South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 07:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - July 10 and 11

Good weekend morning, Beach Beauties.

As usual, I'm dashing in and out. I did not write one word on the script for tomorrow. It seemed to me I spent all day yesterday having avoidance issues. At one point I found myself sorting through 1940's hats at the Mill srorage room and imagining what I could do with them! Duh! Today I need to transport myself back to 1860 and JUST DO IT!

I hope everyone is going to have a great weekend! Mine will start about 3:30 tomorrow afternoon!

Share a coffee and your weekend plans.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:57 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Weekend Beach Chat July 10 and 11

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Woke up at 5:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. Been having very vivid dreams lately. Mostly involving the ocean...weird....

Yesterday afternoon at the lab, I met a lady who is from the same town in Mexico as my grandfather. (San Luis Potosi) We got to chatting and she said she'd come back next week with some pictures and things from the area. Kind of neat, getting to know more about where that part of my family came from.

Today we have one errand to run (getting the cars "smogged") and then we can go to the park and check it out. I'll be slathered in DEET so the mosquitoes don't carry me off.

So, what is everyone else doing this weekend? Clovey, you running out to Bath to check out the "cottage"?

Mamacita
Old 07-10-2004, 08:00 AM   #3  

Ok, Ruth, we need to combine these threads...
Old 07-10-2004, 08:36 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Gotcha! What does "smogging a car mean"? Hey, cool about finding old family connections!
Old 07-10-2004, 09:02 AM   #5  

Getting the emissions check certificate. Don't know if you have to do that in Canada or not.

But we have to pass the check in order to register our cars every year.

M.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:43 AM   #6  

I knew today was going to be busy so I got on the treadmill first thing this morning. Now I know why I don't do that! I just don't have the energy when I haven't eaten. That 30 was harder than the 60 last night.

My son was up by 6:30 and we got busy on invitations on the computer for his birthday next week. We have a party at 10 and then I HAVE to get his hair cut this afternoon (sheepdog look is just not in ). Then we have to be at a Frisco Roughriders ballgame by 6:30 with Cub Scouts if we want to get autographs and I THINK we will be home from that before I get paged to work tonight. I'm throwing my laptop in the car in case I get paged and I'll stop by the office near the stadium. Other than that, it is the normal laundry day. I should get out in the garden but that may have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe we can get to the pool in the afternoon. I guess we will just have to play that one by ear.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Busy today here too ladies. I am taking the siblings to a Baltimore O's game -- should be more fun than the drama that ensued between the two of them last night (TWINS!).

I got on the scale this morning and found a nice suprise, despite no gym for a few days. Although, the three of us probably walked about 5 miles around DC yesterday. I was playing tour guide for the day. Anyway, I got on and I am at a new low! Needless to say I am thrilled and am NOT going to ruin it anytime soon == especially today while at the game. I won't eat buns, I won't be drinking anything but water and soda and I won't gorge on breakfast which I am off to right now!

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 07-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

I am busy today, also. DS's girlfriends parents are coming to visit in a week and our guest room is a disaster. DH has finished most of the renos in the room, so I must get it cleaned out, furniture put back together, linens washed and the room loaded. It promises to be a big chore today.

It is also the official birthday party day for one of the puppies...we really do spoil them too much, I guess, but it is fun. They are both soooo energetic, it provides a lot of entertainment watching them get into trouble all the time. The birthday girl has ordered hamburger muffins, c/w candles.

I took the two of them for a walk last night. We don't do that very much because it is easier to throw the frisbee from the back door and have them run the length of the acreage and back for their exercise. Does that count as time for the exercise challenge?

Also have to get some yard work done today. The sun is out this morning, so must get on to the grass cutting and pulling some weeds before the rain starts up again.

Hubby wants to go to a car show this afternoon, also. That will give me a couple of hours to wind down a bit. Can put my feet up and watch a movie while he is out.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Take care.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:59 PM   #9  

Good morning (I guess it is already afternoon for some of you).

Still hanging in and "getting ready" to get back on SBD. Is that a major cop out or what?

Had an unexpected eye surgery earlier this week. There was a mis-communication with the MD about what the procedure would entail in terms of recovery (although I should have known based on past experience), anyway, my computer time was somewhat limited because of my vision but I did want to jump back on and "check in with the chicks".

I really appreciate the people who post weight loss numbers. As you can see, mine aren't very meaningful -- please understand that I have been off the wagon more than on. I will probably change the start date when I get serious again.

We have some outdoor planting to do today, that exercise should help. Last night dinner was pretty good -- grilled salmon with artichokes and salad. If I can just keep it up . . .
Old 07-10-2004, 04:37 PM   #10  

Good day everyone.

I have been doing pretty good. Not completely SBD still stuck in the low carb mentality, but slowly getting there. I had my cholesterol checked last week...it was 236 eating what ever in the heck I wanted. (forgot to ask for a break down of hdl, ldl ) He wants me to get it lower with diet and excercise. Good thing I was just starting to do both on my own. I have actually excercise 3 days this week. Is there a place where I can find menus not just recipes.. I have such a hard time sometimes, I tend to get into a rut and would love some variation.

Jen
Old 07-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon, ladies!

Jenne - a new low - congrats!

Nice to meet you, BirdLady. Grilled salmon, hmmm...

I've been just shot since we went to see Mary Chapin Carpenter on Wednesday. She was wonderful, sang for like an hour and a half, and she had a 45 min opening act. Lovely voice, great old songs, loively new songs. Definitely worth the money.
Ran into a friend that I haven't seen for over a year (Ann Arbor's like that - we never go in without running into people we know), and she noticed that I've been losing weight. I haven't been on SB that long, but I lost a good lump of weight last year, and I'm down a couple of sizes since the last time she saw me. I'm a 24, which ain't slim, but that's a lot better than a 28, let me tell you!
The house is so quiet with Kid away at camp - we got a letter, she's not enjoying herself as much as she did last year - there's a new director, and some of her friends aren't there any more. She also has a strict counselor. Oh well, at 14, she may be outgrowing this - in another year or so, she can work!

I've been doing okay with Phase II - I added Kashi Puffed Grains, which only has 13 g carbs and no added sugar, one serving for the first two days. Today, I'm adding a cup of strawberries with yogurt for breakfast, and have bought some multi-grain bread, and will have one slice with a piece of tofu cheese, and freeze the rest.
Mostly, I'm working on making sure that I don't get bored with my proteins (like we bought an organic turkey breast, and will roast and store), I had fish twice, and I work on recipes a lot.
Oh, and I pack my snacks and lunch for work every day.
I'm feeling comfortable with this way of eating, although my digestive tract is still finding the whole thing pretty awful. I'm adding metamucil, but things still aren't working the way they should.

Well, take care all. Will try to write earlier.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:43 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Whew! It's written and printed off. Now to learn it! Six pages and 6000 words!

I hope you are all having a better weekend than I am! Actually I really enjoy research and writing. Now if I could just learn to avoid these photo finishes.

Gane/Jen check out the following. It's for WW/SBD menus but may be of help.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39284
Old 07-10-2004, 05:47 PM   #13  

Hello everyone,

This weekedn is pretty laid back for me. So this being the first weekend on SBD I am expecting to be a little difficult. But I will presist. Hope everyone else has a great weekend. Don't get too hot out there Barb. I live really close to you so I am familiar with our heat. Talk to everyone later,
Old 07-10-2004, 10:50 PM   #14  

hello everyone!!
late night check in for me, we had a busy day. dd had 2 baseball games this afternoon won one lost one. i was only expecting to be there for one game so i didn't plan so well for lunch ended up eating some nachos with ds while we watched the game.

my back is feeling much better thank goodness, i'll keep pushing the motrin a few more days for insurance though. we went out to dinner and then rented some movies just watched 50 first dates with adam sandler cute movie, dh and the kids are watching lord of the rings, not my bag so i thought i would check in here. tomorrow is a repeat of today more baseball and hopefully some laundry if i can.

socalbirdlady- nice to see you again. stick with the mindset you will get back into the groove soon enough. any loss is impressive don't sell yourself short!!! i have been in a rut for several weeks myself but i try everyday to get started again. hang in there and you are doing the right thing checking in here. your dinner sounds great!!

ruth- so glad you got the script done best of luck to you!! i would say break a leg but i don't wanna go there!!! take care of the arm. can you find a sling that matches your period costume???

kristasmom- i have a 14 yo dd also hope yours enjoys her time at camp maybe after a few more days she will start having a better time.

jenn- great job!!! keep up the good work!!

hi gane, sweet tooth and skherb and anyone else i missed!! hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:19 PM   #15  

Thanks Ruth, I am going to check it out.

jen
Closed Thread