South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 04:46 AM   #1  

Default Thursday chit chat

Greetings to all beach belles this lovely sunny morning.

I lost four pounds over night last night. How about that for wish fulfillment?

I just picked a Rumi card for us all for the day (a deck of cards with quotes on each) and we got 'After despair, many hopes flourish, just as after darkness, Thousands of Suns open and start to shine'.

So that is alright then.

Life here is as normal. My mother just called in distress to say that her legs are leaking.....remind me not to get old. She has had over swollen ankles for a while and it seem the fluid has found a way out through her skin. So I shall have to call the district nurse Sally and see if she can pop in....the woman is a total angel. Poor mother meanwhile is distressed and fretting, quite understandably.

Karen phoned in excitement to say that the sculpture gallery wants to exhibit some of her work. This has to be good news, although how the public will react to the rounded bottoms protruding out from roses which she seems to have been focussing on this year.......well it remains to be seen.

onwards and downwards...
Old 07-01-2004, 06:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning Clovey, Congratulations! Your sun certainly did open and start to shine, well done!
I've been up and puttering around since quarter to 5. I have been sleeping lousy these past nights, and after tossing and turning most of last night I just said the heck with it and got up. So I have had my tea and the second load of laundry is in the washer, and I have even washed the kitchen windows! Am I going crazy or what? Maybe it's a side effect of menopause?
Jake fixed the problem with the pool and didn't think it was any big deal. Here I was all worried that we'd have to buy a new pump. So yesterday I spent a rare and relaxing afternoon on my poolchaise in the pool with no little ones around! I have to work on my tan so I don't look like a tourist next week. Luckily, I have olive skin and don't burn.
Kiko - Thank God your test came back all clear!!!
Justjodi - I loved the story about your DS, it reminded me of the first time I shaved under my arms and then sprayed on deodorant! Glad that your back OP again.
Jenne1017 - Congratulations on the loss, too bad about how it came off, but it all counts!
I'm gonna go fix me another cup of tea so I'll check in later. (Hope I can pee it all out before my workout!)
Old 07-01-2004, 07:16 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Well, it's the Big Day for dh. He has to be at the hospital by 10:15 this morning and we probably won't be home til about 4:30 or so, depending. I'm taking my Alphasmart to get in some writing, a book, and a ball of yarn and needles to start a knitting project. Socks. What else?

Totally blew it last night on the most luscious frozen concoction to ever grace the state of Georgia...Italian Gelato. Hoo boy. I had the teeniest portion they offered of pineapple basil. I don't even want to think how much sugar was in that little 1/2 cup portion. If I was to get an ice cream maker, I wonder...could I recreate that stuff using Splenda? If I could...ahhhh bliss.

Clovey, I wasn't able to access that link to the cottage you're looking at. I'd love to see it, though. Could you resend?

Cottage, glad you got your pool problem cleared up.

Well, guess I'll go make myself a cup of tea, Cottage you made it sound so yummy. I have some Irish blend from Teavana. Since I have most of the morning, I'll get this posted and come back in a bit.

Mamacita
Old 07-01-2004, 07:50 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good wishes for your DH, Mamacita.
My DH just got up! I swear he is attached to my login! I'll get eh morning schedule cranked up and then be back. I've been up since 5, of course, but.....
Old 07-01-2004, 08:08 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Jodi... Your poor little boy. Puberty is such an embarrassing time.
Hey, congratulations on staying OP yesterday, girl!! Have you considered trying for two days in a row?

Clovey, your dear Mom. I'll be saying prayers for her today.
The paintings sound neat! I'd love to see them.
Hey, I can't see the first house! Is there another link?

Cottage, you've got to get some sleep, you busy girl!!

Mamacita, prayers for your DH today... let us know how things go.

Lisa, welcome! And yes, we were/are all pretty grumpy initially.

Sue, congratulations on the 4 pounds! That's 4 pounds less for your knees to deal with!!

Karen, you must be feeling on top of the world. Ummm... what the heck is a "laundry fest"!? What... does everyone take their laundry down to the river and wash it by hand or something?

Ruthie, I hope you're starting to heal. This stormy weather is a perfect time for you to stay in and relax. Get someone over to walk the girls for you.

Jess, good luck with the job hunt, and have fun this weekend!

Ummm... Peggy? Where do you live? A BOMB scare?! Tell me it's not Ottawa.

Laurie, I wish you lived nearby, you exercise queen you. I need someone to drag me to the gym. Have a wonderful holiday!!

I had a wonderful time last night at my sister and her partner's place. A bunch of us sat around on their upper deck and drank wine... it was a hoot. Her partner has a little wine cellar in the basement, and he kept bringing out better and better bottles to try. I've just taken four Advil.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:09 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chickies please tell me someone has some Advil I have the worst this morning. We had another couple over last night and we sat out on the deck having a few drinks, of course I had a bottle and then started the second one of wine, then had an Irish cream. It was fun last night mind you I hurt more just thinking about it today and of course there is not a pill in the house to take away this headache. Grrrrr. HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL MY CANADIAN SISTERS.
Morning Ruthie how are you feeling are you healing?
Mamacita- My prayers are with DH today. I bet he is more nervous today. Let us know how he makes out.
Cottage- glad the pool is fixed and was nothing serious, I too am working on my tan for my sisters wedding. Mind you I am very fair and burn easily. I do tan but I am ususally the only one who knows it. I can tell when I am naked, cause I can see my tan lines.
Clovey- your poor mom that would freak me right out. Nice loss.
Good morning to all you chicks yet to come.
I must go the dam birds are singing and even the sound of the keyboard hurts my head. I think maybe I should go back to bed.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:11 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

Ellis this is becoming a habit. Us posting at the same time. And we were both drinking last night. How come you don't feel so bad???????
Old 07-01-2004, 08:13 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

I guess I should have read you post better. Duh.... I am sitting her drooling at the fact that you have ADVIL.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:28 AM   #9  

Darling, you missed the part where I said I just took 4 Advil. Sorry I can't send you some... glad you had fun last night!!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:29 AM   #10  

Geez, we posted at the same time again.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! I have tons of Advil! I just need to remember to take them BEFORE I start to hurt a lot! Duh! Pain is a great reminder. Things are very slow to heal, I'm afraid. Getting older sucks! The wrist is much improved although still in the splint most of the time but I'm pretty sure the right arm will need physio.

Ellis and Little Chick, sure you have slight (I hope!) hangovers but you DID have fun. We need to be easy on ourselves sometimes and enjoy this short life!

I'm still smiling over Kiko's test results!

Cottage, a guy named Jake WOULD know how to fix the pool problem. I've never met a Jake who was not pretty smart about stuff like that. It's nice to know your worrying was for nothing. Enjoy the laundry fest! I need to have one too.

Clovey, your Mum's edema problem sounds terrible! It's lucky that she has someone nearby to care for her. Sally sounds like an angel.

Mamacita, it sounds like you are well prepared for your wait at the hospital. Is this an out-patient procedure or will your DH be in overnight? And what the heck is an Alphasmart?

I was out to the garden early this morning to pick lettuce and dill and my annual red and white poppies are in bloom for CANADA DAY! They couldn't have timed it better! The mosquitos were also out in full force. Damn things! We'll just get rid of them and then the deer flies will start to be followed by the wasps! It's a good thing I forget about these creatures during the winter or I'd not look forward to summer! I also scared away some cedar waxwings who were eating my strawberries! It doesn't bother me as I can buy berries but can't buy waxwings!

Today the Village will be hopping with celebrations. There are children's activities all day at the Fairgrounds and a fishing derby for the kiddies as well. Little kids are so excited when they catch a tiny sunfish! There is a parade in Newboro tonight that Hersh and I were supposed to march in but I really am too sore to do that. I hate to let down the Red Hat Ladies but don't think it's worth the agony. Hersh is very well-mannered but there is a strain on the arm and wrist when I walk with her. (I learned this from yesterday's visit to the Nursing Home!)

Plans for today? Not much! A luxurious bath, a salmon salad lunch, fajitas for dinner and a bit of Village roaming to check out the happenings!

Have a super day!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:33 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, ladies!
I have to agree that pain SUCKS! I resent it too, because it limits me. I pick up the phone instead of trotting over to someone's desk, I actually asked my daughter to get me a spoon in the kitchen, when we were only one room away!

Clovey is Sally a National Health nurse? I often think that so many people here could stay in their own homes longer if it were just easier to get someone who knows you to drop in. Or is my picture of English life hopelessly contaminated by 1950s mystery novels?

Ruth, I love that sentence - "I can buy berries, but I can't buy waxwings." I just wish our feeders weren't also subsidizing all the squirrels from our house to the next block!

I don't believe this, but I dropped another 2 lbs last night! Here I am, trying not to develop a scale addiction, and the damned thing is jonesing me up one side and down the other! Does anyone else do this, every damned day?

Well, have a meeting to go to, so TTFN

Sue
278/272/160
SW/CW/GW

Last edited by KristasMom; 07-01-2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #13  

What is a waxwing? I think I might want one.

When I was in Georgia a few years ago I saw fireflies for the first time.....

I have tried to repost the link to the cottage but it doesnt work...I think because there is a fancy search facility on the page. When I go and see it, if I like it I will take a digital photo and post that. The estate agent is desparate for me to see an old coach house in central Frome, but it has communal gardens, and of course that will not do. I said so but she phoned back later to say that she thought I really should see it as the vendors sometimes used to 'tidy up' the garden themselves. Hmmm. Well, I shall go and see it as it is near the station, and it will make her happy I suppose. Communal gardens. I ask you.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:41 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning!!!

Need to work -- will be back later!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Ruth,
Yes, my Jake is a pretty good handyman, but he learned out of neccessity, we couldn't afford to pay someone every time we had a problem! I saw a tshirt once that said "You don't know Jake" that I want to get for him. His birthday is July 7 while we're at the shore, and I think it'd make a great present for him.

Mamacita - Prayers for your DH's surgery today. I love Gelato! You should try the Rosemary Lemon, yum yum!

Ellis & Little Chick - Don't use up all the Advil! I'll be needing it next week, as I plan on sitting at the wet bar on the wharf drinking wine every night! Ahhh, vacation - - -

Announced to Jake yesterday that vacation officially begins Friday night, so I didn't plan on cooking all weekend, and found out that DD and family are coming Saturday and bringing her inlaws from Texas! So I'd better plan a menu for them.

I just got some lovely blueberries, nice and fat, that I'm going to have with yogurt for a mid-morning snack. Blueberries are my favorite fruit! It's supposed to get pretty hot and humid today, so I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the little ones, I'll have them from 12 to 8pm today. We could go swimming, but I don't like to have them in the sun too long, especially the baby. We'll come up with something fun to do though. I'm sure going to miss those kids next week, but it'll be nice to have a whole week to myself.

See you all later!
Closed Thread