truth.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:24 PM   #13  
I climb mountains!

Wow, Howie! Well, I can tell you that if I had doughnuts in my house right now, I so would not want to eat them after having heard that. I'll have to file that one away for when I need to pull out the big guns.......ie., looking at the tummy isn't enough!

And no disrespect to your uncle, but I'm thinking that's got to be an urban legend he quoted......I always think it's funny when I see people doing that --passing off the stories as personal, or forwarding some email or photo and taking credit or ownership of it. Pretty funny.

You should be almost done by now! Great job on passing up those treatskies -- that are actually foods!
Old 08-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #14  
Crazy Canuck

Well, I'm outta here - whew....You're on your own now Howie. I'll be home in about 1/2hr and I'll check on your progress. I just know we'll BOTH have won the challenge!!

I'm already pumped about putting "Day 4 - 4 points" in the "August Challenge". Woo hoo, we rock!!! Okay, I'm a bit light-headed now. Oh, and who cares whether the maggots thing is true or not, if it's part of family lore then its yours!! Gee, I didn't know maggots were sweet, so I'll stick with envisioning vomit instead

Thanks for all the cheerleading Sandi, Sarah, et al
Old 08-04-2004, 11:34 PM   #15  
Born Loser

Yep that is funny how people do that. I looked at the normal urban legend sites and could not find this so I might just have a true little family story here.

Good for you Jillegal. I think I will make it. Yep I can see where you might not want to picture maggots if they are sweet they may become tempting at some point.

Last edited by howie6267; 08-04-2004 at 11:36 PM.