Old 07-31-2004, 07:45 PM   #1  
Live for the Moment!

Talking Canadians - Skinny Cow Subsitute...

Well there's been a lot of talk about Skinny Cow Ice Cream in different posts lately so on my journey to the grocery store tonight, I looked in the freezer section at Safeway and TADA! We do have low-cal/low-fat Ice Cream too.. More than I've seen before too and I've been keeping an eye out. All we have for Skinny Cow are the Ice Cream Sandwiches... However, Lucerne has Fat-Free Ice Cream out.... made with 1% and Skim Milk. There were tons of different flavors and its not very expensive at all..

I bought the Fat-Free Cookies & Cream which I'll try out tonight for dessert and I'll be sure to let you know! So we CAN have our Ice Cream and EAT it too!

Thought I'd share for my fellow canadians...
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:28 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've tried the low carb version of skinny cow (skinny carb) and it is quite good, almost too good.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

low carb ice cream? I don't even like ice cream, but if it comes low carb, sign me up! heh.
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:27 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Actually the Skinny Carb ice creams have protein and fiber which is pretty cool. I'd definitely look in your freezer section for them, but don't get them confused with the Skinny Cow low fat ice creams those are definitely not low carb. They have a peanut butter cup ice cream bar which is very yum. It is nice for an occassional treat.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

CELINA, I FOUND SKINNY COW! Thanks for directing me to the site- I am going to try one after lunch and cannot wait!

I'm excited to hear what you have to say about the new stuff you mentioned in this post, too!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #6  
Live for the Moment!

Dana - Be sure to check in after you try it! A little taste of heaven..

As for the Fat-Free Cookies & Creme - It was alright, however it melts really fast and has a weird texture when it melts... Oh well, it was still overall pretty good but to be honest I probably won't buy it again. I'll stick with the Del Monte Fruit Pops, and Skinny Cow Bars.. However there are lots of frozen yogourts that aren't bad that I'll probably try too.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote