Old 11-11-2000, 06:44 AM   #1  
Slimwithin

You won't believe the secret ingredient in these light, tasty muffins. It took a bit of experimenting but I think I've finally come up with a quick bread most people will enjoy. The carb count can't be much more than 3 grams per muffin but if someone comes up with a higher count, please let me know.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a regular size 12 cup muffin pan with Pam.
In a large bowl, beat together:
4 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. Vanilla (try other flavorings)

Add 2 cups of Pork Puff (regular flavor)crumbs (one 3oz bag crushed) and let it soak for about 5 minutes.

In a separate bowl, mix together:
1 cup of Soy Protein Powder
1/2 to 3/4 cup Splenda (or any artificial sweetener not affected by cooking to equal 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar)
1/3 cup finly chopped nuts (any kind)
2 tsp cinnamon (or whatever spices you like)

To wet mixture add 1 cup of Club Soda (seltzer)
Quickly fold in dry ingredients and stir only until moistened. Put into muffin cups and bake 25 to 30 minutes.

These are the first soy-based baked products that I've actually enjoyed and so low carb.
You can make them sweeter or more savory. You could leave out the nuts and sweetener and make them sort of like a biscuit with bacon and onion bits or grated cheese. I believe it's the pork rinds that give them the remarkable flavor and texture.
No salt required as the pork puffs are salted.
Hope you enjoy these.
LindaBC

------------------
If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would have put them on my knees.
LindaBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 08:12 AM   #2  

My mom made these and absolutely loves them.
I'm next!
Elizabeth
eliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:24 PM   #3  

Are you the Linda that has a web site with your low carb recipes? I've been to the web site but didn't mark it and now I want a recipe and can't find it.
Lolow38 is offline   Reply With Quote