Old 07-12-2004, 07:14 PM   #1  

Angry Struggling.....

Not quite sure why, but I'm struggling......I haven't been to the gym/swimming for 4 days, but I have been walking quite a lot. My excuse is that my car is in the garage, and its 2 buses to the gym......car is coming home tomorrow, and I am so looking forward to hitting that pool.

On the food front, I succumbed to a very large bar of chocolate (organic, very high % cocoa solids..) last night. I have not eaten that much fat/sugar in 10 months......and my body has not been thanking me for it! I felt pretty queasy all night, and most of the morning. So I won't be doing that again in a while!

I think I got the munchies because I was feeling lonely.....usually I find some other way to deal with that, but this time I just could not find the energy to not eat all that chocolate.

Ah well, I was back on track today, which is the most important thing!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:20 PM   #2  
Live for the Moment!

Claire, honey - we all have those bad days! You're doing sooooo well, don't let a couple bad days get in your way! Besides, you may not have gone to the gym, but you do quite a bit of walking which is great exercise!

Congrats to being on track today!

Again, you're doing wonderful!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Ditto to what Celina said
We are rooting for you Claire!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:42 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My body does the same thing--after few weeks OP, I try & "cheat" & my body lets me know IMMEDIATELY how wrong I was.

And you are right--the most important thing is, you got back on track right away.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:30 PM   #5  
missaprylj

Claire, at least you're picking it back up and running again!

Think of all the people who would just quit, or would turn this into a month off plan...

You won in the end!

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:40 PM   #6  
Abby's Mommy

Oh ,Claire...you are so strong and inspirational! You'll be right back on track tomorrow. I know it! Dont give up just b/c you had some chocolate! If you get lonely and bored, come to 3FC and write to us, b/c were always here for you!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:24 AM   #7  

hey guys, you are so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Bringin' tears to my eyes!
Yup, you're right, I'm back on that track, and I'm stayin' on that track. I'm going to go pick my car up this morning, and the first place I am going with it is the gym/pool. Can't wait! My body really really misses! I swear, lack of gym/swim is making me feel depressed.......
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Claire-

Its OK to be bad once in a great while.. You are right back at it and I know you'll be just fine.. Hey, it happens to the best of us!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Glad to hear you are back on track. Have fun with the swimming (I know my muscles sure groaned when I didn't go for a week.)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:32 PM   #10  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist
I think I got the munchies because I was feeling lonely.....usually I find some other way to deal with that, but this time I just could not find the energy to not eat all that chocolate.

Ah well, I was back on track today, which is the most important thing!
First of all, HUGE props for just jumping right back on plan and moving forward instead of dwelling or stalling. Onward ho! (Hey, who's she calling ho??)

A couple of questions remain. How are you going to set yourself up for success the next time? Where was that chocolate? If it was in your house, get it OUT! If you went to buy it, get busy thinking of ways to prevent yourself from doing that again.

I liked what Amy Jo said about coming here to touch base with us next time you're feeling like that. That's one of the benefits of a community like ours. Another alternative is to carry with you reading material that you know will motivate you and keep your goals at the forefront. Or going for a walk. Or going to a movie. Or calling up a friend. Or going to the gym. Or sitting down and making a list of all the reasons why you want to stay on plan.

I COMPLETELY AGREE with everyone that the act of eating an organic chocolate bar, in the scheme of things and considering your progress thus far, is just really no biggie. Big picture, it's just a tiny blip. But when you say you're "struggling," and when your reaction to an emotion that's likely to return is to go off plan and do something you didn't intend to do and then subsequently feel badly for having done -- ell, then it's time to put your thinking cap on to prevent its recurrence. Kudos to you for turning to us for support......if you need any help in figuring out a proactive measure for the next time......and there WILL be a next time......just let us know!!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote