Old 07-03-2004, 07:51 AM   #1  

Default Low Carb Daily, July 3rd-9th

starting up for the weekend and a new week. Grab a cup of coffee and chat!

Old 07-03-2004, 07:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whizzing around getting ready for a work bee at the Fairground so will pop in later.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:06 AM   #3  

Good morning! we had tremendous thunder and rain last night, very muggy and hot...but woke up to clean blue skies and cool, dry air. Gorgeous day! coffee's on and time's-a-wastin'

I am dragging DH to the DN's softball championship game this morning at 9. they probably won't be in much longer, so I want him to see a game. they are so cute(9 years old!) and DN is catching today.

Bathroom renovation is coming along. Tile mostly up, not grouted. I am waiting on some trim tile that was back ordered.

MIL progressing well. We'll probably go visit tomorrow just for the day. Then waiting for a nursing home or intermediate care facility bed for next week. She can't go home alone yet and wants to be where there is nursing help.

I have to get moving, get showered and off to the ballfield- one town over. After that, no plans for the rest of the weekend, just see what comes up. I have some bathroom-related projects; paint the door and some trim, and go purchase a light fixture. Maybe get some chicken to grill tonight.

how's everyone else? L, did you get in golf -was it rainy there? Kel, enjoy your baseball.

I've noticed a distinct LACK of talking about food in my posts lately! I have been just trying Maintenence. I am snacking/grazing a lot(didn't cook last weekend) That means unlimited fruit, yogurts, some sf LF ice cream bars, and cookies. but I take it easy on fat and protein portions when I am eating carbs like this. At least I am too busy to eat a lot of the time. Got on the scale today for the first time in a week and am exactly the same. I'm grateful for small miracles!

have a good one, dottie

have fun Ruth-bee

Last edited by dottiejon; 07-03-2004 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:14 PM   #4  

Morning DottieJon, and Ruth, hey what the heck is a work bee??? You do so many interesting things up there in Canada.
We have major mugginess and heat here for our weekend. We plan to have a cookout on the patio Monday, but will try to get up to DC for the gala fireworks show Sun evening. I am off from work ( at the hospital) for 5 days!!
Anyone know a good way to get those pesky beetles off of my roses? I spray almost daily and they keep on returning! Linda
Old 07-03-2004, 08:41 PM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Happy Happy Happy weekend chickies! What a beautiful day! Did errands this morning: FINALLY got my hair cut and roots touched up (hooray!!!);had to buy a new UPS for my computer - yesterday's storms were the final straw in the frying of the old one!! While I was at it, I also got a new cordless optical mouse and keyboard... wow! this thing seems to be able to do anything - including butter a bagel!!! (LC bagel, of course!!! )

Tomorrow for the 4th, we'll be going into NYC for Sam's 5th birthday party, which, fortunately for me, has been moved OUT of Central Park back to the park/playground near their apartment... gonna be a long day, but we probably won't stay in the city for the fireworks. Sheesh! I cannot believe that my grandson is 5 already - why, that must make me old?!?!?!?

Dottie, you were absolutely right about that storm clearing out the humidity and making for an absolutely gorgeous day and clear skies: perfect for a Mets/Yankees game!!! (got that Peachie????? ) I hope your DN's team did as well as the Mets did today glad to see that your mil's doing ok.........

Ruth, I certainly hope that the work bee didn't sting you too badly today - remember to get REST!!! BTW, how's Harry and the girls?

Virginia Chickie, sounds like you've got a nice 4th planned-I hope you don't hit too much traffic! My dd1 went to UM and I remember the traffic around there! About those beetles, my mom used to have rosebush hedges - and when the beetles would appear (I don't know if they are the same type of beetle - we used to call them "Japanese Beetles", we would plant garlic bulbs at the roots of the bushes...... bye bye beetles!!!!! I hope this helps with your problem. It's all I know - I'm not much of a gardener.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:39 AM   #6  

Why thats a splendid idea! I sure did not want to resort to those goofy looking beetle traps that actually lure more of them. yes they are japanese beetle, but wow they are abundant and love my rose bushes. I know we will have traffic driving up to D.C. so we plan to leave here about 12 noon, and do some sightseeing, then dinner before the fireworks. It will be a long day, then a late return home after midnight. Glad Dh and I are off Monday!
LINDA
Old 07-04-2004, 06:35 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Morning chickies!!

Six flags was awesome (for the kids) and tireing for me. I did not get home until 1:30 am, and was at work by 6 the next morning. I am gald that I had been tanning for the last month so atleast I did not get burned so bad. I jst started to peel so I did get a good one but not as horrible if I had not been tanning. Now I have no excuse for tanning except that it is 10 min just for me and nobody is in there with me and i can not work and I turn the music up so loud I can not think of work. (sounds like fun?? I did not have it up before and I keep thinking what a waste this is I should be doing somehing so It is time of nothing for me bathed in warm glow. the only think\g I do think about is how to get the wrinkle out of the boobs where when I lay down the goosh up and cause a wrinkly near my arm. and how I can not do stand up or I will have a shadow down to the knees from the boobs.

If I have 10 min with that being my only worry then it is all worth it!!

well today is another week. i am working tomorrow and I have a swim meet on friday saturday and sunday. I really am looking forward for it. that is 3 days out of the house and laying in the sun with nothing to do. well it will be hot and sticky and well I am guessing not as much fun as tanning. but it is no work and no husband and well not much to think about so a book i will bring. and sleep plenty of times.

gosh I am chatty today. I guess I need to get my coffee and get the day started.

Love to all and see I am still alive just utterly busy. I can not wait till I can have a little down time to do nothing but that!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:17 AM   #8  

hi sue-love to read the chatty posts!
Sono, enjoy Sam's 5th, it goes so quick doesn't it?
VAchick,enjoy the fireworks, and drive safely!

for us, we will be on the road also, down the jersey tpk to Wilminton DE to visit MIL. She's doing well, this is just a check-in and give her a alittle company. Home same day, and off tomorrow for the holiday.

got to get moving, DH wants to leave at 8 and I haven't showered yet!

hi Ruth, L, LindaBC and everyone else I missed-

dottie
Old 07-04-2004, 08:50 AM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning, I must have missed the fact that you started a new thread yesterday. Not too many plans for today, we will hit the pool for the afternoon. I should have thought ahed and invited friends for a BBQ but i am far too self absorbed these days!
No golf either....
happy birthday to sam, happy 4th to the american chickies and happy weekend to all!
-L
Old 07-04-2004, 12:25 PM   #10  

Happy 4th of July, Americans!

Please take a moment today between the BBQs, friends/family and fireworks to reflect on what the day really means.

Everyone have a great day - I'm heading off to the ballfield. We won both games yesterday. The last one was a GREAT come-from-behind win with the score being 11-1 at one point!

Kel
Old 07-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Glorious Fourth, American sisters. I am actually 3/8 American, by the way. That entitles me to fly the Stars and Stripes along with the Maple Leaf!

Just back from a lengthy Parish Church Service which ended with the reading of a letter from our priest telling us he's moving to a new Parish in September. Here we go again and just when we had him trained! I am certainly glad to no longer be a Warden as I hate searching for and interviewing new clergy!

A work bee? It's just a work party. I guess we looked like a swarm of bees with lots of workers doing different jobs. We moved the stage, moved the bandshell, painted the parade float and painted the office. I replanted some of the flowers and tried to stay out of harm's way. My arms are sore and tired today but it's done! I really socked the fertilizer to the plants and gave them a pep talk about geting with it in less than three weeks. The Fair starts on the 22nd.

So will somebody please tell me who or what is Six Flags?

There is a memorial service in the old cemetery at 2 so I'd better dig around for a suitable sun hat and get going. Somehow, I doubt that my gardening hat will work!

I hope you are all having a fun and relaxing long weekend. Don't give a thought to old George III and his dumb rules about tea. He was nuts anyhow.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:13 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Hi, gang. Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing. I'm having (another) lazy day. Doctor still doesn't want me to do anything that could strain or bump my infected finger. Another 3 weeks of antibiotics until it's totally better but I'm able to do more and more with it. I got very brave this morning....or foolish, take your pick, ....and stepped on the scale. I knew I'd gained because I'm having the old wind problem (can't seem to get enough air even with deep breaths) but I was stunned to see that I've gained 12 lb in my three weeks of immobility. Nuts! Wish I'd never even gotten on the damned machine.
Happy 4th to all my American friends. Sound like you're all very busy with family outings, etc.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:43 PM   #13  

Happy 4th of July everyone! DH and I attended a small town parade yesterday in my home town. Lots of tractors, bicycles, horses, tricycles and one fire truck. The honorees were residents who had lived in the area for over 90 years. It was a wonderful time for all. Only lasted 30 minutes. It is a small town, population around 1040. LOL. I think I counted nine Boy Scouts leading the parade. Afterwards there was a flag ceremony, an auction, barbeque sandwiches and plates, booths with arts and crafts and they opened the town museum that we've all been contributing to. We didn't stay to eat, just headed back home.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:56 AM   #14  

Default Monday AM

Ruth, rest your arms today! And LindaBC, I still say some of it is retained fluid. How many calories would you have to eat to gain 12 lbs. Not possible. When you're finger is better and you're off the meds, I'll bet you can drop a lot of that in a week of good LC>

Six Flags Great Adventure is an amusement park- there are a couple, one in New Jersey, one near Springfield Mass, which I assume is the one Sue went to last week. It's huge with the big rides, water park stuff, crowds. I went once and did not go on any rides- don't like even the baby ones- but it's a fun day if not too hot.

It's a day off for most here in NY, but my contractor is banging away upstairs, I am happy to report. I think there may be some days with no work while waiting for back ordered tile, but that should be here the end of the week. It's looking good- can't wait for this to be over though.

I am definitely going to get food back to where it should be. Have been eating too much snackie food and not cooking- between the heat and contruction confusion. But I am headed out to BJ's this afternoon and get some meat and veggies and eggs. It's been fun eating tons of fruit, but it's really not that good for me, it substitutes for protein, and then I am hungry later and eat a banana and a corn muffin and there you go. I have to get back to more protein each meal. It lasts longer.

That's it for me. What's up with you all?

Hi Lolow, loved the description of your small town parade, it's a little like that in my village parade, more people, but just love watching the Brownie troops and boy scouts and softball teams and the elderly veterans, often driven in cars...I just tear up and cry til it's over!

see you later,
dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 07-05-2004 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:51 AM   #15  

.....I am out the door....but Sono...this is for you:

Pigs are flying and **** has frozen over!!!!

(mark hale...n.y. post)

peach