Old 07-29-2004, 01:55 PM   #1  

Default I'm new here.

Hi!

I posted the following introduction on the Announcements forum. I thought I'd just copy and paste it here instead of typing the same thing over again. (I don't think I mentioned in that introduction that I'm also very lazy!!) lol

I look forward to getting to know you all (if you'll have me of course).

-----

Hi. I'm Kim. I'm 29 yrs. old and very overweight (about 100 pounds overweight). I have been overweight since I was ten yrs. old. I have given birth twice. The first time to an angel. We named her Lib. She was just too precious for earth.

My next pregnancy produced a very healthy boy. His name is Austin and he just turned one on July 17th.

I have PCOS and am Insulin Resistant. I have tried the low carb diet, although never went fully on Atkins or South Beach. I just pretty much tried to eliminate the "white starches" from my diet (i.e.: bread, pasta, potatoes, etc.). That kind of dieting worked once before. I lost about 50 pounds. But then I got pregnant with my son and have pretty much gained it all back again. I weigh about the same now as I did when I gave birth over a year ago.

I have little to no self esteem. I often get depressed about my weight, but having said that, I'm generally a pretty happy person. I desperately want to lose this weight, but I have absolutely no self discipline. It seems like since I had Austin, I can't make myself stick to anything I start. This morning I decided to change my way of eating somewhat. Instead of "low-carbing," I'm going to try to avoid carbs if I can, but pretty much just try to limit how much I eat and when I eat. I have GOT to start excercising again. And I have GOT to drink water (I HATE water and don't drink near enough).

I'm a speech therapist and work in the schools. So I will be returning to work soon (as in this Friday).

I know this has been a pretty long intro and maybe not put together as well as it should be, but I was just hoping that maybe someone could point me in the right direction on these boards. I'm a member of other parenting boards, so I know how they work for the most part. I've looked at some of the forums and there seem to be a lot that I might fit into, but I thought some of you might know of the ones that would be better based on the info I've provided.

If you've read this far, thanks. Again, I'm sorry to be so long winded and blunt, but I REALLY want to loose this weight, and I"m so tired of always never finishing what I start. I'll start something and maybe, MAYBE, one or two weeks later (if I make it that long) I've quit already. If I knew how to kick my own butt I would.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me!
Mom2LibnAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:00 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Kim,

Welcome ~ you have come to a great place ~ wonderful, inspiring, caring people. It is of such help to be able to come here and be among people who understand what you are going through.

Read around, join in and enjoy. Hang in there ~ take it one day at a time ~ each day is a new day ~ don't give up ~ you can do this.

Again welcome!
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:10 PM   #3  

HI Kim!

I'm new here too and mostly I check in about once a day or every other day and read posts...posts by the struggling, the succeeding, and the maintainers. I feel that the posts I read help to keep me on track usually because I don't want to feel how the person who posted feels or the opposite..to feel like the person who posted feels...lol. I see a bit of myself in you...and want to welcome you whole heartedly.

Good Luck To YOU!!!!
Angelic_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 06:37 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kim!

Have you checked out the PCOS thread? And, of course, you are welcome to post here!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:35 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

well, hi there kim and angelic one... it's nice to see you both.

as for where to post/lurk/read... just go where you want!!! there's lots of wonderful advice everywhere around here, even in places you'd never DREAM there'd be something you'd need to see.

most folks have a couple of 'home' forums.. places where they're nice and comfy, but everyone is welcome to post anywhere else. even in the men's forum [a pretty tolerant bunch, but no discussing how your bra size has changed.. that kind of talk just gets them too revved up!!!]

the important point: don't stop posting.. the good, the bad and the ugly.. we're interested in ALL of it...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:04 AM   #6  
Live for the Moment!

Welcome! Jiffy said it best.. the key is "DON'T STOP POSTING!!"

Glad you joined us!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:38 AM   #7  

Heya Kim,

Welcome to the forum!! When times are hard and if you do happen to quit just remember you are still welcome here. It's not the fact that you can't stay with it, it's the fact that you are strong enough to start again and make the attempt at weight loss. It's during the hard times that we need the most support and I think it is during those time that some people are afraid to post. There is so much more to benefit by posting as opposed to not posting. No one is going to judge you and the support here might just motivate you to stay on track. You are going to do great Kim!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:48 AM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Welcome Kim! I agree wholeheartedly with what Tammy said. As for which part of 3FC is best for you -- the answer to that is the part where you feel the most at home. Look for a vibe, a kinship, a certain level of "niceness," and take it from there.......check out the whole darn place (a little at a time, of course! ) and then see what works for you. I use a couple of places for support, and a few others for information, and one other for occasional fluff. Just find whatever works for you, and enjoy. Best of everything to you......you're off to a great start reaching out for help and friendship!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:26 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome to the 100lb club Kim - you have come to the right place!

It sounds like you are taking some great steps to lose weight - as you know, the key to success is sticking at it week after week and this is something most of us struggle with. i think coming here and posting regularly helps us to stay on track, and coming here when we have gone off track helps us to get back on quicker!

Your baby Lib was born on my birthday - God bless her

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome. As the others have said, post often! We are happy you're here!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:22 PM   #11  
Crazy Canuck

Wow, so many newbies lately - it's great to see! Welcome one and all. How about having a weight-loss frenzy?
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote