South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #1  

Red face Forget willpower, I need divine intervention

Why oh why oh why did I jump on the beach with you wonderful women all but a mere few days before a holiday weekend AND a vacation with my IN-LAWS?

And this morning was my turn to bring the bagels into work. I still participate in the Friday bagel day cause I am part of the team. I do real well and normally do not cave and pass the bagels by. But they were warm and in my car and all yummy.

See??!! Somebody slap me.

I have my lunchbag packed and the rest of the day will be better. And I did an hour of my cardio kickboxing class last night.

Plan, plan, plan...I must plan. Good news is the scary MIL (mother-in-law) knows "we" are on the South Beach diet. (DH started it with me and adopted many principles but is not really on the diet...he eats as he wants when not with me!). She has already asked what kinds of foods we need to have at the cottage. So at least I can be close to OP while away next weekend.

Oh dear...I need help.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:47 AM   #2  

good luck jen, it really is hard to pass up the temptation sometimes. i'm sure you will do fine!! planning is really the key. hope you have a nice weekend away and nice to meet you by the way!!
Old 07-02-2004, 09:59 AM   #3  

It does seem like it will be hard to stay OP all weekend but you're MIL's attitude is great. Warm bagels are tempting but you can stay OP the rest of the day.

I'm worried about Sunday when we are supposed to go to the water park for many hours with another family. I am pretty sure they don't have anything OP although they may have an overpriced chicken sandwhich. I could skip the bun. And they do NOT allow you to bring food into the water park.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:39 AM   #4  

Unhappy Feelin the pain

I'm attending a party with my friends for the holiday weekend. Its going to be a lot of fun. However, There is a pool. and I've been told I have to swim. I'm praying it rains. but in the mean time... I have to do the one thing I hate doing every year today - buying a bathing suit. Yuck!!!! I don't want to do it, but I need one cause (yeah) the one I have is too big (because of SB!) but I still don't look great either. eeek! So wish me luck.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:00 AM   #5  

Katie - Good luck!! I just had to buy some clothes and a swim suit because my stuff was too big also. Its a blessing and a curse at the same time.

The swim suit I found was a tankini where the bottoms were little shorts. I feel so much more covered but yet trendy. Since we weigh the same, it might work for you also.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:01 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Kiko -- I hear you on the suit woes although my experience this year was great! Bought a nice one without the hide the fat skirt and such...

I too have parties this weekend. But I am going to bring all my own stuff [and a bit extra so it looks like I am contributing].

Barb - water parks ARE scary. I love me some funnel cake! But, you are right. Have the chicken w/o the bun. Sometimes they do veggies and such in kids' meals at those places. Just ask!

And Jen -- just stay OP for the rest of the day and don't beat yourself up!

Old 07-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #7  
RNMOM

Default What Jenne said....

Don't beat yourself up!
Old 07-02-2004, 11:11 AM   #8  
As I think, I am.

Thumbs up

Good Morning, Jen

Some thoughts that are helping me...

*There is always going to be "something" going on that can upset the apple cart. I must plan for these times or I will fail.

*I DO NOT want to look like I do anymore. Food that stays in my mouth perhaps a minute, while I chew it, is not worth me looking like this any longer. I have made a deal with myself....til my birthday in Sept I am going to do this for myself, NO MATTER WHAT. Once I get going, I'm hoping that the wonderful feeling of being successful will spur me onward!

*I'm not wasting time anymore. I have spent a decade being a small person trapped in a fat body. Life is too short. I'm tired of worrying about the effect on my health and I'm tired of elastic.

You can do this, Jen. How bad do you want it? !!! I can tell from your post, you want it badly!

Plus, you have this marvelous group of women to cheer you on!
Now, come on... ...let's get this thing going...time's a'wastin!

Lisa
P.S. On your bagel day, put them in the trunk
Old 07-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilintwins
Katie - Good luck!! I just had to buy some clothes and a swim suit because my stuff was too big also. Its a blessing and a curse at the same time.

The swim suit I found was a tankini where the bottoms were little shorts. I feel so much more covered but yet trendy. Since we weigh the same, it might work for you also.
thanks Jen! I was looking at the tankini's earlier and I thougt that shorts might not look so discusting.
Closed Thread