Old 07-10-2004, 05:43 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#546

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:04 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Was in middle of long post. Fingers slipped. Post lost. MAD!!! No time to rewrite.

J-ann: Welcome back, glad to see you!

Love to everyone else. Gotta run.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:28 PM   #3  

Default HI, I'm new

I'm Heather, 31, single mom to a 4-yr-old son. I've been on and off diets since I was 8 years old. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Happy Saturday!
big_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm back!

We had a nice afternoon on the boat. It felt good to get in the water and cool off. DH fished a little but didn't catch anything. We had to go back to the horse for meds tonight. I attacked the shrubs with the trimmer. And as a result have a huge mess to clean up tomorrow. I'll probably be eaten alive by chiggers. Must remember gloves tomorrow. I'm all freshly showered and ready to relax for the evening. Only about two hours left.

We have never kept so busy as we have this year. DH has said that he's even feeling better because of it.

J-Ann - Welcome back!!!! I was thinking about you the other day. Are you still living with the couple and the dogs?

Heather - Welcome to the group. We'll enjoy getting to know you too.

Thin - Sorry about the post. Hate when I do that.

Mary - That's unfortunate about your son. Hope it was some kind of misunderstanding or him in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Kat - You can come on down anytime!

Scooter - Sorry to see you're having such a stressful time. But remember how close you are to twoterville and don't let stress eating keep you from it! Your friend must have something going on at home that would cause her to take the money. Like Kat said, she is definitely going to need friendship - even if she may not recognize it. Will she know that you are the one who found it? Good luck and stay strong for her! Enjoy that treadmill!

Now I'm debating taking the dog for a walk. Considering that he just stood with his front feet on the couch so he could look out the front window seems like a big hint that he's ready to go. However, as big as he is, I'm not sure about walking him in this humidity. It makes him pant like a racehorse. I see lightening in the north. What to do. What to do.

Have a good night ladies!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 12:46 AM   #5  

Default Wooohooooo, I have internet again

Hello everyone,

I've missed everyone! I didn't post much, but I always read. I really need the group and am so glad I can get back here now.

I have gone in the wrong direction and am up to 344 now. I like the new thread for accountability - that was a good idea, I need that a lot.

I am targeting increased water, packing my lunch, increased excersise.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Judy
kantsing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  

Smile

Welcome, Heather. Just jump in and type!!!!

Glad to see you post, Judy.

Well, I have been pi$$ed since Friday. My Dad collected antiques and we had a very old - well, it was like a water cooler. He had this sitting outside for so many years I don't ever remember it NOT being here. When I got home from work Friday it was GONE!!!! Someone apparently drove up here Friday and took it.

It's not even that I will miss it, or that it may be worth money but to think of someone having the gaul to steal from us!!!!! This is a rural, small town area!!! Now I wonder if we shouldn't put all the rest of the things outside inside of a building to hide them? It just ruined my weekend and ticked me off.

Okay, sorry for the rant!!!

NOW, I am off to check out SlimFast. I know, I know.... BUT I have learned and/or reinforced things about myself while reading Dr. Phil and I just think I have to try this. I have tried Atkins products because they are lower in sugar but the give me horrible gas.

So, last night I saw Whoopie on a commercial and thought I would check it out. Not much cooking - I hope because if I make it I eat it. I'ts easy & convienent. Who knows - but I have to get it together. I have always taken a lot of vitamins & minerals so I don't worry about not getting what I need. If anything I take too many!!!!

Later, Chicks.

Oh, do any of you remember when Bruce Jenner was selling his little bench with the bands? It had to be in the early 80's maybe? If so I am trying to find the exercise directions. I have the bench and liked it but can't find my directions. I can do some but would like the real directions so I can target 'problem' areas.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:38 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Geez, that's creepy, Lucky! I think you need to get a big dog to keep you company over there. want mine? Look at Amazon or even eBay for info about your Bruce Jenner bands...sure to be something there. If not, can you just 'wing it' with someone else's band exercises? I think you should use the bands as big sling shots to keep marauders away!

Welcome back, Judy! Glad to see you back! How's "Blue?" Is she coming back too? I HATE when the computer goes down...I'm lost. Then I realize just how much time I spend here!

Welcome to our world, Heather! Just jump right on in and let us get to know you!

Terri...SO? Did the dog get his walkie? If I was freshly showered and it was gross and muggy outside? heh heh...tough luck, puppy!

Mary...I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope things all work out for the best.

My baby is home! I think his voice changed while he was gone...seems so much deeper all of a sudden! Maybe just being in that testosterone laden environment for a week did something. Sounds like he had a blast...canoeing, archery, mountain biking, windsurfing... He told me about this trampoline thing in the lake that you bounced off of into the water!!!!!! I WANT TO DO THAT!!
What a sight that would be! It's good to have him home, we're going over to my sister's to swim in her pool and sun on her deck....ahhhhhhh

I've got to say that this weigh in thread is really keeping me on the staight and narrow...well, maybe not narrow...but definitely straight! I was envisioning a big Sunday breakfast this morning, remembered about WI (not Wisconsin) tomorrow, and had cottage cheese with a mango instead.

Gotta run. Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-11-2004 at 01:40 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:51 PM   #8  
Hang In There

I posted on the wrong thread last night, so if anyone is interested in hearing about my interesting day at the horseraces, you'll have to go back to the last thread. Sorry!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 02:01 PM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

WELCOME HEATHER !!!!! We always love to have new people join us. HOpe you post often.

Judy / Kantsing.... Welcome back !!! I hope this time you post more often. It is nice to have you back.

Thin... Thanks for the new thread. I am sorry to hear you lost another post. My best luck is to open up a screen as if I am going to send an email and then address it to myself. Then I write my replies there. If I get get knocked off line it saves that as mail waiting to be sent.

Terri.... It sounds like you and hubby are enjoying your lives. I agree with your DH... you do feel better when active ... even if it is hard to do.

Lucky... I am sooo sorry about the theft. In my old home location we had our cars broke into TWICE. It just leaves you with this odd feeling. Knowing that someone was in your driveway and stole the stereo out of your car while you were in the house. It definitely takes away that feeling of safety and security in your own home.

Kat... My step grandson came home from a 3 week stay with his dad yesterday and his voice sounded deeper too. He is 13. First time I met him he was only 6 and now is a teenager. I dread the day he can grow facial hair. It sure makes me feel OLD. LOL

Okay... gotta go swim. Just trying to keep up here.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 02:05 PM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Barbg... Hello there. We we posting at the same time. Just wanted to say HI
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 02:40 PM   #11  

Thanks for all of your welcomes! I wanted to post more yesterday, but my son has been really clingy lately and wants to play "Go Fish" over and over. I'm also in the middle of reorganizing his room and moving all of his toys from the living room to his room. By tonight I will have my living room back. Yay!

My official weigh-in day isn't until Tuesday, but I weighed this morning and I'm down from 305 to 303. Woo-hoo!

I haven't really felt too deprived or had bad cravings, but last night I dreamed that I ate cookies, ice cream, cake, potato chips, etc. My subconscious must be going through withdrawl.
big_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 05:10 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Heather...sounds like your subconscious knows my subconscious! I dreamt about cookies last night too!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 05:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Kat - The dog got his walk and probably will tonight too.

Its been a day of catching up around the house. I had mounds of laundry to do and stacks of papers to shred and file and pay. I have a desk job for a living; sure do hate having one at home too. I've also done some other housework. Never ending.

oh, and I forced myself out to ride this morning and managed to do 8.5 miles. Every time I thought about whining and quitting, I made myself ride a hill so I'd really have something to whine about.

The humidity is back and with it came a few water retention pounds.

Hello to everyone!!! No time to post replies. Have a great Sunday evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 07:03 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hello Ladies!

THANK YOU so much for all your thoughts and well wishes after our bad news this week. It has been a horrible couple days, but I am slowing getting over the disappointment and regaining my strength to fight for our dream of having children. Jeff and I finally talked about it tonight without me completely breaking down. I am still a little sore and uncomfortable from the egg retrieval procedure which is a constant reminder of the process. I will be happy when the physical pain goes away. We are NOT GIVING UP! This time it was not meant to be. We did get further than last time and we now know that we have other possible problems to overcome. My eggs were not great and Jeff's frozen sperm (from his surgery you may recall) was not strong. We don't know if it was just a fluke or if it's all bad. When my Dr. called with the bad news on Friday we talked for a little bit, but I was so upset that he suggested we take a little time to get over this and then come in to see him. I am calling him tomorrow for an appt. and I am going to be doing some additional research to go armed with questions. We also have an appt. scheduled with another Dr. for a 2nd opinion on our treatment. That is scheduled for a week from tomorrow so I may postpone that because we want to see our current Dr. first. We are going to continue taking what God puts in our path and wait to find out the reason this is all happening to us. It will all work out in the end! I am so THANKFUL to have all of you to share this with!!!

For the new gals --- I am sorry to pour all this out on you --- you probably think I am a little nuts right now! I know this is a weight loss support board. Up until a few months ago I was thrilled to report a 45 pound loss, but some of that has crept back on me....that is my new focus in between these treatments.

I don't think I can catch up on personals right now. Please just know that I have read everything and am here thinking of you all and encouraging you.

Big HUGS to those that need one!
CONGRATULATIONS to those that deserve it!
A BIG GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR for those that need it!

And I great big I LOVE YOU to EVERYONE!!!

Last edited by BarbPA; 07-11-2004 at 07:05 PM.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 07:11 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just a quickie before I go out and put pork chops on the grill.

Yesterday we went to the wedding of Honey's cousin. Her husband had committed suicide 10 years ago. She married her BIL (husband's brother) who lost his wife 2 years ago. Apparently, the couples had been good friends when all spouses were alive. Then of course the family didn't drop her when their son/brother died. And then when the SIL passed, apparently Cheryl and Jerry continued to be friends and it went on to be much more. Kinda cool. She didn't even have to change her last name. He has 2 grown sons and she has 3 grown sons. Everyone was entirely happy about the whole thing.

I've been trying to post some stuff to eBay again. Yes, I did get a few sunglasses up. We'll see what happens.

I've also been working on laundry today. We all changed sheets last night and flipped mattresses so I have mounds of laundry to try and get done just so I can walk in the basement.

Tina: Congrats on Tony's first win of the season! Go #20!!!

Mary: Sorry to hear about your son's troubles. I sure hope it was a case of wrong place, wrong time. [[[hugs]]]

Terri: You've been one busy lady. But it sounds like mostly fun....well, not the laundry....but the biking, boating and horseys sure do!

2cute: You must be really busy with your daughter cuz you haven't been spending much time with us. You need to put her in the back bedroom so you can have your computer room back.

Katrina: Your MIL is a hoot! She must call on you because she thinks you're the resident Medic in the crowd. What is it about old age that makes people lose common sense? My mom is getting the same way. She can still do accounting, but keeping track of her meds is just too much.

Heather: Glad to see you made it over here to where the "action" is. Congrats on the 2 pounds. Good for you.

Judy: Good to see you back. Glad you haven't fallen off the face of the planet.....just off the Internet!

Lucky: That is terrible that someone would steal from you. Makes you feel soooo violated! [[[hugs]]]

Barbg: What a hoot that your mom won.....and on someone else's tickets! Sounds like maybe he was trying to pick her up, ya think? (See wedding story up above)

Scooter: That's a rough spot to be in with your co-worker/friend. I hope all will work out so that you'll still be able to be on good terms.

J-ann: I'm glad to see you back.....although you haven't been here since I said "welcome" yesterday. How are the dogs? I bet that puppy you got just before you left us isn't much of a puppy anymore. Are you still showing them?

Andria: Congrats on your 30 Pounds! That's wonderful! And a challenge for $700??? WOW! That would be worth winning!

BarbPA: How are you holding up? Been thinking about you. Hope you can feel the love that we all have for you. [[[hugs]]]

Jen: Are you still out there somewhere? I've been thinking about you alot lately. Wondering if you ever made it to the States? Wondering if you've headed back to Germany yet? Hope you're doing well.

Well, my dears, the race is over and the boys are hungry. #1 Son just came in and told me he started the grill. Hmmmm, I wonder if I lolly-gaggle long enough if he'll just cook the chops too???? Now, there's a thought!

Guess I'll go do it. See ya later. Love ya bunches!