Old 08-01-2004, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default Hello, I'm back!

Well, hello people!

I'm back from a totally totally wonderful vacation in Uganda (small country in East Africa...next-door to Kenya). Highlights included deserted beaches and beautiful lakes, hanging out with the monkeys in the forest, a boat safari (hippos, crocs and elephants), spectacular mountain scenery and many days and nights laughing and hanging out with my friends/family.

I also enjoyed a lot of very good food, and am proud that I had the courage to jump on that scale this morning, to find I only gained a couple of pounds. I'm right back on my eating plan, and will start exercising again this week, so I'm hoping to see that small gain off pretty quickly!

I start a new job tomorrow......and I am totally determined not to let a major lifestyle change undo all the good work I've done over the past months......so my fridge is full of healthy food, and I'm figuring out how to fit my gym/swim sessions into my new schedule.....

Congrats to all of you doing so well on the weightloss journey, and a big welcome to the many new faces!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back claire! We've missed you!! Congratulations on your courage to weigh in and a not so bad result!! I can't wait to hear all about your experience there... hey what good food did you get to eat?? lol

It's great to have you back!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:00 PM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Claire's back! Claire's back! It's great to see you back -- and WONDERFUL to hear that you had a great time in Uganda. Great job on not getting off track, and I'll be looking forward to hearing good news of your next loss! So, did you dance a lot??
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:07 PM   #4  
Live for the Moment!

Welcome back Claire! So happy to see you! Im sooo glad you had a great vacation in Uganda. You deserved it! Don't worry about the 2 lb. gain... it'll come off in no time and we all deserve a great holiday now and then!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Welcome back! What a fun vacation! I'm glad you had a blast.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:09 AM   #6  
missaprylj

Yay!! Glad you're back... sounds like a GREAT trip!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:26 AM   #7  
Abby's Mommy

CLAIRE"S BACK!!! YAY!!!!Im so glad your back all safe and sound! You did amazing by only gaining 2 lbs! Good luck at you new job today! Tell us all about it later!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:09 PM   #8  

Hi guys

Thanks so much for your welcomes!

Gretchen - hmm....what food did I eat??? Well some of my favourites were: African tea (tea, water, ginger, milk all boiled together in the kettle....); roast pork (spiced and grilled); fresh, just out of the lake, fish....roasted, fried, in soup etc; goat (spiced and grilled); pineapple, jackfruit, pawpaw, sweet bananas; groundnuts, and groundnut sauce......all of it tastes wonderful because its basically fresh out of the ground, and fresh from the lake/farm whatever.....

Sarah - yup, I did some serious, serious dancing.......to lots of local music....and I learned a few new moves, too!

I am missing my family/friends over there SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much; its always difficult the first few days back here......but I've decided to aim to lose another 30 pounds, by the time I go back at Christmas.......
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Claire, I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that you will achieve that goal!! I'm so glad to have you back, and please take me at my word when I say that whatever you need, IF ever you need, WHENever you need ANYTHING, I'm here for you. I wish you every success, and know you have it in you to do anything you set your mind to.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote