Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Weekly TG Chat - July 12 thru July 18

Thought I would start the weeks chat thread before getting busy. We are in the process of putting a newer and bigger window in our bedroom (soon to become my new computer room) and I have a few more plants that my daughter gave me to plant. My sister is in town for a few days from California so I won't be on the computer too much .. at least not during the day - have to take advantage of the beautiful weather!

Hope you all have a great OP week! I'm certainly going to give it a big try - maybe I can go all week this time!

I'll be back later this evening to check on any new posts. Come on in everyone - the more the merrier!

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 07-12-2004, 01:19 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

Hehehe. You are quick this morning...

Had a great weekend...I am finally losing once again. I lost 2.6 lb. over the weekend, so that is a start anyway. I really wanted to be down another 6.2 lb. before the weekend, but I know that is not possible at this point. The last 2 weeks really put the brakes to that plan, but I will take what I can get.

I spent the weekend going through old family photos. I went to scan one photo of the estate that my grandfather grew up on in Dorset, England. When I took the photo out of the frame, there was a budget from the estate that was made in the early 1900s. All the expenses of the race horses, and stable hands, etc. were itemized...a whopping 14,000 (I'm assuming pounds) to run the estate back then. Hmmmm.

We also had the puppy's second birthday party this weekend. I think the dogs think we are nuts when we put birthday hats on, make them sit for pictures before they get their treats. Sometimes it's fun to be a kid. We had fun, anyway.

Hope everyone has a great week. Take care and keep on losin'.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:40 AM   #3  

Howdy Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello. Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes and for your kind words regarding my dog. It was hard but, I'll get through it.

I'm getting back to the SBD tomorrow....I hope I lose some weight.

Got to run and get some sleep before Nico wakes up!

Hugs to all!

Sylvia
Old 07-13-2004, 01:00 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

Hi all

I was getting very frustrated with losing last week. I was so very disciplined with the eating program, but not losing any weight. However, over the weekend, I revised the strategy and lost 2.6 pounds over the weekend. Finally starting to lose again.

AND, there are only 4 more get-ups til vacation. WooHoo!!!

Have a great day. Take care.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:21 AM   #5  
CJ

Good morning girls! Sorry, this is going to be just a "quickie" .. but, wanted to say hello. We've been so busy painting and staining the cabin and putting in new windows - just got done putting in our new bedroom window yesterday - just in time before it started to pour down rain - hard! Our Alpenfest Festival is all this week - yesterday was opening nite and it got rained out!

Peggy:
Hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation! Guess we won't be "seeing" you for a while, eh? We will miss you. Glad to hear you are back on track with your weight loss.

Slyvia:
Good luck to you on SBD ... you can do it girl, I know you can! I'm still trying to get back OP on low-carb 100% ... haven't lost, haven't gained. But tired of staying the same. I need to try a bit harder I think ... Maybe today ...

Lurkers:
I know you are all out there .. I can see you! Please come in and be counted! We miss all our previous posters and we want to meet any new ones - so COME ON IN!

OK ... off to get dressed ... we're going into town and walk around for a while, then come back and probably start clearing the area for our new deck - yeah! Of course that means that we will have to drain my hot tub, move it, and then re-fill it, and of course wait til it gets up to temp again. We are going to put it on the deck when it is done. I'll take pics and show.

Bye ... later then,
Love, CJ
Old 07-14-2004, 09:44 AM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Mornin' Everyone,

Glad to hear from you all. Sylvia, good decision to get back OP. I know you can do it.

CJ, have a great time at the festival. Do you have company this week, too? Enjoy.

Well, there are 3 more get-ups until vacation. Woohoo. Can hardly wait. We just want to get away for a while. With kids moving back into the house and one of them with his girlfriend, things are not a quiet as they used to be. Sometimes I just feel like my space is being invaded. I know I shouldn't feel like that because I really do enjoy having the kids home...but there are moments.

We will be in Puerto Vallarta next week, then home for a night (I have tickets to see Cher in concert), then probably go to visit the grandkids...and oh yeah, our DD and SIL also.

I went to visit them in April to help with the new baby, and when I got home, there was a letter in the mail from an old high school friend that I hadn't seen or heard from in 35 years. They live in the same city as DD - I had just been there, too. We are planning to get together with her and her husband (we met him in university) while we are visiting as well. It promises to be a fun time.

As for the weight loss, I am inspired. I was so frustrated last week because I have been OP (SBD) the entire time, and being very conservative about adding carbs and sugar back into the diet, and found that I was gaining, or losing very little. I didn't know if that was a reaction from not eating for two weeks and my body catching up, or whether I just can't tolerate carbs in my diet at all. Anyway, I went back to Phase 1 of the program this week, and have lost 4 lbs. since Friday. I don't know if there is a happy balance on eating carbs in there somewhere, or whether I may have to do Phase 2 for 2 or 3 weeks, then rotate back to Phase 1 for a week to kick start the weight loss again. I know, though, that I can at least maintain when I eat carbs conservatively, so that will be easier when I get to my goal weight.

My plan is to eat a few carbs during holidays, assess whether I losing weight, maintaining, or gaining at the end of the 2 weeks, then deciding what course of action I will take with the eating plan. I do have to go back to the dr. soon, so will have my annual check-up at the same time and find out what the cholesterol levels are sitting at. That will be the true test for health part of the program. I am looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care and keep on losin'.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:39 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Two more get-ups to vacation...

Had a busy night last night. Bikini wax, pedicure, then had to take one of the puppies to the vet. She luvs her Dr. Bob, so didn't mind the visit. She is on another set of antibiotics, so we will see how that goes. If it does not clear up the infection, she will need to get the anal glands removed. I can just hear that old familiar sound now:

Ca-ching, Ca-ching, Ca-ching, Ca-ching, Ca-ching, Ca-ching.....

The weight loss is going well.. I will meet my goal for July by tomorrow and if I am really good on vacation, I will lose even more.

Saying good-bye for a couple of weeks. Hope everyone has a losin' old time.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:45 AM   #8  
CJ

Just popping in to say hello ...

Peggy:
Have a great vacation! We will miss you. Slyvia and I will keep the home fires burning while you are away ...

Slyvia:
Where are you? We have to keep this thread going now that there will be just the two of us for a couple weeks! Maybe some of those "lurkers" will stop by ... ???

Well ... another busy day .. we are now starting our deck - plus the Alpenfest festival is still going on in Gaylord, so of course we have to stop and "go play" also.

Later ... have a great day!
Love, CJ
Old 07-17-2004, 02:11 AM   #9  

OK, I had written a nice long e-mail about satying on program, YADDA, YADDA, YADDA and then I hit submit and ****Poof**** it dissappeared. How wrong is that.

Well, I'm on my way to bed but wanted to "stop" by to say hello.

CJ- You know we will never let this die out! Hang in there Chica, we'll keep this going!

Peggy- Enjoy your vacation!

I'm going to bed...am falling asleep at the keyboard....not good.

Love to all!

Sylvia
Old 07-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #10  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Cool Hey guys! It is me!

Hi everyone,
I have been so very busy since I posted last and as CJ had told you guys so much has been happening in my life.

First of all my brother, Jerry who is mildly retarted and who has been living with us going on 3 yrs now has been having a lot of health problems. He has been diagnosed with COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and is now on 24 hour oxygen. These past 6 months has been hard as I had still been working and trying to take care of Jerry, take him to the hospital when he was could not breath as well as taking to him to his various doctors, appointments such as family and social services-he now gets SSD and the dentist and wherever else he needs to go. I had been working in Indianapolis for my Early Childhood Longidudal Study as well as going to Cincinnati overnight to assess some children in the schools there. That was hard as I had to rely on my husband, Ken and my son Dan as well as his good friend and ex Janelle to help me out if need be. But most of it I had to do as I had to be there as I am his representive for everything he is on. So now he is on a different drug, Progesterone and it opens the airway and he is feeling pretty chipper and I pray that this helps him for quite a while. Plus the doctor's who treat him says his prognosis is not good and he may only live another year or two, which really has been a blow to our family, but I am hoping he will surprise everyone and live many years. He has no idea about any of this, we have just told him COPD is very serious and he has to do what he is soppose to like take his many pills and do his nebulizer/breathing treatments every day. So we will see what happens, I just know we love Jer very much and the thought of losing him I can't even imagian that.

So right now besides that I had been off from work for the last month and my Dad, Papa in the assisted living home in Michigan had come to stay with us. I have so enjoyed cooking for him and watching old movies with him. I treasure every day I have with him. He is 87 now and still going strong. He just left a few days ago and went home when my niece, Emily came to get him. Her Mom, your remember Chrissy and other daughter, Ellen came a couple weeks ago to visit Jerry and us too. We had a good time with them. So in a couple of weeks I am doing a 6 week study and 2 weeks later I am doing a second one till mid December so I will be pretty busy again. I am going for training the end of this month for the 6 week one, which is a educational field test, to see if we could do a study on it, and should be an easy one. Than the 2nd one, the longer one is a nursing home study where I go into the nursing homes and interview the director there. I only will be working the 2 jobs together for a month only so that won't be bad.

So anyways it sounds like you guys are all doing great. CJ, Sylvia and Peggy you have been keeping it all together and I see that Karmen stopped in, hey Karmen come on back. Of course I remember you very well and miss you.

CJ-Hey how are you doing? Thanks for the phone call. Miss you lots and lots. It sounds like you guys are really sprucing up your cabin, I'll bet it is looking great. I hope you had a good time visiting with your sister too. Oh yes I remembe the Alpenfest, we went there when we came there. I really enjoyed it, it is a great little festival. You are doing so good with your weight loss so far. 17.5 lbs from what you posted, WOW! Keep on going and hang in there as I try too.

Sylvia-Hi Ya sweetie, so glad you are doing so well and I miss you a lot too. Good luck on your SBD, I just know you will do well. I see from reading your posts that little Nico is growing by leaps and bounds and 3 teeth now? Isn't it wonderful to see them changing so much? I am so happy for you and I know you probably wonder how the heck you had a life without him. Glad to see that you are still here.

Peggy- It sounds like you really have a full house with everything goin on there.You are doing so wonderful with your new SBD plan. You have lost lots of weight. Congratulations to you. I am sure that your puppy will be alright, and you sound like a great pet owner, I know you like myself feel that our pets are part of our family. Have fun on your trip and talk to you when you get back. Have fun!

So anyways guys, I should get this posted and hope to try to post when I can. In a couple of weeks I will be going going going again but will try to post when I can and do what I can. I am still on WW but am reading the Dr. Phil book and incorporating them together. I really like that man and the book really motivates him, but have just started on this so hopefully I can do well.

Take care everyone and for anyone else I missed and hasn't posted lately, come on back. WE MISS YOU!

Love you, Sassy Sharon
Closed Thread