South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 11:54 AM   #1  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile New and looking for a beach buddy

Hi there...New to SBD....3rd day in and not too bad. I am finding lots of great ideas and recipes on the sight. My boyfriend is doing it with me and we both could certainly used to lose some weight. I would be happy with losing 30lbs and be able to get into to a closet full of clothes that no longer fit me. I am not a huge exerciser, but am trying to walk at lunch and swim some afterwork. The walking is getting hard because it's so darn hot here in VA, so I think it's going to be more swimming for the time being.

I would love a buddy to help support and give encouragement to as well as share ideas with. I am a 35 year old woman with no kids who LOVES to eat and could certainly use a little support myself. Looking forward to meeting others on SBD.

Happy dieting!
Sheila
Old 07-08-2004, 02:01 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Sheila! Welcome!

I think you'll find this board very supportive and informative! I think there is a "Buddy Up" forum that might have more information on getting a buddy, or you can just private message the person you want to work with.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:17 PM   #3  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Thanks Beachgal. I saw the buddy up forum, but that looked more like for general weight loss buddies. I would love someone who is specifically on SB that's why I posted it here. Any thoughts?
Old 07-08-2004, 02:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the beach we're all kind of buddies here a big group of people supporting people Stick around to get to know us

Michelle
Old 07-08-2004, 02:49 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good answer, Michelle! That's just what I was thinking.

If you would like to work with someone specific, try PMing them to see if they are interested. I think that might be your best bet.

Michelle, I just noticed your chickie...CONGRATS on the 30 pound loss! WOW!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:53 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Sand is white, water is warm...come share a blanket or two.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:27 PM   #7  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Thanks ladies...I will certainly stick around. It's great site and will let my friends.

Peggy.....I would love to join you on beach.... Hwo long have you been on SB?
Old 07-08-2004, 03:42 PM   #8  

Ya know, there are alot of folks from Virginia on this forum! I am from Northern Virginia and I just wanted to welcome you to the beach as well
Old 07-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #9  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Default Hello Wendyjo

Hi Wendyjo....NoVA is a good place to be from! Thanks for the welcome! Are you on SB too? How long have you been on it?
Old 07-08-2004, 03:55 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

Hi Shequila,

I haven't been on SBD very long...I started May 14, so that is about 2 months ago. I have lost about 20 pounds since I started.

I had been on WW a couple of years ago and lost a tremendous amount of weight, but through a combination of the dr. putting me on hormones, and realizing that I was starving all the time, I abandoned the program. I had to go to the dr. in May (I had been avoiding him since the weight gain) for a medical prior to some surgery. My worst fears were realized - he weighed me and gave me a hard time about the weight gain (about 30 - 40 pounds).

When I told him that I started to gain because of the hormones, he told me to stop if I was able to cope without. I stopped right away. He discussed the issue of dropping carbs and sugar out of the diet and suggested that I try it for a month to see what happened. When I went home, DH was telling me that a number of his staff were on this SBD thing, so I did some research and decided that it was similar to what the dr. had suggested - other than Phase 1 was 2 weeks and the dr. suggested a month. Since the surgery was coming up, I decided to do Phase 1 until after the surgery - that was 5 1/2 weeks.

In all honesty, I am amazed at the difference between the feelings of hunger/satiation on this program and the way I was feeling, at the same weight, on WW. I find that I am seldom hungry, and when I am hungry I can go to the fridge and grab a cheese stick. Now, I also have to admit that I am not a carboholic. The only carb that I really would have difficulty giving up is pasta, and I enjoy the odd rich dessert on special occasions. Consequently, I don't suffer with the cravings that many of the ladies here encounter. I am more likely to snack on cheese, or leftover meat than I am to snack on bread or cakes and cookies. I have started adding the pasta back into my diet (on Phase II), but limit myself to a once per week as a special treat.

Some of the other ladies may be able to comment more on their cravings and how to overcome if that is a problem for you. Hope everything goes well for both you and your boyfriend. Take care.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:43 PM   #11  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Hi Peggy.
I too tried WW and Somersize diets and lost 17-27 respecitively. The problem is sticking with it. With both I was hungry all the time and always seemed to be over my points with WW. This seems to be great diet that doesn't let you be hungry. I've only lost 2, but feel pretty good. I was getting to the point where my body just wasn't used to the extra weight I place ached that didn't before and I just didn't feel myself. Still not the same, but not as bad either. It can only get better right??

It's the snacking that I am missing, not so much food specifically. I have not been tempted eat anything that I am not supposed to...not yet at least. I have discovered Wendy's spring salads and just made the balsamic chicken from the book. It's fabulous. I had to get the reduced fat ranch because I keep forgetting to make dressing at home. Tonight we are trying the marinated london broil. Oh definitely love the "mashed potoatoe". Even Tim liked them and he's not a big fan of cauliflour either.

20 Pounds.....Great job. Are you exercising as well?

Cheers!
Sheila
Old 07-08-2004, 05:57 PM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Great to hear that you are trying different recipes. I haven't been doing that much, but haven't really felt much like eating since I had the surgery 3 weeks ago. I think the not eating has actually stalled my weight loss. I am in a bit of a funk right now, but the weight has gone down 2 pounds this week, so far.

I started to exercise 2 weeks ago - I do a 30 - 35 minute power walk at lunch time. We have an indoor and outdoor track where I work. The indoor track is around the ice arena, so I opt to walk there because it is cooler when you start to work up a sweat. People driving by can't see you, either. I went once 2 weeks ago, once last week, then committed to every lunch break from now until the end of next week - we leave for Puerto Vallarta at the end of next week. The exercise has gone really well this week, but the pounds are not coming off as quickly as I expected they would when I started to exercise. However, they are still dropping a bit.

I guess the most important part is to be patient, keep with the program and you will eventually see the results.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:11 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the Beach....you have found yourself a bunch of great buddies. This is the best group of chicks you will get lots of support and great info.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:51 AM   #14  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Well it's almost a week into SB and am down 5.5 lbs. I was getting frustrated at first, because I didn't see anything happening at first, but today I did. I am getting tired of eating eggs and salads every day. I am not a big egg person so eating them every morning is an issue. I eat them, but can't wait for next Tuesday when I can introduce something new foods back into my diet.

Happy dieting!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:06 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Shequila, welcome to the Beach!!
WOW, you're doing so well, hon! Keep it up!
Closed Thread