Old 06-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Lightbulb Walking to fitness

I got myself a pedometer this morning and I"m going to track my steps for the next week and then using this really neat chart I"m going to increase my # of steps over the next few months. Hopefully it will inspire me to get outside and do more walking. I used to go for walks all the time but it just seems like too much of an effort now. If you are interested in seeing this chart go to this site http://lancaster.unl.edu/food/walk.pdf this is a printable format if you want to try this out too.

Anyone interested in a walking challenge??
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:04 PM   #2  

Walking is my main exercise. I walk from 5 to 7 miles daily. Yep, I am up for a challenge. Keeps me motivated. I don't wear my pedometer in the house though. I don't feel like it will be accurate for a number of reasons. One being when you sit down or get up, bending, etc. I just wear it for my walks outside. I have a new lifestyles pedometer and it seems to be quite accurate on my walks.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:54 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy32
I don't wear my pedometer in the house though. I don't feel like it will be accurate for a number of reasons. One being when you sit down or get up, bending, etc.

I realized that quickly as well too that it is accurate for just plain walking but not accurate when you are walking around the house doing chores. I got the lawnmower out and mowed our tiny patch of lawn and it was about 400 steps worth!! So I'll just have to take it off when I am doing stuff like that.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:59 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Yeah...I had mine on in the car once on a bumpy road and it showed that I'd walked 400 steps.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:34 PM   #5  

LOL, at Jennelle......hey, that is my kind of exercise......or, well, it used to be.....now I'm gym/swim cardio and weights kind of a gal, of course....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote