Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 09:19 PM   #1  

Question Whole Wheat Flour ??'s

When you go to buy your Whole Wheat Flour, you are looking for the ingredients to say: 100% Whole Wheat, correct?? I am entering day 10 and as phase 2 approaches I want to have a good understanding of what I can and cannot have. I bought King Arthur brand ww and the ingredients say 100% whole wheat from the wheat berry. I know that this is probably a stupid question, but that is okay, right? I also wanted to know, maybe Ruth would know, are condensed soups out of the diet totally? I know that they are thickened with a cornstarch. I am trying to learn how to read labels, thanks!
Mindy
Old 07-20-2004, 11:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, that's the right kind of flour.
The GFGC Guide says that cream soups are OK as long as they are thinned with water, not milk, but I disagree on this one. Use part of your dairy allowance and you should be fine.
Check out the recipe section for yummy homemade soups where YOU control the ingredients.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:23 PM   #3  

THX Ruth, I thought for sure if anyone could answer my question it would be you! I have alot of great recipes that call for cream soups. I looked in the GFGC Guide, and I thought that the indication was that it had to be made with water. I am glad that you cleared that up.
I have been so good on phase 1, not a single cheat so I am hoping that I can have some of the foods I love, but SBD modified, when I hit phase 2. Only 3 more days to go-Woohoo!!
Mindy
Old 07-21-2004, 05:48 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Congratulations on making it nearly to the end of Phase I.

Dr A. revised the dairy allowance after he published the GFGC Guide. Annoying man!
Closed Thread