South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 12:42 AM   #1  

Default I can not restart my engine!

Hey Ladies

I have not posted in awhile, but i have been lurking here, I am still on program for the most part i have had a few fall backs, but i have increased my exersise work out. I am trying not to get down on myself but it is getting hard I have not lost anything in about 3 weeks (phase 2) I tried to go back to phase 1 but there was no loss and so i decided to go to phase 2, I swear i feel like a yo-yo. Part of me just wants to give up but when i can put on my jeans that are 2 sizes smaller its hard too..lol. I know have only 96 lbs to loose to reach my goal but it seems so far away. So i guess some words of encouragment are needed, or some advice about my everlasting stall. God I would be so happy to get out of the sze 20 -22 a nice 18 would be nice.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:29 AM   #2  

Maybe if you posted what you eat in a typical day we might spot something?
Old 07-09-2004, 02:45 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Melissa!

I'm just about at your starting weight now, and I have just about as much to lose. I feel your pain...I was in a plateau for a while. I don't know what broke me out of it, but I did stop using milk for my evening vitamins (eating/drinking before bed), increased my water and my exercise, and became more dedicated to trying to measure my food.

Perhaps, as Barb wisely suggested, you can post your daily plan? There might be something stopping things up. However, it might just be a plateau you have to work through. Did you read RNMom's post? It's really inspiring for those of us suffering from plateaus. :
Old 07-09-2004, 05:06 PM   #4  
Chickpea

I am an extremely slow loser, but maybe that is a good thing when I read about others losing quickly but having "hanging flesh!" I recently went to New Orleans for a week and actually lost a couple of pounds by refusing stuff with sugars, staying firm with not eating white bread and potatoes & white rice, & making my own sugar free pudding at night for my own treat. I also stayed away from nuts for a couple of weeks because I tend to go over the limit on those. Also, I had coffee with caffeine every day & it didn't seem to hurt. I usually drink decaf.

I think changing our life eating patterns is very hard. But if I can do it, I think anyone can. Hang in. The best results are health related. My bp is staying down through this method of eating.

Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread