Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2004, 03:03 PM   #1  

Default 2:00pm -Grr, right on time!

I am here writing this because I've ventured into the worst part of my day. It is 2pm, and I've been at work for 6 hours now. 6 hours of boredom and discontent from my job and yes, my mind is saying, -no, screaming 'Go eat something, it will make you feel better. What else is there to do?'

I had Poptarts for breakfast, and ate a salad and a piece of bread at lunch. I even skipped on my usual Cola. So, that means, so far I am doing quite well. But now... oh my god, I am seriously getting tense about it. I can feel my heart racing, and my head is pounding and ... I feel like that sensation you get right before having to bungee jump.

I have no idea what I can do to get my mind elsewhere... help help help!
lilwolfe006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 05:23 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hi there.....

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but it kind of sounds like you're needing some healthy snacks in between meals. It would help calm the jitters. It doesn't have to be something big...just something that will tame your tummy a little. And find something that you will enjoy eating for a snack (but not junk food) instead of something that you will have to force yourself to eat. That never works.

I'm not sure if I helped or not, hope it does a little.

Take Care
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:52 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey LilWolfe,

I'm not a doctor or nutritionist, but I look at what you had for breakfast and lunch, and my two thoughts are, "That's not enough food," and "Where is the protein?" It is so hard on the body not to have enough material to work with. You could be making your body want to hold on tighter to the fat.

Add some protein to those meals. Like, eggs (or eggwhites) or a protein shake with breakfast. And some sliced turkey or chicken with lunch. If you don't get enough protein, your body starts to break down your muscles.

As for the 2 pm food cravings, it's OK to have a healthful snack like low-fat yogurt or some string cheese and half an apple. That can keep you from heading for the candy bars!

Good luck!

Jay

SW: 196 5/24/04
CW: 179 7/22/04
GW: 145
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:40 PM   #4  

If you like chocolate, Dr. Phil has a great tasting meal replacement drink. Lot's of protein and fiber and the sugar content is not bad and it's really good, it will give you a chocolate fix,it will keep you full and it will take those jitters away. Popcorn is another good snack. Poptarts is loaded with sugar and sugar turns into fat. I say get a healthier breakfast. Eggs, grits, oatmeal, low sugar -high fiber cereal, milk. Anyway hang in there you can do this and we will be here for you. God Bless.
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #5  

Yeah I know Poptarts, were not my first choice, but I had nothing else at work to eat and figured something would be better than skipping breakfast all together.

As for the snack - it's not so much that I feel like I shouldn't snack, but that I am never really -hungry- when those snack cravings hit me. I want to eat just because I am bored and there is nothing else to do. >.<

The other big problem for me is that I strongly disagree with breakfast foods. Or at least the typical ones. (ie) I don't eggs, grits, hot cereals, sausage, bacon, any of that. Yuck!

Thanks for the help though, I am thinking about trying that Body for Life routine, and it is an advocate of 6 meals, each with equal carbs to protein.

What was the name of the drink that you suggested?
lilwolfe006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:27 PM   #6  

I think the name of the shake is Get in Shape. It has Dr. Phil's picture on the can. I use them as snacks. What about Cheerios and milk for breakfast. Toast? Pancakes? Anyway good luck and God Bless.
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote