South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 02:33 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Monday morning phat chat

Hi everyone! Since it is officially Monday morning for me I'm saying hi. I haven't left work yet, I'm here till 0200 but I know I won't be much for saying hi in the morning when the normal people wake up.

I've decided that I'm tired of lettuce and need to get creative again. A friend borrowed my SB book a month or more ago. I want it back, but she's on a cruise. I'm going to be perusing the recipe section here for new ideas.

Ruth, Mama and Ellis, you guys behave today! If you aren't going to be good at least be good at it!
Old 07-12-2004, 06:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies. Let's tiptoe around while RNMOM sleeps. Did you notice she called us "normal"?

Yesterday was so hot and humid! I thought I was going to die in my velvet and taffeta Victorian costume complete with hat and mourning veils! People wanted to chat about the show afterwards and all I could think of was taking off my clothes. (That would have made a nice encore.) Anyhow it was a great success and will be repeated - in a cotton outfit next time!

It's muggy this morning but I have to ignore it and get ready for Gail. The window guys (Bill, Bill and Bill) come to install tomorrow afternoon and I need to clear away LR and DR stuff before then or else there will be a major dusting job. This morning my neighbour Moël will use the chain saw to cut away some of my hydrangeas so the lads can get to the windows. They are in full bloom right now which kills me but there are lots of them in the wide and wild hedge around two sides of the house. Maybe I'll dry some for a wreath.

Geez, I'm babbling! The Girls are still asleep but I need coffee so I'll go and stir them up. I wonder if Lucy will go into heat THIS week. There's a waiting list for puppies and she's still a virgin. We did a swab (you don't want to know!) last week but the results were nada. You can't rush Mother Nature but I wish she'd hurry up. I really don't want two preggie Porties at the same time!

What's happening in your section of The Beach?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:24 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies... did ya all miss me this week-end. The wedding went beautifully and I had a big suprise....my dad was there he had been telling me for a months that he was not going to be able to come home. What a brat. My sister looked beautiful and so did everyone. We had a wonderful time. I am going to post a few pictures that I have my brother and dad have more so I will post them when I get them. As for OP not. I really do need to get back on track. I have been so off OP it is not funny. So to day is the day to get my butt back on track.... lets see how long that lasts as my dad is home here with me til friday...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me 5.jpg (7.7 KB, 118 views)
Old 07-12-2004, 07:35 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Yeah, RNMOM, it's Monday all right. I could use another day to my weekend.

Ruth, glad you got thru the day yesterday. Just think, you could have paid big money for one of those body wraps and you got it for free!

I have GOT to find a way to get seriously back on track. But everytime I try to tell hubby--or anyone else for that matter what I can eat and what I can't eat, it's like I'm talking to a wall. "Oh, let's go for pizza." "I sure could use some ice cream". And I'm such a weak-willed individual, that I cave every blasted time. I'm so mad at me for not standing up for myself. It doesn't help that between June 21 and July 15 we have 3 birthdays. Right now, there's a chocolate cake in the kitchen and hubby wants a pumpkin pie for his birthday. Can't be store bought...only "mine" will do. (Can I tear my hair out now??)

Going to try this yet again today. I did so well the first time out...down 12 pounds. And that was at Christmas for crying out loud! I know I can do this... Any words of wisdom from all you "big losers" on the Beach?

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach.

Mamacita
Old 07-12-2004, 07:43 AM   #5  

Goodness me we are off to a flying start this week. Ruth, maybe you should hold a ball for Lucy, like in the fairy tales when the king invites all the suitors to a ball at the palace for the princess to pick one. Then she sends him off to do things like climb glass mountains and recover lost golden apples and so on before finally consenting to be 'kissed' (and I think we all know what that means). Lucy clearly has no intention of being 'kissed' at this stage. I wonder if they did swabs on the princesses? I am sure not. The Grimm boys would have written about it.

RNMom I know what you mean about lettuce....I have taken to doing hot salads, cooking off the spring onion and red pepper and then just wilting some lettuce in to it. Very nice.

Yes, I have been off shopping for a cottage, and I think I may have found one....watch this space....
Old 07-12-2004, 08:03 AM   #6  

Morning ladies!

We're BAAAACCCKKK!! Had a wonderful trip, was not OP, although not horrendous. I am going to wait to reunite with my scale until tomorrow morning once I have a had a nice OP day full of water! My DD absolutely had the BEST time! She warmed right up to everyone and loved the beach.

I hope everyone is well! I am going to get caught up on the last week's posts.

Here's to an OP Monday!!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 AM   #7  

good morning beach beauties!!
well glad i am not alone this monday morning. we can all hop back on the wagon together. i brought my lunch with me to work so i am headed in the right direction for half the day at least. i got on the scale this morning and was happy to see i am down 1 lb. i am so happy because i have been hanging out at the same weight for several weeks and i have not been following the program most days, this gives me alot of encouragement that the weight i have lost so far will not come creeping back when i finally make it to a goal.

little chick- beautiful pic. glad you had a good time. enjoy your visit with dad!!
mama hang in there girl. i know exactly what you mean the novelty has worn off for my family also. stay strong!! we can get back on this week no problem!!!

kiko welcome back!!! nice to hear you also had a nice vacation.

ruth you crack me up!!! good luck with the dogs. your girl is just holding out for her soul mate, hang in there. hows your paw feeling??

clovey can't wait to see your vacation house!! i'll start packing now. wilted lettuce hmmmm now there is an idea.

rnmom get some rest!!! you must be very sleepy if you started thinking we were "normal"???

to all the rest of you beauties yet to post have a great day!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Holy petolies! Look at all the awake girls!!

RNMom, I hope you're sleeping soundly.

Ruth, you know damned well that you're going to have two pregnant girls on your hands at once. That's just the way the world works. And anyhow, it makes for a better story.

Little Chick, I'm so glad everything went well! (I can't see that photo... is it you? Please blow it up.) Enjoy your time with your Dad, sweetie.

Mamacita, I'm with you, hon. I haven't been OP for more than two days straight since last summer. Come on, girl... let's DO this!

Clovey, we want to see the cottage!!

Karen, so glad you had a good trip!!

Jodi, I'm with you, too. I'm starting afresh today.

We went to the cottage on the weekend (Clovey, nothing like what you'll be buying. We're talking cabin in the woods on a lake.), and I gained four pounds.

Is anyone here a Jehovah Witness? Because while I appreciate their diligence, coming to my cottage deep in the woods on private property is WAY over the edge if you ask me.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #9  
Faith in me

Wow...everyone seems to be awake this Monday Morning! I was going to wake up early today before I came into my dad's office to answer phones (he's away on a business trip) and walk my dog...........but I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed just yet...So here I am.....finally awake! Today's my best friends b-day and i can't make it to her dinner...she wanted to go out to dinner with a bunch of friends, but I have family in town that I haven't seen in a long time who are coming over today...oh well I'll take her out to dinner later this week and give her, her present...it's only 10am and its 82 degrees but it feels a lot worse......I can feel the frizzy poofy hair ugh...Well I hope everyone was a lovely Monday!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:42 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning, Beauty Queens!

RNMom, I hope you are having a lovely sleep right now. What a late night!

Ruth: Now that's a show..."The Stripping Victorian" So glad it went well! Are you seeing a doctor today for the wrist? I know my friends who were trying to breed their female beagle showed her the stud book and found her in heat a week later. You never know...

Little Chick, of course you were missed! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and that your Dad surprised you! How nice that he's staying for a visit! Your picture wouldn't pop open for me, but from what I can see, you look gorgeous! Love those curls!

Mamacita, I'm so sorry this is so hard! I have found that it comes down to just standing firm and being totally honest with people. Don't give in, even once. People will take you by what you do, not what you say, so if you keep going to for pizza and ice cream, they will figure you don't mind cheating on your diet. Suggest something else, like Ruby Tuesday or Dairy Queen (SF/FF Fudgsicle), where they can get their junk food and you can get healthy food, invite them to your house to eat, or don't go with them. If they like your company, they'll get their junk food fix at other times. You can do this, girl! Teach your DH how to make the pie so you don't have to deal with it, or ask a friend to make it for him. Tell him how much his support means to you.

Clovey, love your humor and can't wait to see your cottage!

Kiko, WELCOME BACK!!! I'm so glad that you had a nice trip! Your DD is my kind of girl...I love the beach, too. : You'll be in good company, it seems, in getting back on the wagon, so I'm sure you'll do great!

Jodi, I know you can do this! Good job bringing your lunch to work!

Ellis, sorry about that gain...but if I went away for some peace and quite and solitude and someone came out to witness to me all the way in the middle of nowhere, I'd be eating more bridge mix than you could carry in a canoe! That is crazy! Maybe you'll get the same chuckle that DH and I did when we saw a sign with the Spanish name for Jehovah's Witnesses: Testiculos de Jehovah. Are we the only twisted ones that think of male body parts when we see that? I do hope I'm not offending anyone of that faith...I doubt any of you would trek out in the woods to testify to others!

HistoryChick: I'm with you on the weather, it's grey and overcast and gloomy here, but no rain yet. Very humid. Let's be fuzzy hair twins today, 'kay?
Hope you are able to take your best friend out for a great celebration soon. Sometimes it's nice when it's just the two of you! Feel you on the waking up early thing...tried to get up at 5:30 to get to the gym early, but my head was swimming and I went back to sleep until 6:00. Still got my 1/2 hour of elliptical and some leg weights in.

Well, somehow I blew it yesterday and gained two pounds...I had a taco salad with no chips but with full fat sour cream and cheese (and meat, probably) yesterday for lunch and then rottisserie chicken for dinner...have a feeling I had too much fat or something. Hope it falls back off today...but I'm still 50 pounds down!!! : What a good thing!!! I tried on the dress I wore for our rehearsal dinner and the bridesmaid dress I wore for my friend's wedding the fall after ours, and both fit fine! Even a little extra room! So I'm back to my wedding weight of five years ago! Whoopee!

My DH spent yesterday telling me how pretty I was and even went with me to face the scary salespeople at Dick's so I could get new exercise shoes. Thankfully, it happened to be a girl, and I got some great shoes for a bit less than I had thought. Good, all around.

We're eating out of the original SBD book this week...haven't delved in there since starting Phase 2, and there are several yummy things to try. We're doing the Chicken, Apple, and Walnut salad tonight on rolls. Were going to have bean salad with it, but my DH threw it out. He thought I didn't like it, but I had grown to enjoy it. Might make more at lunch today if I have enough cans of beans. I'm grilling up a hamburger with no bun for lunch. Should be good.

I'm working at the Vacation Bible School at church all week in the evenings. I'm running the craft center. Hope it goes well...would love your prayers that I can do a good job and help these kiddos have a great time and learn new things about their faith. :

Have a great day, Chicks!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:04 AM   #11  

Whew..... got through the majority of daily posts for the past week. Ya'll have been busy!

Ellis I am so glad to hear that your health is fine. That must have been a scare for you!

LC It sounds like the wedding was wonderful! Enjoy the extra time with your dad.

Barb How are the plans for the bday party coming along? I think that is so cute that your son was concerned about an OP cake. Too sweet... What waterpark did you take him to?

ADD How did the shower go? Did you stay far, far away from the petit fours??

Laurie What a lovely, romantic getaway for you and DH. Those are the best! He sounds like a wonderful guy!

Ruth WHEW! You accomplish more in a day that I do in a week!

Just got my exercise in and am eating some scrambled eggs. My plan is to go back to Phase 1 for a few days to get my eating back under control and then just get started on Phase 2 again. I am going to try some new recipes this week as well, so rejuvenate (sp?) myself. Barb You had mentioned a salmon recipe from the SBD cookbook that sounds good! I also consumed my fair share of adult beverages while on vacation, so that needs to go by the wayside for now too!

Back later chickies!!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Mornin'

I can't get over everyone posting so #*$#% early in the the morning. I can barely make it out of bed, get a cup of coffee in me (course breakie, too), clear my head, and get ready for the day. When I check, everyone else has already been up for hours...

Little Chick - Glad to hear that the wedding went well. The picture is gorgeous. Please post more so that we can see the dress, too. Good that you had a great time...but now's the time to get back on track. Remember, you can do it.

RNMOM - I know what you mean. I have actually gotten to the point that I would rather skip meals than do another salad. I lent my SBD book, plus another book ranking all the low carb diets to a friend, also. I would like to get back because we are going to visit our daughter while on vacation and I would like to take the info with me. Hopefully, she and her DH will consider the program...they really do need to.

Ruth - Good to hear that everything went well yesterday. Do you have pics? By the way, how, on earth do you get your girls to sleep while you are up? The minute that I move, my little one wants to be up playing... Just have difficulty handling that before the morning coffee. We had a birthday party for her on the weekend...birthday hats, hamburger muffins and candles.

Mamacita - You CAN get back OP. Just remember how you feel when you are losing and eating properly. I just noticed that you live near Stone Mountain. DH and I were down there a few years ago and really enjoyed the day that we spent there...c/w the fireworks show at the end of the day. That was the first time that we had been in Georgia and had a great time.

Clovey - So excited for you, shopping for a cottage. It is such an exciting time...especially when you will eventually be living there full time. Is it by a beach? This really shows my ignorance of geography, but I have to admit, I was never interested in geography until I was expected to travel on the job. It has been a busy time trying to catch up at my age. I was just going through some old family photos this weekend to collect a collage of family history. I found a photo of the estate at which my grandfather grew up in Dorset. I took the phot out of the old frame to scan and found an accounting of the annual budget back in the early 1900s. My great grandfather owned a mill in Dorset at the time and had race horses, etc. The budget that was at the back of the picture showed that it took 14,000 (I'm assuming pounds) to manage the estate at that time. I have some other memorabilia from that era, but it is put away in storage just yet. I will eventually get to it, but it may be another year, or two.

Kiko - Congrats on the good holiday. Back OP...

I was busy on the weekend trying to get the house in order for when the DS's girlfriend's parents come to visit next week. We will be gone (only 5 more get-ups before we leave for Puerto Vallarta), but I don't want the place to be a complete disaster when they arrive. Our flight leaves from Calgary on Saturday, but we could not get a hotel room on Friday night. Seems they are all booked with the finals at the Stampede. People, people, people. That means we need to drive to Calgary on Saturday morning before the check in time. Oh well, it will be another early morning get-up.

Mini goal reached - I have finally broken the 150 lb. barrier. Two weeks ago, I gained .2 lb., last week I lost only 1 lb., but finally, over the weekend, I lost 2.6 lb. I found the 2 weeks of basic non-loss very frustrating. There is nothing worse than eating OP and not losing, or losing very slowly. However, I am over that now and finally seeing the results.

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Take care.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:47 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ellis how do I get it to blow up. When I try to post it in its origianl size it says its to big. I thought when I down sized it and then post it it would let you guys click on it and then it would go back to the orginal size. Please help.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:00 PM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, do you have a program on your computer that will resize photos?
If not, try this one...
http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/
It's called Image Analyzer, and it's free and quite easy to use.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:29 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick post... 2 pieces of news!

Got a call from my darling doc - I have a broken bone in the hand near the wrist. It's a "flake" and will heal 'eventually". I'm to keep taking Advil and wear the darn splint and it "should be OK in 6 to 8 weeks". Can you tell I'm delighted?

BUT Miss Lucy is finally in heat! Now we start stud finding as we're not sure if Purple Reign is still "intact". Morna is working on it as I write.

I'm off to take Sarah to a job interview - nothing like cutting your own throat! I hoep she gets it but will hate to lose her.

What a lot of posts! I'll be back to read later.
Closed Thread