Old 07-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Chit chat 7/15

Hello All!!

How are you? Pretty Good here. Had a crazy week. Moved into our new offices on Tuesday and had Bunko at my house the same night. I still haven't recovered. Hoping to get some sleep this weekend.

Things have been extra crazy @ home because Jacob who has always been perfect when it comes to going to bed, has decided that he doesn't like to go to bed and it's been an ordeal. Now I know I am lucky that he has been good all this time, but the 1 hour it takes to get him to bed now is tiresome and when he makes himself throw up (once on my shirt, once in my hands) it gets a bit much!!!!! At some point he communicated that he was tired of his crib so last night we moved his mattress to the floor and it seemed better. We planned on doing the spare bedroom for his 4th birthday in October and giving him a big boy bed. (He always loved his crib, so I saw no reason to move him). Guess we'll be starting that project right away!!!

I have been so busy I haven't had much time to post! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone else is doing!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sandi!

Wow you have had some crazy times lately!! Wait until he gets a little older and keeps getting up for water or a snack in the middle of the night or decides that he would like to play video games secretly under his blankets! (I have a 9 y/o step son who loves to pull these things!). I know what you mean about sleep deprivation! It will get better. He is such a cutie pie.. Kids, they definitely have a mind of their own that's for sure! The big boy bed will be lots of fun.. I remember when we did that.. They grow up quick don't they!!

I am glad to see you here today! I was wondering where you've been!
Moving an office.. Now that's an ordeal! Glad that your all settled in now!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #3  
Jen

Sandi - my almost 3 year old moved into his big boy bed a couple of months ago and he is just starting now to settle down with his bedtime routine. I used to be in there for at least an hour and it just made me so exhausted. Finally I had to let him cry it out a little bit, I would tell him I could only stay with him a few minutes then I had to go and make daddy's supper or some other chore. Then I'd go out the door and he would cry for a bit. If he went on for more than a minute or 2 I'd go back in and start the whole thing over again but most of the time he'd fuss for a minute and then settle down. I didn't mind him being in the crib either and he loved it, never tried to climb out at all but it was a borrowed crib and we had to give it back.

Well my life has been utter crap lately, really too much to go into right now. I'm at the point where I don't want to talk about it but something good has got to happen soon. We've had a terrible string of bad luck but thankfully we are all basically healthy. Oh yeah for those people who I was consulting about my husband's gallbladder problems, they are more or less resolved now. It has taken about 6 months for him to be back to normal.

Take care all.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:02 AM   #4  
missaprylj

Whooo.... bad news from all sides. Good vibes to Sandi and Jen!

I sort of "blew it" today with my "on plan streak" but that's OK with me because LIFE isn't going to be a streak of 40,000,000 OP days, right? It's all the matter of cleaning it back up tomorrow, right? Right.

I blew all my money today shopping... I'm officially broke. That's a bit sad. I actually OWE my best friend $5. :O Whoo... I'm tired, more tomorrow!
Old 07-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #5  
JML
Success Story!!!

I can certainly sympathize with feeling exhausted and broke this week. It's just 8 days before the wedding and we're trying to get our bills in order before we leave for our honeymoon. Boy, are weddings expensive --- and living is expensive. We are both planning and paying for our own wedding. Good news though. We found a place to live. We can move in right after returning from our honeymoon. It dovetails beautifully. I imagine this week will be pretty crazy, but I think it can all get done.

Jeanne
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:37 PM   #6  
missaprylj

Jeanne that is great!!!! Congratulations!!! Wow, that wedding is quickly approaching... make sure we get a picture!! Enjoy your wedding.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:57 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

JML!!! I was just thinking about you! I couldn't remember the day and I was wondering how close it was!!!!! I hope that your wedding day is everything that you always dreamed of!! can't wait to see the pics!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:52 PM   #8  
Abby's Mommy

Oooohhhhhh JML, you must be so excited!! I was a wreck the week before my wedding, but believe me, the worry and work is worth it!
------Speaking of pics, has anyone seen Gretchens new pics on the progress pic sticky? Shes gettin' hotter by the day!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Sandiwe actually switched Lilly to her "big girl" bed when she was I think 16 months old and we did it at just the right time because I'm afraid she would've been climbing out of her crib within the week. She did great for that first week. Then the newness wore off and she would be up at the baby gate, screaming. We humored her for a couple of days and let her stay up later, and then sit with her until she fell asleep. Well I'd had enough of that so we just let her cry it out (we went to our bedroom to pretend we were going to sleep.) She cried at the gate for a few minutes and then crawled back in bed and went to sleep. We haven't had a problem since. (keeping fingers crossed though)

Jen I'm so sorry to hear you are having problems right now. Hopefully they will soon pass. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeanne How exciting and nervewracking at the same time. You'll get through this and look back on it and wonder what all the fuss was about. Can't wait to hear how it all went.

Apryl I bet you sure had fun spending htat money though so don't beat yourself up over it. You'll get caught back up soon.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 02:02 AM   #10  
Live for the Moment!

Sandi - Great hearing from you! I was wondering where you've been. Good luck on the Big Boy Room project! I'm sure it will be tons of fun. However lady, you must post more often!

Ladies - I hear ya on the being broke, but you know what I've come to the realization that money is just money... And you know what stressing over it won't get you anywhere.. So, I've learned to just enjoy life and be happy with what I've got for now!

Apryl - You're doing wonderful! 1 day off plan won't kill ya, especially when you're jumping right back on board the next day!

JML - Wedding Ahhh, how exciting! Congrats and Good Luck!

As for me, well work work and more work.. We're broke so haven't really being doing anything very exciting... I'm starting to feel very healthy though from eating well and working out. Although, I haven't seen a major loss yet but I'm sure that will come in time.. Steve and I are going through a phase of annoying each other right now I hope that passes quickly.. Usually, its only for a couple days every few months. I guess that's a part of being in a long-term relationship. And finally, ITS HOT!! Ugh, I can't wait until next summer when I can wear what I want to wear and be more comfortable, like lying in a bathing suit at the pool..

Take Care,
Celina
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 05:58 PM   #11  

Oh, I remember those days of trial and tribulation over the nightie-night routine. Sandi, what helped both my kids was music. I don't know if you have a CD player in Jacob's room but putting on a lullaby CD on low diverts the attention away and lulled my kidlets to sleep. Transitions are always tough....

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, boy that has come quickly. It is nice that you have the housing all worked out too.

Yes, Gretchen's pics are inspiring and motivational. Everyone is doing well just by continuing to focus on health!

It is wonderfully warm today and I am picking weeds (groan) and contemplating either kick boxing or going out for a nice walk when it cools off. Hope everyone has a great day!

Jenaya

297/273/170
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:53 PM   #12  
Losing Again!

Sandi-I hope Jacob gets a new night-night routine down soon for you. It's crazy how things can change overnight with the little guys.

Apryl-No worries, you'll be back on track before you know it.

Jeanne-I'm so excited for you! Weddings are so much fun, I'm sure yours will be fabulous!

Celina-It's amazing how every good day motivates you to another, even when you don't see immediate results.

Jen-I hope things get back to normal for you soon. Glad things are going better for your husband.

As for me, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. I went on vacation with a girlfriend of mine, back to Colorado for some more whitewater rafting. I mentioned before that there was a chance that our guide might be interested in me. Well, after spending two days and an evening with him , I'm pretty sure he is, so is my friend who was with me. He wants me to come out and let him teach me how to snowboard this winter. He noticed and remembered really tiny details of things that I did or happened the last time I was out in June, and it was his idea to hang out after we got off the river. We're not dating or anything even close, but it seems that we're both definately interested in spending more time together, which is fun.

I was thinking about the whole snowboarding thing this afternoon, when I saw the new line of winter coats at the mall. But it will be spring before they're on sale enough for me to justify buying one. So I came home and jumped online and found a Columbia jacket and snowboarding pants that coordinate for $100, last season's colors, but for over $250 off the original price, who cares. Should be here this week, can't wait to try it on!

I got home from vacation on Saturday night and Sunday morning, I headed to camp for the week, for work. Was super hot and just icky the first three days, and then not unbearable the last two. I did get out and walk between 3.5-4 miles three times during the week, and the food was not fantastic, so I didn't eat too much at meals, but we had a cheese and cracker thingy one afternoon for the adults, that was killer. But I survived without a gain, so I'll take it.

Now I'm pretty much home until either December or February.
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #13  
JML
Success Story!!!

Thanks guys!!!

It's now 4 days before the wedding. I got about 6 hours sleep last night and less than 4 hours the night before last between burning the midnight oil and early appointments. I am exhausted and very thankful I don't have an early morning appointment tomorrow morning. I had my hair trial yesterday for my updo. I left it in all day to test it's holding power. It held very, very well. I was very impressed. I'm still sorting through bills, making sure everything is taken care of before we leave, moving stuff, spackling, sanding, painting, cleaning, packing, shopping, calling people about wedding details. It's amazing the layers of things that must be done.

Still plugging away - excited for the big day!!!!

Jeanne
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

I can't wait to see pictures!! Congratulations again.. I bet you are terribly excited! You'll LOVE being married!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:01 PM   #15  
missaprylj

Arrow

I finally made a little web-page thing to get my "feelings out" and I do feel better already. I wanted to share it with some of the biggest influences in my life- you guys! So, here you can find all of my writing works. There aren't many now (about 6 poems) but I thought you might be interested in reading them. More and more works will be added over the months.

In weight-loss news.... I think I'm officially back OP today.