South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 05:30 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday Chat

Hello everyone

Well, I have finally stopped typing poems, although might get back to it later....thank you for all the birthday wishes. I had a great day, doing all the things I most love to do. That is what birthdays should be like.

Today I have a couple of clients this afternoon, but not much else planned. But that is because I dont plan. I have plenty that I ought to be doing. Maybe I will make a plan.

What is everyone else up to today?
Old 07-07-2004, 05:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Clovey!
I'm glad you had a good birthday. Don't stop adding poetry... it's beautiful!! I'll add some more later, too.

I can't believe I woke up at 5 this morning. I've only had about four hours sleep. Some darned bird chirping outside my window. One of those ruddy purple-stomached finches I think.

Today I'm going to try to get to the gym. Twice in two days... is it possible I'm getting back on track?

I feel a wee bit dizzy. I think I'll pop an anti-anxiety and see if I get a bit more sleep...

Have a wonderful day, girls! Love and hugs to all...
Old 07-07-2004, 05:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good early morning, Clovey, and sleepyheads to come. The Girls and I have had coffee on the deck and are ready for Hump Day. I'm glad you had a good birthday, Clovey.

It's haul out the garbage for pickup day. I hate it but I hate going to the dump worse! Kevin is going to be here this morning so I may guilt him into doing it for me. He is going to re-attach the dryer vent so it blows hot and damp air OUTSIDE instead of into the kitchen. What a concept! The good news is that he was planning to "fix" our barn which shifted off plumb in the Spring but it seems to have righted itself! I guess the frost is finally out of the ground!

Hersh and I go to her clinic job at noon today and I hope to get Miss Lucy to the vet for the vaginal swab routine. She still does not seem to be in heat and the Portie world is waiting for Miss Lucy pups. I hope she and Hersh don't end up preggers at the same time! If they do, I'll sleep on the couch for the 63 days so I can do the midnight and 3 am pee trip! Thank God they will have the pups at Morna's place as I'm not sure I could cope with 18 puppies, cute as they are!

The Library programme was fun yesterday. We had 21 kids in ages from 2 to 7, had stories and songs, made dragon callers and went on a dragon hunt. Sometimes I miss teaching. Nope, I still have not done the script for Sunday's Mill performance! I have decided to do it as letters written to friends describing Caroline's life in the Delta in the 1860's.

I am going for allergy shot #3 today and may ask the doc to order an X-Ray for me. My wrist is no longer so bruised and swollen but still really hurts. I suspect a hairline fracture. I hate the thought of a cast but.....there is a limit to how long I want to live on Advil and wakening at night is not good!

Breakfast coming up. The last of the strawberries and some cottage cheese are on the menu. I really want a greasy bacon sandwich with home fries!

What's happening with you?
Old 07-07-2004, 06:20 AM   #4  

Purple stomached finch??!! I want one! Ruth, I hope your wrist is ok, and not fractured. And glad the dragon day went well. Dragons are very excellent things.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:06 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies the day is drizzly here but muggy. Did not get in here yesterday as the kids took over the computer playing games. Not doing much other than trying to get ready for the wedding. I need to pack the girls today as they are leaving for the wedding tomorrow morning with my mom. And DH and I will be going Friday morning....not sure how I lucked out that mom gets to travel with 3 girls as my dd best friend is going to the wedding as well. Tomorrow night I go for my manicure and toenails painted love being pampered.

Ruth- so sorry to hear that your wrist is not better nothing worse than being in pain. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Ellis- hope you get to the gym again today... have fun sweating.

Clovey- Happy belated Birthday. Glad you had a wonderful day. A plan sounds like something I need to do as well.

Well I must go as I have one of my boys coming to the door talk to ya all soon.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:41 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Slept in a wee bit this morning. Didn't have to compete for bathroom time with dd. (she stayed at bf's house and made him fish and chips for supper).

Clovey, dear, I must have missed an important message...but HaPpY BiRtHdAy!

Ellis, good for you for making the gym commitment...wish I could do the same. But you don't like the purple finches? They're so cute!! But I suppose I wouldn't think being chirped awake in the wee smalls was cute. I keep a window AC unit on year round so outside noises don't wake me up.

Ruth, 18 puppies at once? OMG!! It would drive me bonkers. Let's hope Lucy and Hershey have a little mercy on you.

Little Chick, enjoy your pampering. I'd love to have a day to do that for myself...maybe one of these days...

Well, gotta finish getting ready for work.

All you chicks have a great day on the beach!

Mamacita
Old 07-07-2004, 09:33 AM   #7  

Default To The Wise Chicks

Morning Ladies,
Over the last month I've discovered that you all are the wise oracle behind this site. Thank you all for contributing to this site and devoting a past of your lives to helping others find their path. You have no idea what an impact you have on some people, including me. Anywho I must run off to continue studying for my Bar exams but I had a few questions that I figured the head chicks would know the right answers:
1. How do we feel about snack drinks, not meal replacement shakes? Like the ones from EAS. I find they quench my chocolate needs.
2. Do all snacks like splenda ice cream, sugar free meringues (soooo good) fit into the 75 cal limit? Even the fudgsicles are outside of that aren't they?

Thanks ladies, I hope youhave a wonderful Wednesday!

VT

PS- Article in this morning's Washington Post about the diet.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:17 AM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Morning everyone,

Clovey - Glad to hear that your birthday was super. Just one year older and more fine than a bottle of wine. Thanks so much for the poetry. I thoroughly enjoy.

Ruth - Sorry to hear about the wrist. It is probably the best that you have it checked out, though. If it is fractured, having a cast now could save a lot of problems in the future...from the voice of experience, I'm afraid.

Ellis - I have been reading your descriptions of the class last night. You are so brave to have gone to that first class, AND you found out it isn't sp frightening. BRAVO! Just think, you will be fit in no time and feeling so much better - along with the other ladies in the class.

I have a busy day lined up today. Have to deal with a staff disciplinary problem...not my staff member, but her work is adversely affecting my staff so the boss is making me deal with it. I hate having to deal with these kinds of matters - just wish that people would come to work, do their best work and be conscious of their co-workers. Wish me luck.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check in later if I get a minute. Take care.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #9  

Red face Morning All

Today's activities included and still yet to come... my 8am research writing class and then off to work... which is where I am now. There is a picnic planned on campus for noon and then this evening I'm helping a friend with some homework. So, as uneventful as it sounds thats the plan for the day. I'm also going to be doing some much needed cleaning at home late tonight. and perhaps a walk too!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:09 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, ladies!

ellis - I'm sorry if I was oversensitive - sometimes I just get so tired of the 20 year old size 8s who wander about moaning about their thighs! My water aerobics class is one of the places where I feel like I fit in, so I guess I'm a little defensive.

Katieplaysmusic - research writing class?? Ears prick up! I'd love to hear more about that - I write technical manuals, and have a degree in library science, so am always interested. We can take it off-line, so as not to bore everybody else to snores.

Well, my Phase 1 is complete. Total of 8 lbs in 2 weeks - this is good, and, even more important, I am OP TODAY.

Take care all - just think, in 2 hrs, I get my first real carbs in 2 weeks
Sue
Old 07-07-2004, 11:32 AM   #11  

Ruth, I hope you get that x-ray. I hate it when you're not feeling well.
Glad to hear that your barn has righted itself.

Little Chick, you must be run ragged getting ready for that wedding! I'm sure everything will go smoothly, and you'll look stunning.

Mamacita, I'm so glad your DD got home safely the other day... I was worried SICK!

VT, I'm ashamed to admit that I never added up my snacks. I used to have about four of those fudgsicles a day.
Good luck with your exams, hon!

Peggy... thinking of you today while you're dealing with that staff member. And thank you for your kind words.

Katie, enjoy the picnic, and get that walk in!!

Sue... no need to apologise... it was my fault. I often inadvertently offend some people. I write without thinking.
And I'm with you re: the tiny 20 year-olds. If my sister tells me ONE more time that she needs to lose 5 pounds...
Congratulations on your 8 pound loss!! That's wonderful!!

DH has a few days off, and we're taking the children to see Harry Potter today. And yes, I WILL be having popcorn. Don't try and stop me.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #12  
RNMOM

Smile Hello kids

Just being lazy today. Ran two miles last night and worked on weights. I really pushed myself and today my muscles are telling me swear words. Worked in the yard edging my pine tree last night, it looks so good. Front yard today then off to work at 2:00.

Ruth get that arm looked at, maybe all you'll need is a cock-up wrist splint not a cast.

Ellis I hope you got more sleep.

Congrats to the losers!

I can't figure out what I want to eat today, I'm so sick of salad ! I need something to really satisfy me and I can't figure out what it is. It must be TOM because I've been going through the cupboards like a bear that's done hibernating..........grrrrrrr.............
Old 07-07-2004, 11:35 AM   #13  

RNMom, congratulations on the workouts!! Woof! You go, girl!!
Old 07-07-2004, 12:31 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hola, beach beauties!

Clovey, so glad you had a lovely birthday! :birthday2: I love unplanned days...they are the best! And I love the poems; keep them coming, okay? :

Ellis, all this exercising...you are putting us all to shame! Good for you! Sorry to hear about that finch...5 am is WAY too early! I went to bed at 10 (way early for me) last night so I could get up at 5:30 this morning to go to the gym. Oy! That was way too early! Hope you were able to get some more sleep!

Ruth, congrats on the resettled barn! Hope that Kevin took all that stuff to the road so you can nurse your poor wrist! I hope that there is no cast involved, but that you can feel much better very soon! Your poor thing.

Little Chick, your mani/pedi sounds wonderful! I'm in awe of all you are doing for the wedding, and thrilled that you'll have the girls off your hands for a bit and time to just be with DH. Enjoy it!

Mamacita, congrats on the personal bathroom time! One of my coworkers showers and dresses in our gym at work since she has four daughters at home and one bathroom. She just admits defeat and comes here.

VT: Snack drinks might fill that chocolate craving, but in general they are empty calories, and unlikely to truly fill you up. You'd be better off mixing a bit of one with some yogurt and fruit--anything with some fiber in it and protein to fill you up truly. Anything that does not have nutritional value and is sweetened counts for your 75. Hot chocolate mix, snack drinks, SF meringues, AND fudgesicles are all part of it. Technically, we aren't allowed Splenda ice cream or any ice cream other than the freezer kind. But that's your decision, and if you had it, it would count for the 75. Ruth, does that sound right? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! One thing I love, that does not count for the 75, is fruit (especially berries) with vanilla flavored yogurt and cinnamon. Even tastier if you add some ground flax seed! Yummmm

Sweet Tooth, sorry about the disciplinary problem at work! What a mess! Hope it went as well as could be expected. We had several student workers that were problems this year and dealing with it gave me such panic attacks. Not fun!

Katie, good for you on all that studying in this heat! Where in PA are you? Are you getting the same awful heat/humidity wave as we are in NY? I take it you don't like your research class? What are you studying?

Kristasmom: sorry that you feel that way around those 20 year olds. I know how you feel...but just think about all the knowledge and wisdom you have that they don't! I have to think about that often as I work at a college and deal with these girls everyday. You wouldn't imagine how much they don't know that we do. I'm glad you feel safe in your water aerobics class...that's a good place to feel good about yourself! Congrats on starting Phase 2! You'll love it! And on your weight loss so far!

RNMom, you are kicking with all that exercising! Good for you!!! Have some veggies...have you tried red bell pepper in hummus? Celery in PB? Beans? That can really fill you up!

I went to the gym this morning, did a great interval workout on the elliptical...worked really hard on the high points...almost running. Got my heart up to the 160s (high end of cardio for me)...wow! It was awesome! Did a bunch of arm weights, too. Having a taco salad for lunch with refried beans, which I am dying for. Yummmmm Tonight we are having hamburgers, and I am so excited! I found Ezekiel bread buns, and hope that the one serving of one bun is correct. I haven't had a real sandwich (not open face) in so long! We're having 3 bean salad and coleslaw with it. Should be good, I think, as long as I can get those salads made and in the fridge before lunch is over so they can meld and taste good when we get home!

Had a big rainstorm here. Should be fairly warm and humid all day today and tomorrow. Not my favorite weather...

My therapist mentioned that she sends many of her clients to a nutrition clinic nearby to make sure that their diets are healthy for them. I'm sure SBD is healthy (this is the healthiest I've been in a very long time!), but I'm not sure about what the amounts I am eating, the rapidity of my weight loss, and the amount and type of exercise I'm doing, so I'm interested in seeing the nutritionist to find out. Made my appointment today for next Wed. I have to fast for two hours before. She said there is one test where I blow out into a machine and another where they put electrodes on my hands and feet. They will be able to tell my exact body composition, whether I'm getting enough water and other things, and whether I'm doing the right kind of exercise. I'm excited to see the results! Seems that this won't be covered by insurance, but is only about $105 for both tests, which I think is a bargain. Hope DH feels that way...

Have a great afternoon, chicks!
Old 07-07-2004, 12:35 PM   #15  

hello there ladies!!!
i missed you all very much. i had a wonderful holiday weekend. work is a mad house right now and me taking a day off last week didn't help at all. this will be a quickie i just wanted you all to know i didn't drop off the face of the earth.

clovey happy birthday!!!!! glad you had a great day!!

well i will try to catch up with you all later, hope you all have a great day!!!!
Closed Thread